Noticed something about how Aggro works now.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Quantum Rising Committed Player

You mean dom doesn't affect agro?

:p
    • Like x 2
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What.
    • Like x 5
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yeeeaaaa....Budakai is done on the forums. No one can believe anything you say now hahah.

Even 9001bpm said whaaaat hahaha
    • Like x 5
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Hey, I know exactly what I’m doing... it’s the actual doing it I struggle with... As with driving a car, I aced the theory and barely scraped through on the practical ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Only if we're talking about cows.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Goddamm I need to stay off the motorways then. :p
    • Like x 4
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

This is from the link below & the some key information is highlighted to make it easier to understand......hopefully :p
    TANK
    Any active power cast by a Tank will Taunt opponents in a defined area.
    Some powers Taunt in an area around the caster while other powers Taunt in an area around a target.
    Most active powers can Taunt up to 8 opponents within the effect area.
    Each Tank power set has a single target Taunt that will override a normal Tank Taunt.
    A Taunt will raise the Tank to the top of an opponent's Threat table for twelve seconds and can not be normally overwritten. Taunts can not be renewed until ten seconds after the initial Taunt.

Note:
    Boss level opponents have scripted attacks that target an opponent based on certain criteria during which any Taunt will be temporarily ineffective until the scripted attack is completed.

You or anyone else cannot steal aggro. The tank is missing the 2 second reset window. Which is very easy to do.

The reason why you are getting attacked is because the tank lost his 10-12 second reset window and went over 12 seconds and then had to reinnitiate the aggro / taunt again or you're in an AEO attack directed at the tank. If that tank is casting powers every 8 seconds then you will have a 4 second window that the NPC goes after the highest DPS. It's that simple.

Read here and it will help you understand what is going on.
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Tank
    • Like x 1
  8. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Naughty Proxy ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Balton hero Committed Player

So.....yeah....I'm pretty done with reading this thread so in an effort to derail it some, maybe I could get a little help with a REAL tanking issue: Seems like in the TT alert, the bosses pretty much do whatever they want, other than one of their moves being lungeable. Is this accurate--are they scripted to mostly ignore the tank or am I doing something wrong? Guess what I'm asking is does anyone else have this problem?
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes. Mammoth stays with the tank until it's time to charge at someone else. He has a very obvious tell before he charges. He will also knock back whoever is in close range. I find it's easier to just lunge to him.

Cyborg will also charge someone other than the tank but he comes right back to the tank. He also has a couple ranged moves where he'll turn away and target someone else. If I have to tank I try to stay by the middle staircase so I can pull the drones.

I think the alert is best run without one since the boss fights are not 'tank-n-spank'. Everyone gets a 10% defense buff. If the DPS put a shield in their LO for the boss fights, it makes the healer or the troll's job less stressful.
    • Like x 3
  11. Quantum Rising Committed Player

I've noticed that this alert's bosses seem to have a TON of scripts
  12. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Touché. I do think, though, that there could not only be more than one screen tip for added messaging around the details of such things, but it also be added to the paragraphs they threw into the “Tank Role” description at level 10 on our power ‘trees.’
    • Like x 1
  13. Magnificent Loyal Player

I've noticed this as well and have started pacing my damage in order to keep from drawing aggro (and it works). It feels like the old days playing EQ :p
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

You'll be save on the motorway. Stay off the road shoulder though, if 9001's drivin'. :D
    • Like x 1
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

more than likely what you are seeing is a scripted attack, as the tank should always be at the top of the Aggro table if they are casting powers
  16. Yaiba Committed Player

Did you read patch note......................? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  17. Gimpy Loyal Player

reread my post very slowly

pay close attention to that last part

:cool:
  18. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Huh? If you’re saying your post was sarcasm, see below for now it’s done better. Sorry if your joke flew over my head. :)

• Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you hadn't of lost aggro the joke woudnt have gone over your head.
    • Like x 3
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Should add to this as I briefly skimmed this thread and didn't see it mentioned in responses is if you are using the single taunt abilities or hard taunt whichever you want to refer it as once you use that you will need to continue to use that taunt as there can be a situation where you use the single taunt and only use your regular tank powers after that initial cast and aggro will drop momentarily when the initially casted single taunt expires because of its higher value on the threat table.

This isn't as noticeable in the current game because its rare that tanks even need to single taunts unless you are running multiple tanks and in that case you wouldn't need to worry about the above situation as the 2nd tank etc would never allow the single taunt to drop. But during Survival Mode it was very common to see multiple deaths being the result of tanks letting the single taunt drop and forget to reapply it.