Not really sure?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Artillery Zero, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Artillery Zero Well-Known Player

Today I joined a pug for FOS1 on my cr 83 gadget controller. Everything was fine for the most part, I supplied power along with the other controller sure a dd or two died but this was in no way my fault. Yet when we reached the Brainiac Herald we wiped gathered and tried again but as the fighting started I was kicked. I wasn't even aware that was possible when in combat to kick someone. At time like these when I get kicked from anything I try to reevaluate my actions in the instance to see if I did something wrong or if my play style needs improvement for that role. Only this time I really can't see anything I did wrong. I did everything my role called for and I was booted. My question, is this how it is done most of the time when in a pug?
  2. twist New Player

Some leagues who are totally lacking in moral character have been known to kick people on the last boss to invite a friend. Or so their buddy can have an exclusive roll on a drop. Anytime I'm kicked from a group I go to my combat tab, write down their names, then add them to my ignore list. If I'm doing something wrong I want to be told about it, not summarily kicked from a group. So either way, whether they were just making room for a friend, making sure they got the loot or they thought I was doing something wrong, I don't want to play with the type of people who do this.
    • Like x 3
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

It was probably a vote that started before combat started, and the last vote was cast by the last person to join the fight.

Having said that, it was a lousy thing to do. Write it off as experience.
  4. Aiden Warren New Player

they kicked a troller? lol now they get no power. uh derp.
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

My experience in that particular instance, the troller is rarely to blame, as long as they're pumping power. When that boss has gone awry, it's because the DD's are burning fast enough, or the tank isn't keeping the boss in the centre.
    • Like x 1
  6. Corrupted Ertai New Player

More than likely they kicked you because someone else wanted the troll styles that drop only from that boss. There are two unique troll pieces that come off the herald.

Either that or we aren't getting the full picture.
  7. Aiden Warren New Player

My friend got kicked for not going troll role and some girl kept begging him to, and saying troller gives power, and I said to her, with no troller gear, Not hardly at all, she said so, it still gives power, and i said, vital is like 350+ and only gives like ticks of 90's and 100's of instants, and that cant help the whole group, and the raid didn't have another troller, and she told him to go troll please, or she will kick him, and he said uuuuhh, im Ice Power Set, and then, he was vote kicked, even tho I Voted No, but ofcourse new players just don't listen.
  8. Oddpodd Dedicated Player

Meh, do you remember their League name? If so, that'll help us to categorize them as a-holes and not accept invites when they are inviting for a run.

Anyways, there are lots of people/leagues out there without common courtesy. Kicking for doing something wrong is stupid, what every group should do is evaluate the situation and teach the member who isnt doing his job right. Who knows, that player might become one of the best when taught right.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mont New Player

happened to me, i was like wtf? right at end of a boss fight i got the marks then booted, i checked to see if i was in time out for deserter, i wasnt i requed took 5 min but got back into the same group now at another boss and having trouble, that will teach ya to boot a extra controler , boom boom boom , boss defeated still got my loot n bonus, so :p ya turds :)
  10. Artillery Zero Well-Known Player

Sorry nope, I rarely pay attention to names.
  11. Oddpodd Dedicated Player

Next time you should, makes our lives much easier when we ignore them. ;)
    • Like x 1