Not happy with the removal of crafting from Starro

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black Prime OG, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

On the pod cast, it was said to be removed because it was confusing. The crafting was very enjoyable and many players wanted it to return.
    • Like x 12
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

This argument is super weak indeed. By this standard we could abandon Crafting in general because the mathematical principle of adding different things together to get a new result seems to be too complicated for all of us.

Heck, iIrc the crafting materials even stated where they can drop, didn't they? The OP-Crafting-System was probably the best system for omnipotence items they have come up with so far.

How the fudge is crafting more complicated than "run stuff to get gear | get gear to get feat | get feat and runn stuff to get collections | get collections to get op items".

Then again, it is easy to submit an argument if you are in no need to explain it.
    • Like x 2
  3. IonHero Committed Player

They should make the crafting ingredients purchasable for marks.
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

My question is what's going to happen to all the crafting mats I had saved up from last year, awaiting the return of OP items in this years major event that is now non-existent?
    • Like x 4
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

totally agree, the crafting was one of the best parts from the starro event... :(
    • Like x 2
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...in their defense, they removed that format. Unless i misunderstood, now you wont need to get the gear and the feat to get the OP Collections. Youll get it right away.

But...i do agree, its a shame they removed the OP Crafting system.
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I hate that once again we have to deal with questionable RNG yet again.
    • Like x 4
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe the devs are starting to rework R&D as a whole. :) or at least in the planning stages and do not want to make double work.
    • Like x 1
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Disappointed as well.

I was even hoping for an expansion of the OP Gear crafting introduced in The Starro Event, something that could carry over to other Episodes. Not a fan of the Collection Meta, but it is what it is, I suppose. Perhaps the devs thought that having alts to help farm the crafting materials was too much of an advantage over those who don't have alts. *shrug*

The rest of the Episode looks nice though. Spindrift Station is beautiful.
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

That was a nice change indeed, just as it should be. Just run the content for a chance. Here's hoping the droprate is reasonable.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: same procedure also with untradeable essences and generator mods... how disappointing, to say the least...
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the starro op collections were fun to grind.

hence their removal from the game.
    • Like x 4
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Starro OP items will be RNG drops from the loot boxes at the end of the instances. The only collection will be for the new OP shoulder, and it will NOT require a gear feat to unlock the drops.
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

Oh lawd RNGeezus have mercy on me
    • Like x 1
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We'll all be praying to RNGesus...and RNGesus will laugh at most of us all day long. :oops:
    • Like x 4
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'm honestly just glad they didn't make it 3 more different collections, would be a hot mess. Here's hoping the overall droprates of this stuff isn't at crazy RwC turn off-level.
    • Like x 2
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

How's that? They aren't changing anything. They are removing a system that promoted playing alts and running content a ton and changing it to run it as many times as you want, the RNG will decide when you get your OP items.

Still calling BS on this.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Am I the only one that’s actually kinda glad because I’m not sitting on a stack of 19282719228 simples, 72828281 complexes and 282829 Exoes? :D
  19. Abel Well-Known Player

Here's my understanding on what avair said on the Livestream.

The Old Starro OP Items will still be available via RNG. So players who did not get the feats from last years event, will still be able to get them..... but not by crafting but by RNG boxes. I believe they drop via the box that drops from defeating bosses in Deluge content. Stat wise they will not hold any value since they are outdated.

If I heard correctly their is only one New OP Item which is the shoulders which is available from collections via RNG.

Once again, that was my understanding from the Livestream.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

For the amount the hard to get collection will cost, you could have bought enough material to make multiple starro faces. Get real, and yes.