Not Good Enough

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Dec 5, 2019.

1. nawanda Loyal Player

The number and scale of the glitches in Metal Part II marks a new low for DCUO.

Every piece of content has moderate to serious bugs, including the open world area.

I’m not attacking the devs personally and have no reason to think they are anything other than talented, dedicated and well intentioned.

But on the whole, it’s really disappointing to get the amount of content we now get in a calendar year and for it to be presented to us in this state.
    • Like x 14
  2. Marek Committed Player

Ya it really should've been delayed a week atleast. I understand why tho ... release it ... start making money on it ... fix anything that arises. Also, I'm sure was to release it early that way they have atleast an extra week before Christmas to fix anything before they all go on vacation. But again, yes it should've been delayed
    • Like x 2
  3. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

But we're still going to keep playing, so it sets a precedent for future releases. ^_^
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

yea its funny now when i run the raid im gonna automatically think "ok guys, Blackhawk is missing so we gotta wipe" mechanics, or the "ok guys batman is stuck over the railing & the npcs are in the wall, gotta wipe again" mechanics.
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

Just think of them as new, exciting versions of RNG mechanics...LOL
    • Like x 1
  6. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Actually... any tips you could share on how to get past certain bugs you've already run into would be helpful. A Metal II "bug guide" if you will... :cool:

I haven't had time to check out the new DLC yet, but I'm sure there are lots of us who will be running the instances all throughout the weekend before the Devs have time to fix them all, so a "heads up" would be greatly appreciated.
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yeah..its bad
    • Like x 2
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I will say I'm glad it was just two boss with as buggy as it was .
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

This whole DLC as far as the on duty part goes is just sad on their part. Why would you release content in this current state. Sad that they its passable in any way, hell the 2nd raid isn't even up to play it
  10. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

we had batman get stuck over the railing, my Gorilla saved the day by launching barrels at him till he popped out haha
    • Like x 2
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

For the duo just leave req

For the 1 raid where u fight blackhawk, if theres no boss everyone needs to warp rally and go back the boss will be there.
    • Like x 2
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

by the time you do get to running it everyone should know what to do. pretty easy actually. just let the npcs (hawkgirl and batman) do their thing. dont rush ahead of them. i've been told the first boss will alway bug out initiating a disband. kind of ironic that the means to getting through the raid is just a little patience. rarest thing in the game.
    • Like x 3
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Looks like I’m sticking to open world for now. I say this every episode and will continue to do so... having your flagship content on test server for less time than fricking seasonals is a recipe for disaster.
    • Like x 4
  14. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Well when some glitch comes up with cash/items/WTS Neon 100 cashapp did you think they would have time to fit in any last minute fixes on the new dlc OR deal with some new prevalent issue that arose? I wonder if they were sidetracked dealing with this recent hyper-inflation fiasco and hundreds of "I was suspended unfairly" tickets... HMM I WONDER.

*Thumbs Down*
    • Like x 1
  15. Mazahs Loyal Player

Wait, what?
    I'm sure 99.99% of us agree that they needed to address the issues w/ glitch...duping...etc.
    I don't agree with putting out broken content.

This is something we actually pay for. Expecting it to work, shouldn't be too much to ask for
    Is it?
    • Like x 5
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

Utter rubbish.

‘We were so sidetracked with customer service tickets we didn’t notice our whole DLC was riddled with bugs, and launched it on time anyway.’

What would motivate anyone to be an apologist for the state of this DLC?
    • Like x 6
  17. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

No it's 100% pure rubbish to assume they had time to review tickets related to new dlc glitches/bugs when there are 100's in queue already. The test server doesn't just sit there unused, some of these issues aren't present on it and some on rare occasions aren't known until many end-users run through the dlc (not anywhere near the number of testers to run it through the paces like there is on the live site).

I don't think you realize last year before Christmas DB let go of over 70 employees so there are less on staff now to handle fixes and tickets. Yes the departments differ but they're also tied into each other i.e. a support staff member checks all tickets or those assigned a certain way so that means they're answering tickets regarding bugs on the new dlc and suspended/banned accounts.

Make more sense now? :cool:
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

what DO they do with all that Fing gamblebox money...is it used on this game even?
    • Like x 3
  19. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

FINALLY...a use for the Fing Gorilla...you are a true hero
    • Like x 2
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

No it doesn’t. We didn’t set the release schedule for the DLC. They have at least two people who produce the game. If due to unforeseen circumstances, even assuming your bit about money glitches and customer service tickets is relevant, just for argument’s sake - they couldn’t have the DLC ready in time, they could and should have delayed it.

I’m sorry but you can’t expect paying customers to accept faulty products and bad services. You certainly can’t do what you’re doing, which is effectively blame the customers. I pay hundreds of pounds a year to play this game.

Your bit about staff cutbacks is irrelevant to me. I am still paying my subscription. That hasn’t been cut back.

Again, if you can’t accept the blindingly obvious point that a DLC should be delayed rather than launched full of bugs, I don’t know what to tell you. We will just have to agree to disagree.
    • Like x 6