Not another one of those threads

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by minuteofdecay, Mar 18, 2015.

1. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I've been playing since free to play liked the game so much that I subscribed from then till now. The reasons I'm quitting have to do with multiple things but predominantly the nerfs to sorcery (shard not stunning anymore but nature, celestial and electricity all can even in healer role ) but the big kick in the teeth was this post:

You can earn the gear you need to progress right now. You will not be able to purchase top gear with marks in the future. There will always be some drops that are random in the game that are awarded for completing content. We do not block your progress for not having these items, so you can always play on.

This was spytle that said this. I miss grinding for my gear that I can earn with marks. This is unbelievable that they won't even consider putting a way in the game to grind for top gear instead of crappy drops that I will never get. That kind of unbending talk had me looking for other games. Been playing war frame and ff14 and will be looking at elder scrolls.

If anyone else is tired of the gambling for gear I suggest to stop playing and look for other games. These devs care not what some players want they only care about making u spend replays to gear up.

And to the people that want to know why I would make a post like this it is a courtesy to the devs so they know why someone who has put a lot of time in the game can walk away.

P.s. no u can't have all my stuff my 80 million and 206 sp will rot away with this game.
    • Like x 15
  2. Peach4saints Committed Player

That 80 mil tho.You sure you dont wanna give it away ;D
    • Like x 4
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Shrug, this is ultimately what I'm going to do. I've already decided that I won't be purchasing my subscription at the end of the month and I'm already playing something else in the meantime. 'Let's do something that manifests itself as an obvious cash grab then tell people we're keeping the system this way even though we've received more complaints about this decision than any other decision we have ever made'.

Brilliant.

People gotta make money but you cannot tell your customers to **** themselves and expect them to keep playing. This game isn't that good, period, and the game itself is not why I play the game itself - I may like the people I run with, but they'll live and I will too.
    • Like x 3
  4. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

If we didn't have Replay Badges then the best gear would be in the vendor like it was through T3. I miss those days, but I still enjoy playing with my friends and family.
    • Like x 6
  5. MrBeefCakes New Player

Wish you luck man. Just wish the developers weren't so out of touch with the community .
    • Like x 1
  6. Revoemag Committed Player

Being devil advocate here but..

What would you be doing if you didn't have gear drops to chase after?
    I myself have already completed both 109 DPs and troll gear sets, so the only reason I'm running the raids is for those higher drops. Otherwise I'd have zero reason to do them.

I agree the drop rate should be higher, but I don't know if you'd be more satisfied buying all your gear and then not having any reason to raid.

Tho I will admit my will to raid is low do to the horrible loot drops.
  7. Multigun New Player

Wait, gear is only earned by random drops now? The reason I liked this game back in the day was because of being able to earn marks to buy the gear. I HATE having to rely on random gear drops in ALL MMO's. If that's the case I'll put this game back on uninstall before I even start to get back into it.
    • Like x 1
  8. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Well I liked the OP drops I was still chasing the prime helmet 3 years later sooo more drops like that? I'm a slow grinder, I was completely put off by the gear in this DLC 99 vendor then 100 In raids I don't really care for raids I'll do them but it wasn't what I liked to do. The devs even said that alerts was what most ppl played but then they make them useless? Why?
    • Like x 1
  9. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Yes the best gear is only in the elite raid that nobody has beat without glitching it so just uninstall.
    • Like x 1
  10. Multigun New Player

Oh so its just the top gear? I'll never reach "top" gear area's (and I strongly dislike raiding), so as long as I can earn tier 1, 2, 3, 4 etc via marks, I'll be happy.
    • Like x 1
  11. FlowerFly New Player

Well what can i say its sucks u quiting i think its time to play something new as well since i have no one to play with ( 90 % of my old friends quit ) sad but true .
    • Like x 1
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

correction theres feats tied to all content so there will always be a reason to do content even if there wasnt gear tied to them ;)

not to mention I offered a way to have best gear in vendor, while also making raids viable still

simply have the OP items drop in raids still...
  13. Sbel Devoted Player

Yeah. The top gear is always in raids now, but it's never needed to progress to the next level. So right now the top vendor gear is 99, raids drop 100 gear, and the elite raid drops 101. But you won't need any 100 or 101 gear to get into the next dlc, and the vendor gear in the next dlc will be 102 or higher.

That doesn't fix what some people are upset about, but it's not as bad as what you were thinking. ;)
    • Like x 3
  14. Malachyte Devoted Player

Personally I also liked back at T4 where the best gear was obtained through marks, but since they went the route of better gear from drops I thought WOTL1 had it right where the Vendor Gear was the came item level as the drops but the drops were better stats and dropped more often.

The last 2 DLC the drop rates have been nothing short of disgusting and I really don't get why its like that. Some folks have varying theories, some sound logical some sound out there but truth be told, LAW drop rate was ridiculous low and this DLC, which I personally love the content, the drops you get is really getting me discouraged to keep on going.

98 Drops in Throne and especially Elite is absolutely absurd. Personally I'm not at the point of wanting to walk away, as I'm waiting for WOTL3 at least to see the finish of the trilogy, as well as HoP as I been waiting for Darksied for 4 years but after that who knows.

But per Spytle's comments, if the game is going to stay on this course and the drops are still going to be this putrid then its time to reevaluate.
    • Like x 1
  15. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Most of them are in touch, but in different ways. Look for example how they are trying to solve the kicking/griefing issue. Feedback of community made its way to become implemented to the game "soon"er or later as a way to ease the symptoms.

Marketing and sales, however, is in a completely different kind of touch with the community. Those people are looking for customers and "community" to them is a marketing tool to increase sales. Look at other games: lots of them around with gameplay ranging from poor to mediocre but with good sales mainly due to the fact of having a "good" community that makes playing those games fun for players, even though the pure game mechanics are as far away from fun as moon is from earth.

Obviously, the "lottery for top" system sells so many replay badges that the game is making more money that way than with the no replays but top gear at vendors approach. That's not a dev decisions, that's some sort of community feedback sales & marketing are using to base decision for further content on.

Solution: stop using replays, stop eating going for their bait. But this will not happen ;) Look at the "selling reset!" lines in shout, trade and LFG: replay badges sell, and to sell more, the game "recently" allowed the players who have more RL money to "feed" to the players who are short on it or don't want to spend it in DCUO.

They make money this way, which can easily be read as "customer likes product as it sells". Will not change until they stop making money this way; however, instead of back to vendor approach, Daybreak could as easily decide to sideline DCUO once revenue goes down again.
    • Like x 1
  16. yagamison New Player

Like others have said, feats and styles and enjoying the content is what kept me going back when I was maxed out at level. The main drops that I remember running content for were the weapons. The raids always had the best weapons, but the gear should have stayed in the vendors. I too felt like the wind had been taken out of me when I read that post from Spytle because up until then I still had hope that they would fix the problem and go back to how it was. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. I feel like I'm in the majority but who knows, maybe we are the minority and this change was for the better of the game.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

I hate the best gear in drops as well, but is that really a reason to quit the game?

I think what would stop me from playing is that they truly make it where you have to pay to win or the servers close. Even if I'm burnt out, I'll probably log a day or two, just no real grind. But as of late, due to real world stuff, I've only been getting a little here and there.

So from another f2p>legendary, bye.

PS Can I have your stuff?
    • Like x 1
  18. HardlineHero Committed Player

I don't like the gear drop policy either. I will not be resubbing either. The grind is still real but it seems only for what the devs want a player to do. Not being able to grind and save marks for the best gear anymore is not good.
    • Like x 1
  19. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

I'll throw my 2 cents in and say that the ELITE raid which does drop the 101 gear was to be for the so called ELITIST who was asking for harder content. The DEVS stated that this content was NOT to be finished until probably the next DLC drop. The HARDCORE ELITISTS may finish this content and get 101 drops (or the 102 mask) but this was not needed for next DLC. So in hindsight what does it really matter if the next DLC will have better then 101 in the vendor. The DEVS are doing exactly what was intended with the drops. They wanted to make sure of 2 things. 1: people would most likely NOT have a full set of 101 before next DLC. 2: they are hoping the HARDCORE GEAR FOLLOWERS will spend money on replays chasing down a gear that will be obsolete when next DLC drops. So IMO I think they hit it on the mark perfectly but I will chase the gear in a slow and money saving manner and run my raids after the resets unless I choose to replay for the fact of running with league mates who may be still chasing 98 to 100 gear and maybe get lucky.
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

Sadly I agree with the OP. Elite which was suppose to drop the best gear, I go in there and beat the first 2 bosses, and get 98 gear, I am like are you serious.

AF2 is a slap in the face to all legendary members. I mean you pay to play the game and you dont have a fair chance at getting the highest gear in the game? What other MMO does that? Not FFXIV, not Warframe, not ESO, so why sit here and play a game based off luck.

I had proposed a new way of getting gear but it would require alot to implement. I guess I should bring that thread back. I still dont have a full set of 100 gear, not even halfway, and have replayed a couple of times.

If a player knows he cant get the gear and should wait for the next DLC, why should the player continue to pay? I know many people who dropped their sub and said they would try again in May.

As for me, I have invested my time into the rare style vendor. That is my grind. I could care less about gear atm.
    • Like x 1