NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by golddragon71, Jan 7, 2021.

1. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Sorry!

I knew it was coming eventually....

Maybe it was even inevitable!

But I hoped it wasn't! I hoped this would be forever the one place Where Barry Allen's Flash would always retain his original Carmine Infantino designed Uniform and be spared the Indignity of having his uniform unnecessarily changed!

[IMG]ErKCytUWMAIhi72 by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

on the upside, The Reverse Flash Emblem Is Long Overdue and it looks Great!
    [IMG]ErKG_aAXcAAGj3h by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

So, thank you for that!
    • Like x 2
  2. PolarisSylar Committed Player

3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Looks fantastic. Don't see any issues.
    • Like x 5
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

it does look good.

that said it was important to me during the games early years we got to stand alongside the classic versions of dc's characters. no matter what goes on in the comics, no matter how many revamps, costume changes, power changes and replacements eventually we always go back to the most classic version of that character. i wish this was reflected in game by maintaining everyones look while giving us the updated styles we can play with.

classic>trend.

classic are timeless, trends come and go.
    • Like x 4
  5. Heywiar Committed Player

I honestly much prefer these more modern New 52/ Rebirth designs. I really couldn't get behind the "put everyone in the same tights" trend that comics did in the early days. (Plus these new designs make cosplay more fun!)
    • Like x 1
  6. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]DCUO Flash Redesign by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

Part of my reasoning is the fact that I never liked the New52 and it's redesigns in the first place. (On any character!)
    As I said in the OP, I liked that this was the one place where Barry kept his classic uniform intact!

Now let me be clear, Adding the New52/Rebirth style as something players could get was fine! I'm all for more choices when it comes to adding styles for the sake of customization. and I don't mind the in-game models getting a tweak in the graphics department either. But I wasn't thrilled with changing Costumes just to match the current DC Status Quo. (Superman, Shazam, Wonder Woman, and Now Flash!) I liked this game being a best of both worlds where DC Fans could see their heroes in the classic uniforms while all players could either match or tweak their characters to be.
    • Like x 4
  7. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Guess we still have Legends (with pretty Wonder Woman, sexy Circe & all the rest of the classic looks).
    • Like x 2
  8. Brit Loyal Player

I hear you. I feel bummed every time I see this modernized Nightwing. I'm a New Teen Titans guy, so it's huge disco collar all the way.
  9. Twilight-Man Well-Known Player

My opinion as well.
  10. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

The biggest offense is that DB is still pulling styles from the New 52.... Eesh.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

These NPC refreshes are mainly inspired by their Rebirth appearances, not New 52 which ended in 2016. The NPC skins needed a graphic overhaul, this is the direction the dev team and DC Comics wanted the direction to move in. Now that Rebirth is over I suspect we'll be seeing Infinite Frontier inspired looks in the future.
    • Like x 1
  12. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Well, the new look is also very similar to the tv costume, gotta have that cross-promotion you know.
  13. Liko Well-Known Player

Didn't DC just reboot again?
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yep Infinite Frontier starts this March I believe.
  15. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Lol, I'll forgive them so long as they give us the New 52 Supergirl style