Noob questions about water.

Discussion in 'Powers, Weapons, and Movement' started by Elicoor, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Elicoor New Player

Hi I am just getting to the end of the story with my water dps character and I have few questions.
    First what artifacts should I be using for aoe dps water, and when should I focus on leveling them up after a certain cr or now? Especially with the whole catalyst cache thing.
    Second what would be a good loadout/rotation? Any help would be much appreciated!
  2. SalviMex Active Player

Well i run solar amp,soul cloak and tetrahedron or grimorium

Also theres sadly no single target loadout and the ones that are single target like torrent are garbage
  3. NotObsidianChill Committed Player

Perhaps this will answer all the questions you have

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...aler-guide-series-videos.299222/#post-4185346
  4. Incipidous Level 30

I'm a little late to this thread. But I can offer this at least.

I recommend this loadout.

(1) shark, (2) high tide, (3) rip tide, (4) bubble, (5) supercharge, (6) tsunami strikes

Here's the rotation.

1,2,3 clipped together
    6 and combo strikes
    1,2 clipped together
    6 and combo strikes
    1,4 clipped together
    6 and combo strikes
    1,2 clipped together
    6 and combo strikes
    restart the rotation

For multiple targets, this was the best loadout I found. For single target, I suggest using flurry shot WM.
  5. AquamantheKing New Player

Hey Incipidous, why are you using High Tide and Bubble after you hit Shark Frenzy? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose? You aren't getting the crit from High Tide + Shark Frenzy or the extra damage from Bubble. I'm not home so I can't test this loadout so I'm hoping you answer before I leave work, if not I'll test it myself.

I myself use:
    Drown clipped with High Tide
    Bubble clipped into Aqualance(or vice versa, I forget which clips into the other)
    2x Tsunami Strike combos to reset High Tide
    And which ever Whirlpool or the flight 25% supercharge.
    Repeat until you get your supercharge back. Pop the supercharge whenever you get it if you're using the flight supercharge, if Whirlpool just pop it when you see fit. But if you have a Max bar just pop it because you could be regaining more supercharge by then instead of filling an already full bar.

My artifacts are Grimorium, Solar Amplifier, Eye of Gemini.
  6. Incipidous Level 30

6**
    1,2 (crit)
    6**
    1,4 (crit)
    6**
    6**
    1 (crit)
    6**

6**
    I use shark(1) in place where you use bubble because you can stay in high tide(2) for six seconds without doing anything. Shark has a three second cool down, so it’s easy to make that six second window for a crit shark. Just one tsunami strikes and its combos(6**) take three seconds, so I do that while shark is on cool down. When shark comes off cool down, I’m still in high tide, plus another high tide is ready due to rip tide(3).

1,2 (crit)
    6**
    1,4 (crit)
    6**
    At this point, you have options because shark, high tide and bubble are all ready. I prefer to clip shark with something as often as I can to avoid its lobbing animation. So at this point, I clip shark with high tide, then tsunami strikes and its combos, then shark with bubble(4), tsunami strikes and its combos.

6**
    At this point, shark and high tide are both ready because the last time I did tsunami strikes and its combos, it refreshed high tide.

1 (crit)
    6**
    At this point, there’s nothing left to clip shark with, but I’m still in high tide. So I hit shark for a crit and follow that up with tsunami strikes and its combos. Now I’m at the beginning of the rotation.