Non meta artifact set ups

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by lieutenant, May 29, 2021.

1. Rejchadar Inquisitor

For solo battle tanking Op is tac-svamp between Philosopher Stone and Death King Scepter ....Jussayin ...;)
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Right cause what i'm saying about artifacts is wrong or mis-informed :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: You clearly don't understand, which is perfectly fine. There is a difference between cannot and should the OP does not know the difference between the two, evidenced throughout this replies. Running in whatever circle or content is irrelevant and just shows your bias and stigma towards those groups. Players understanding the difference between cannot and should will do perfectly fine and don't warrant any sort of conversation.
  3. The Wonderer New Player

So, let me get this straight. If I am playing the game and succeeding in regular and elite content using non-meta arts, I am doing it wrong....lol. I guess that is the reason it's good to be in leagues with like minded players. Why doesn't everyone put on the same style and switch to super speed to take advantage of broken mechanics. OP, if it works for you, use it. Just because you have people who can't see past their own nose doesn't mean you need to bend to their whims. Your toon is exactly that, your toon. All you elitist need to get a life and let them be bad if they want, that's why you play with the people you play with....smh. It's ridiculous that grown men and women have such control issues lol.
    • Like x 5
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And there you go once again trying to twist what people say just to prove yourself.

When did I say anything you said here is wrong or misinformed? I said many times that the guy is asking about none meta builds. The literal title of the thread is none meta artifact set up. No one is asking what is better. No one is asking what is meta. That was you trying to throw in what you want everyone else to use because you said that is best. And anyone who doesn’t do that is wrong. Get over yourself for just a few minutes and understand that he isn’t asking about what everyone thinks he should use. All he wants to know is if he can run certain artifacts and still be viable. And yes he can. Him running BoP is not going to affect you no matter how much you think it does. The only way it will affect you is if you take it personal that someone actually wants to use something you didn’t recommend. And if that’s the case than that’s something for you to deal with not something for him to worry about.
    • Like x 3
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Op I’m going to say one thing that I do what you to take seriously. Personal playstyle > meta. If some people refuse to run with you because you don’t have the meta artifacts just block them and move on. When the meta switches (and yes it always switches) they will be stuck spending money to swap artifacts while you will be using artifacts you genuinely like.
    • Like x 2
  6. Isif Committed Player

WTH man, I love BoP. Didn't even know that folks were biased against it. I definitely use BoP on two of my troll loadouts. Its in the way way that you use it...:D
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I love it too lol. But your heard him. We are hurting the team by using them. So I guess we gotta replace them even thou it doesn’t affect him. Oh well
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Look the back an fourth is getting all of you nowhere.
    Heres the bottom line as i see it an read through……

Anyone can run any artifacts they want. They can also do this in any content they want.
    Should they? Not if they wanna be doing their job the best they can to help their team the best they can.

That said, each individual decides for themselves and they will reap the benefits of that decision.
    If the group kicks them or ridicules them etc then so be it, dont run trash artifacts. No one made you do it.
    If the group gives it a chance then cool.
    Can you complete elite content with non-meta setups was the original question. The answer is this:
    If your running trash artifacts that dont benefit the team in the best way then your not helping the team even if you complete it. Your holding back your own potential and holding back the teams potential (a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, dont actively look for a way to be the weakest link).

Do you, just understand the impact it has on the players around you.
    Y’all are missing a huge thing here. OP is asking about a artifact that is clearly inferior to others. Its not a question of is there a situation where its BiS (theres really not at endgame im betting). I disagree with chill on a great many things, but in this case i agree. Hes tryin to guide the OP toward artifacts that are clearly superior.
    The analogy here for a dps is like suggesting using dead kings vs Grimm. Sure u can do ok w/dead kings. Sure its your too and your money an u can do what u want. But hopefully people would come explain how stupid it would be in most cases.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

While I agree with everything you said there is one point I want to make. Yes if a person chooses to run something that doesn’t benefit them than yes they should not complain if someone doesn’t want to run with them.

However there’s very little a troll can do to actually hold back the team without trying to hurt the team there’s a fine line that people are not seeing. At the very basics all I need from a troll is power. That’s as a dps healer or tank. If I run out of power than I can’t do my job which means the troll is hurting the team. The other point is debuffs. Attack and defense debuffs should be up. If a boss heals than the healing debuff must be up. If they are not than the troll is hurting the team. That’s the line. Anything else is extra.

I didn’t pay a troll to buff me. So if a troll doesn’t have claws than oh well. They are not hurting me. I tell people that metas change whenever the devs feel like it. So what if tomorrow they decide to hit everyone with more power cost? Well trolls will have to go back to being batteries and trolls will be forced to switch artifacts because of meta changes. I don’t walk around with a buff troller following me at all times so not having one in a raid is not hurting me. Would I like a buff troll? Absolutely. I personally enjoy buff trolling because it’s closest to dpsing and not just standing spamming the power dump. So for me I like it. Does it mean that trolls should be required to do it?
  10. Saint Nephew New Player

Im running GoH, VWD, and Grim. an uncommon combo, to say the least.