NO SOURCE MARKS FOR END-GAME CONENT??!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Con, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Yeah. It was an elite raid on day 3 of release iirc. I was hard carried because I was barely at CR relevance and behind on SP back then a little. I know my role, I was always an atomic tank. I learned the mechanics because the guys in my league taught me....but man. It was legitimately hard. I loved it.

It wasn't endgame content that made me leave.
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh, that explains that. Well then, actually nothing has changed. If you went into a Flashpoint elite raid in that same context, you would probably have a similar experience.
  3. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

And the other issue is that as soon as it became easy to me I'd start looking for other things to do. Hop on an alt and try to scale him up. But unless I brought the league OP guys with me...it was pointless. Even with them they were just carrying me. I wasn't enjoying it. There are still episodes I've never run because of it.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I get that. I never ran super low content either. Because yeah, it’s boring to outright faceroll. Actually, tell a lie. There’s nothing boring about the creeping dread that you’re ruining it for everyone, or that you might kill something so fast you cause a bug that locks the entire instance up.

I’m not asking to go back to that. At least, not day-to-day. But there’s some instances I need a fair bit more than +10cr to beat.

I’m on board, really. I just need to know I have a contingency for that minority of instances.
    • Like x 2
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Something as simple as solos are 5 to 10cr+, alerts are 10 to 15+, and raids 15 to 20+ maybe? Seem so simple. Anyone that says they didn't run raids 20cr above is lying.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t know the numbers to be honest. A bunch of tier 1-2 alerts were in my journal so I tried them for curiosity’s sake, and honestly? It was good. But then I think about Darkseid’s War Factory.

Parademons and AOEs everywhere, that unavoidable stomp attack that one boss in every single fight had that cut everyone’s health in half simultaneously, and that’s before the bosses themselves.

Lashina obliterating you if you so much as gently prodded her reflection, Stompa literally jumping on you without warning, Mantis and Steppenwolf adding even more AOEs because apparently there weren’t enough already. it goes on and on and on. And I don’t think I could cope with that in the condition I was in on Oolong Island.
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Last week, I sent a tell to a person putting a group together for old bounties. Joined them in New Genesis, we did lots of bounties, mostly the ones for 8 source marks, and a few that rewards 2 marks. A person in the group claimed at the end we got 120 source marks. I didn't know what I had at the beginning to give a count.

Try it out.
    Head to every DLC and activate the bounty missions, check your journal, it's a lot of source marks for a weekly bounty run with a group. The titan bounties and Central City missions that reward one source mark, I can do solo. I'm not going to do the KO 400 or 200 or too many things weekly missions, no matter how many marks they offer as a reward. Deluge CC that weekly mission to do the 4 canisters, is much tougher now. I used to solo it easily.

In the coming weeks, a balance pass for all content is said to be an intention of theirs. Tweek stuff across the old tiers.
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

But that’s why you have 7 teammates in there :)

And as well, I’d say most of the game feels ok, with only a few outliers in your opinion?
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, seven teammates who are also struggling. If anything, having to rally people constantly puts even more on my plate.

I’m going to be honest, here. I’ve not tested a whole lot out. A few solos, duos and alerts. I did Atlantis The Throne normal with my league, but we would have steamrolled that when it was current, so I didn’t glean any useful information from that. But you’re correct, that is my impression going on what I’ve tried thus far.

Actually on second thought, I was fighting Brine Hulk in Atlantis today. That screech attack hit me for 22k unblocked, and I’m pretty sure that would have been closer to 50k at the time.

While open world bounties are supposed to have been reduced to 4 player enemies, Brine Hulk had a raid enemy’s health bar today. So possibly the recent hotfix was reverted, and it’s still comparable. It did seem to die a lot more slowly than the Trench Mother so I don’t think it was just a visual error.
    • Like x 1
  10. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

Nail ------> Head --------> Critical Hit
    • Like x 2
  11. Sgt. Rock Active Player

I guess you have no idea how self righteous you come across with statements that you make assuming why or how others choose to spend their limited playing time playing this game.

Do you think you have some authority to dictate how others should play this game? Everyone has opinions & knows what they enjoy, it’s different for different people. No one can dictate that to anyone else.
    • Like x 2
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Seems like myself, the majority of my league and friends are doing the same. Logging in collecting rewards, running solo, then logging out. We had some fun on the first weekend, but running past content got old real fast
    • Like x 2
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Respectfully, your comparison FF14 to what this game is doing is dog water
    • Like x 1
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

LOL....last night's dinner for lunch. Beautiful
    • Like x 1
  15. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Yeah...that isn’t going to keep this game alive for long.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Urgh, it’s pretty basic, everyone has an opinion & they are all valid.

I agree LFG is a solution.
    • Like x 1
  17. MrWood Well-Known Player

Because one is loot locked and one isn't? This is a terrible counter.
    • Like x 1
  18. MrWood Well-Known Player

The hilarity of you making this comment lol. Did you copy and paste if off a website?
    • Like x 1
  19. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Again it’s pretty basic, everyone has an opinion & yours is no more valid than mine or anyone else’s.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Because in 3 DLC's those episode marks turn in to source marks, you're actually still farming source marks.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1