NO SOURCE MARKS FOR END-GAME CONENT??!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Con, Sep 2, 2021.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

you can also just farm fos 3 if you need quick source marks
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Sounds like he’s going to be a real asset to the novice players.
    • Like x 3
  3. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Use LFG & form your own group, problem solved for you without creating a problem for everyone else.

If the old content is as fun for new players you should have no problem forming your own group
    • Like x 1
  4. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Why would you assume anyone who has already ground the old dlcs to a pulp would find what you are suggesting worth their time??
    • Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Demonicus is good people. And nothing they've said is wrong. And yes we totally could but we didn't need to grind source prior. We just got it for playing the game the way we wanted to. Now, they added a new way to get it. Fantastic! Thank you devs, we really do appreciate it. We do not however appreciate that you took it away from end game. That's it. They took membership benefits away from us for over a year I think? I stayed with them, many did. They took more things away, we stuck with them and gave them a chance to give us back something. And they did. Thank you yet again, I personally love the log in rewards and almost every single addition. I was ready to spend on allies. I know they aren't "incredible" but I do think they're cool amd I wanted to give them money in exchange for their work. But that will not happen till my source is back. End of conversation. If any other player (even the bullies that pay players to like their comments or carry them thru raids) would like to argue, just bang your head into a wall as they say cuz I'm not changing my mind and you aren't going to change that.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well then I must finally be losing my marbles, because I thought you said he was secretly lazy. Oh, and something about him having imaginary friends?
    • Like x 2
  7. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i actually find running old content more enjoyable than doing the same 3 dlc's over and over ,at least it changes stuff up a bit, i run lots of different solo stuff myself for SM, i just offered a couple of options for those who don't want to run old stuff
    • Like x 1
  8. Sgt. Rock Active Player

No you are missing the point here, why do you assume to know why anyone plays this or any game? What is fun for others? what anyone else is willing to invest their own time & $$ in?

You see all points of view are valid.

For me this update exposed the new or returning players unwillingness to use LFG to form their own groups & their need to be carried by long time players who know the mechanics of every dlc bc we have already ground them to a pulp & conquered them..
  9. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Playing the games as it was designed for the past decade & now getting stripped of the ability to progress, unless you run old dlcs for Source Marks is a game design / dev problem to fix & this ain’t the way to do it. Better tutorials would help new & returning players ENORMOUSLY.

Promote & reward using LFG for example.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh, cool...they removed the clamps from OW? Nice....

Content does not mean raids...it's anything in game, and yes....OW is still clamped content. But yes, OW clamped bounties are more of a viable option, assuming you can get 4 or 5 together to do them.
    • Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Just wanted to point out one more thing about this. Again, I know you're good people and I think you're as nervous about this as most of us are that the ramifications of this update could have stats revamp repercussions. Hell, I left for that and came back years later and here we have history repeating itself.

But yeah, we could. We could fall in line and be good little players that allow ourselves to be forced into things we don't want to do. We already did with .4 generator mods or 500 bounty rotations. Or 5k paradoxes. But falling in line continues to support breaking the game. Let's say I log in, run my dailies and decide I need source. Once a day, run fos3. Does that help anything except blind que fos popping more often? That literally pounds the final nail. Anyone partaking in it is giving the hammer holder nails.
    • Like x 1
  12. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

I don't think they are intentionally chasing off old timers. Which is why mepps actively is looking for feedback to strike a balance with the clamping. The problem is, most of the end gamers aren't like what you are saying you are/were. If I got on mic and asked them to slow the pace so I can at least keep up with them...they just laughed, some cursed at me etc. The anger I see against the clamp is reminding me of those players. Not that I necessarily see that with you, but I left the game because of it, and I had an endgame character at that point. I was endgame to...chaos gotham I believe when I left? I get tired of running the same endgame content if I don't sprinkle in some older stuff so I liked to go on alts that were lower leveled. It got to the point that I only ran solos and that severely limits my ability to have a variety of stuff to run.

I'm not even new. I'm an atomic tank. I'm relatively decent at that skillset. I know most of the mechanics from the raids up until chaos gotham. I absolutely loved atlantis. I left with some of the guys in the league complaining about some of the same things that I complained about... I come back and that league has nobody that have signed on in the past year to 18 months. A large, accomplished league is now completely abandoned that used to be active in the forums. If I want to do other powers, I think my skillset would just need a couple of pointers to do other things, but I'm never DPS. I run solos as a battle tank. This is because I lack the stick skills to dodge effectively. I may never be a great DPS, but with an effective tank I can heal ok with water. I've never tried controller etc.

But to me, what this was when I left...what it was until this update. This wasn't even a game to me. It was a chore. The only thing I enjoyed was buying/selling stuff and making profit which you couldn't do without a sub in the game until this update.

My issue isn't so much the fervor for which people attack stat clamping, its the seeming lack of caring that there was a problem at all. A problem that for 7+ years has led person after person to leave this game never to come back, or to come back and leave a week later. Its like nascar fans just hating on the chase and all the changes after that. It led to a lot of people stopping watching the sport, but now they are turning a corner and attracting a younger fanbase that is infinitely more helpful for the future of the sport. They needed to do what nascar did, but faster. And they will have to start advertising much more for it to work or they are just going to piss off everyone then nobody will be here at all. Its a fine line I think they have to walk, but one that is necessary for the long term of the game itself.
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Dont get into it with him. If I wanted to waste my time I would do it myself. He goes around on here and the game trying to bait players into saying or doing something to get them banned. Just do what I just did and hit ignore. Many others have, it's the only way to enjoy trade chat a bit.

He'll never say anything useful so no point in reading it anyway, you aren't missing anything hitting ignore
    • Like x 2
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh yeah, I know a few people like that.
    • Like x 3
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Haha, a fellow racer fan! I'm more of a road race fan since that's the type of racing I did for over a decade till I broke my neck. Have met a few of their drivers tho because my old sponsors are now out in nascar village and all into circle track life. So I love the analogy. Also funny that you left when I came back. And mannnnnn was I bullied. I was really good when I left but I only healed. Solos took me an hour lol but it's how I could do it and I did every day. But yeah, cane back and everything was new. I dove in head first (you'd think after breaking your neck you'd be more careful lol) and was instantly hated by all. Sort of like now on here apparently. But I was and always will be tenacious as my posts lately have probably made everyone realize. I stick things out. I joined some leagues, I healed and I watched quietly. Then I left when I realized they weren't going to help. I did get better from it tho.

Then I met a great guy and he brought me into his league. And I met a bunch of great players that taught me everything I needed to know. That league is still my home and I do what I can to help the new players we bring in if they're willing to learn. Not all are. A lot just wanted op carry runs. While I can't blame them, they weren't here to learn. Our league has dwindled a ton since 2 years ago. Players leave, most left for Legion. We all know why. The imaginary ones are doing great tho and they've gotten their artifacts up to 160 range so super helpful now.

The player base can be toxic. Just like any game. Just like any person in real life. We want to group everyone into that but we can't or we miss out on life. You just need to find that group of friends. Hell, I'd absolutely send you a league invite if you're USPS/PC and wouldn't care what your skill level is as long as you know we are there to help and that we also have things to do. We have had issues where we're grouping up to do a new elite and the new additions get mad that we won't bring them in. We know they aren't ready and they need to trust us about that fact. We would however bring them into older elites and be the tank troll and healer so that they would still have to produce results. We exist, don't give up hope. We didn't need this to happen for us to exist and now we do not have the ability to bring newbies in and show them the ropes in old elites or the time because we have to run dailies AND old content the slow way to stay at the level we are
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

What makes you think that’s relevant? I don’t play that game. That’s like asking someone who doesn’t ski why they don’t like ski-ing. Since when did any initiative being acceptable to players of another game become a universal yardstick for DCUO? What part of ‘I hammered that content to death already five years ago and don’t want to do it again’ is difficult or unreasonable to you?
    • Like x 5
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Wow. They weren’t wrong.
    • Like x 1
  18. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Every fandom, community, or game that has more than a dozen players in it is toxic. But thats why I'm for stat clamping. The average person out there isn't going to do what is actually necessary to help the new guys experience the game. Honestly, what has always been necessary previous to now is to actually take off your gear and unassign SP. Even if you are a tank/healer. If you are 100+ CR behind someone else... you're being carried. You aren't going to lose the instance. There's no motivating factor there.

On the other hand I will admit something. I have never run elite content outside of the chaos gotham Fate Raid with the books. We survived, but it took forever to accomplish. There are potentially thousands of new players who won't find your type of people in time to keep them from leaving and we can't rely on that to save the games future.

I do appreciate it, and since my league is completely abandoned, EMP Pyrostorm Ps4 is my main toon.
    • Like x 1
  19. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

This is the most popular MMO right now. The one attracting the most new players. One would think a developer would take notice of what they are doing and try to integrate some decisions to try to emulate the things that worked for them while promoting what they have that is different. Thats why its relevant. It goes to the motivation and example of how it can actually work.

The difference, here, is that this is a much older game thats already run the majority of people who played it out of the game. So they are trying to gain the old guys back on top of attracting new people. I've been on this forum reading/posting for years. This argument isn't new. Its just the side that is angry has changed. In the past, people like myself left the game in frustration feeling it was a bad investment when so much of the game we wanted to enjoy was ruined, just like you feel it is now.

Its difficult to find common ground, because making things optional or restoring source marks to end game content both counteract the actual point of the change, at least for now. At least until the new/returning userbase is up and running. In the future maybe there could be some options, but to me this is kinda an all or nothing decision. Its up to them, but I see dead ques without the necessary incentives to run the old content the established player base plainly, clearly doesn't want to run without the incentives. Maybe the incentives aren't enough. Maybe it needs to be increased. Adjustments surely need to be made to clamping. There are tons of things that they could do as a compromise, but the arguments I'm seeing are "make it optional or I leave". Which isn't an actual compromise at all.
    • Like x 1
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Making something optional seems like almost the definition of a compromise.
    • Like x 2