NO SOURCE MARKS FOR END-GAME CONENT??!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Con, Sep 2, 2021.

1. The Con Dedicated Player

Why else do you think that I was still doing those Legion map bounties??

How much can they screw up this game in one update??

:(

Edit: Oops... Mispelled "content" in the headline.

Edit edit: Oops... misspelled "misspelled" in last edot.

Edit edit edit: Ooos... Misspelled "edit"
    :D
    • Like x 4
  2. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

If you can get all content just by running endgame content, why would you run old content?
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, that's the 1 thing a lot of us hate about this update. We could get past most stuff but this change is terrible and really makes me personally not want to be involved. Subs already been canceled so now it's just making me log in to get free coin and run solo and log off. I would strongly suggest you use this link to give feedback. I would think being as respectful as possible while being as honest as possible is best.

https://bit.ly/3zwX3fU
    • Like x 3
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

Feats... Styles... help others.

Not saying that they shouldn't be offering marks for older content.... You can do both,

One doesn't negate the need for the other.
    • Like x 2
  5. Stardazer Committed Player

Yeah, they did that to incentivize running older content. All content outside your relevancy (so basically latest three DLCs) drops source marks and there's no loot boxes. There's a lot of mixed opinions about this, we'll just have to see what DCUO decides to do.
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Why do we have to be forced to do something we never did before? They do not have to take things away from us to give us something we didn't ask for. It's like me leasing a porsche and I bring it in for its yearly maintenance and they pass me keys back to a Volkswagen and try to make me feel bad that I liked the porsche.
    • Like x 4
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

I still can’t believe what’s going on. The new DLC is log in and do Science Spire and Phantom Zone every day. This is very old content I have already exhausted myself grinding in the past, when it was new. I log in and have no motivation to play.
    • Like x 7
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

If that were true "Not endgame content" wouldnt have queue times in excess of an hour, prior to the clamp
    • Like x 1
  9. Sgt. Rock Active Player

You are Not Alone
    • Like x 3
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then take a few months off. DCUO need diversity. Not every update needs to be Gear Grind>Gear Grind>Gear Grind>Gear Grind>Gear Grind.

What makes FF14 so successful is content diversity, DCUO needs that.
    • Like x 1
  11. The Con Dedicated Player

Once again..... again....

Old content wasn't qued because THERE WAS NO REWARD FOR DOING IT. They need(ed) to give marks for older content.

THAT DOESN'T NEGATE THE NEED TO REWARD MARKS FOR ENDGAME CONTENT.
    • Like x 7
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This is pretty much the norm for a lot of people now. I'm starving for episode 42.
    • Like x 5
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

A lot of us are about to take at least a few months off. Very beneficial to the games overall success lol. We'll all check in when the new dlc drops and stay if full amounts of source are back in the rewards
    • Like x 4
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

That’s fair. This was messaged ahead of time about how this was not going to be a “typical episode.” How do you think you’ll feel when November comes around it’s back to a regular update? Is it the clamped content itself in early end game or is it a lack of “new” content?
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

Why don’t you take a few months off disagreeing with everyone who doesn’t share your view?

I’ve never taken a break from this game in six and a half years. The problem isn’t me, it’s the DLC. I don’t need a break, the DLC needs to offer me something fun to do. If I wanted to run old content every day, I would have been doing so already. In what dimension of rational thought does making something old mandatory equate it to being fun?

Everything in DCUO is a grind on one level or another, so I don’t accept the premise that this is variety. It’s not. It’s last night’s dinner for lunch every day. I enjoyed it when it was fresh, but this was stale on day one. They can’t get away with serving up old content like this, it will kill the game.
    • Like x 5
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

It’s having nothing new to do. I am a dedicated player, I ran Phantom Zone hundreds of times when it was new. But it isn’t new any more and I don’t want to run it hundreds of times more.
    • Like x 3
  17. Sgt. Rock Active Player

No Source Marks for end game content = sub canceled

Long time players know the mechanics of the old content because we endlessly grinded & conquered it all years ago, No Desire what so ever to replay content now that is old & boring,
    • Like x 2
  18. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Forced? Incentivized. As for why? To make the game conducive to attracting and retaining new users and having old users come back.
    • Like x 2
  19. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

As you know, I have been advocating some balance tweaks across the board, and I am sure we will see some.

I see a few possible solutions:

1) source marks for the open world dailies alone
    2) Source marks for on duty once a week even if replayed
    3) a choice to take current currency or source marks (this would benefit players who have already bought everything they need/want with episode currency)
    4) Source marks as a random gear choice as we see in the FOS content

(some of this may already be happening. I haven't paid much attention to source marks yet because I am literally buried in them :p)
    • Like x 1
  20. The Con Dedicated Player

Not by doing this.....

:(
    • Like x 1