No Sorcery or Nature revamp blame celestial

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Davis, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Davis New Player

Yes i know the devs keep saying celestial is nothing like sorcery but a part of me keeps thinking part of the reason for the delay of the revamps is because they tried and made celestial as different as possible and perhaps took many ideas that were going to be implemented in a sorcery revamp and shifted them over to celestial.

So the one really being screwed here is nature also while all other powers have been upgrading both sorc and nature have been left out in the cold, think how many nat or sorcery dps's are there, they are very good powers but they just cant keep up with all the new powers being upgraded or fixed.

I really hope celestial is all that because its a shame that the other healer powers are getting ignored.
    • Like x 1
  2. Kevington New Player

qq
    • Like x 4
  3. Flea New Player

I agree that the revamp to the healing powers have been delayed due to this new healing power. I also believe that is why this is the next DLC instead of the League one which is what was thought to be DLC8.

Unlike controllers the healing powers are quite different in how they work. So they had to insure Celestial would not be a clone of any of the others. I'm sure they also did not want to revamp the current ones with something that worked with Celestial better or made it harder to develop.

That being said I am sure they are aware of the current state of awful Nature and Sorcery are in due to the countless threads relating to that. And with the release of this dlc that the revamp will be the next priority with the next dlc being the league HomeTurf clone.
    • Like x 3
  4. Tikkun Loyal Player

I'd rather have a well thought out power than a couple of half-done revamps. On the healing side both nature and sorc can solo any content, so I don't see a dire problem. Sure, they want to make money off of people switching to a new power and then they'll do the revamps to try and bring back all the nature and sorc fanboys and girls. I wouldn't expect to see it until after the next tanking set though. In my opinion, I'll take new content and fixes for things that actually impact gameplay over revamps any day.
  5. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Despite what Joker says in the batman movie.

It's always about the money :D
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I dont blame celestial per se, but I do blame Final Fantasy/PS4

As much as I hate to say it, the devs are working on so much **** right now in an attempt to keep relevant now that FF is coming out AND they have to put out a working product on the PS4 now...They are going to try to pack in as much content as they can before PS4 launch so that people who may try it/people who may come back, will have a ton to do and stick around

Thats at least how I am rationalizing the lack of a revamp for Sorc/Nature anyway
  7. Statman New Player

It makes much more sense than blindly accusing a new power solely putting off the revamp.

The devs have been working on much more than just the Celestial power, why does it happen to cop the blame? Because it's another healer powerset? smh... ignorance. :rolleyes:
  8. Corrupted Ertai New Player

That's exactly what it is. It will be a new version of the red/gold aura system from sorcery. Only it will be functional and actually useful.
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

ice and fires update came out only a few months before quantum was dropped... im pretty sure the devs were working on all three at the same time at some point... so i wouldnt blame celestial ... devs are either stumped at how to fix those power sets or its just not on their priorities list
  10. Flea New Player

Obviously you have more information on the inner workings of Celestial then me or most and if in fact it is a clone of Sorcery then my opinion will change dramaticlly. Please post or link any info you can on the power descriptions relating to both trees. Or I will just have to wait til it hits test to hear the similarities to Sorcery.
    • Like x 1
  11. thenewkidd New Player

It's EASY.
    Step one..
    Give Sorcery's Pets TOUGHNESS like players and then re-buff them to what they were BEFORE the botch.

Step two...
    Give us back our Trasmutation...
    Fix the Clown Box so there cannot be a interaction between powersets and "explode" damage stuff or take out the "fake damage" when damaging things.

Step three...
    Change polymorph's description... it still says it changes things and people into animals... IT DOESN'T... and things that are "polymorphed" receive the same damage as things that are not. (who thinks "rooting" someone is worth 100% of their Supercharge? yeah.. I didn't think so).

Step four... Let WOD clip powers... no really... one should be able to cast something then cast WOD straight away.

Step five... Give Soul Storm it's 60% buff back... seriously.

The list could be longer, but this is a good start.
    • Like x 1
  12. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

It's all about money or it would seem that that is the general pattern. So, with that said, I'd expect this:

Celestial comes out and all fed up Sorc/Nature Healers buy tokens to switch.
    Nature/Sorc revamp follows and some of the same fed up but loyal Sorc and Nature Healers buy tokens to go back.
  13. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

te="Davis, post: 1928940, member: 202"]Yes i know the devs keep saying celestial is nothing like sorcery but a part of me keeps thinking part of the reason for the delay of the revamps is because they tried and made celestial as different as possible and perhaps took many ideas that were going to be implemented in a sorcery revamp and shifted them over to celestial.

So the one really being screwed here is nature also while all other powers have been upgrading both sorc and nature have been left out in the cold, think how many nat or sorcery dps's are there, they are very good powers but they just cant keep up with all the new powers being upgraded or fixed.

I really hope celestial is all that because its a shame that the other healer powers are getting ignored.[/quote]

Don't forget electricity
  14. AIpha New Player

You know who is really at fault? The nature and sorcery players that think their power is so broken. Try being earth for a day then tell me how messed up your powers are.
  15. TDSK Committed Player

Let's not forget broken PI
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Create this thread in September since 6 months haven't passed. That is the approximate time between power "revamps". What makes sorcery and nature players think it would come sooner than that? The devs have already claimed they are the least broken(looooool) so a revamp is probably at the bottom of the totem pole. The devs have likely been working on all three new powers since before any of the revamps. I bet the revamps were done because of the new power brainstorm sessions.

Devs can you get these guys a revamp thread so they can put most of their frustrations there like us fire and ice guys?
  17. Wizz Tron New Player

So blame the power and not the people that makes the powers? o_O
    • Like x 1
  18. Deathmike Devoted Player

Baleful Transmogrification is a damage supercharge.
    It doesn't just root, it causes massive damage.
    The tooltip should be updated to reflect that.

Deathmike out.
  19. thenewkidd New Player

I usually love your posts and agree with most of them or at least see some logic in what you say...

but I am sorry, Balefull Trasmowhachamagigger... is a TERRIBLE supercharge.

I used to use it back when it DID transform people... but after that changed, I see 3 "ticks" of damage that come off that thing..
    anywhere between 500 to 1200 dmg (x3)... let;s say I get lucky and get 1200 dmg 3 times...
    That's 3600 damage for a 100% supercharge?.. IF that's is what you call "massive dmg"..
    Yeah.. no thanks.
    My Final Ruin can be cast more often and gets more damage off.
  20. Amazon Committed Player

I am sorcery. I love sorcery. My favourite power. Yes it's broken for dps and summoning tree needs massie overhaul.

Nothing to do with celestial.

Fail whale
    • Like x 1