No Roleplaying Community in DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Street Shinobi, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Ok one style.
  2. Vanlock New Player

umm wow Super Girly was right people REALY do think rp is dead here..

Look there IS a pretty decent size Role Playing community here. we Role play in custom chats.. for a vary FEW important reasons

1: custom chats are cross factions.. our OOC channel (rp) is like the game's say. the other channels I will not list here because of reason number 2

2: custom chats deal with the issue of trolls. there ARE a few trolls in the rp chat but they don't know or wont add the other IN Character channels.

3: they can be seen where eeeever you are. and if your chat box allow them all to be seen.. so if you find a story that your character can be apart of you can like communicate with the people involved. Chances are they will let you in. We role play, which might be oddish at times, but we are harmless and we are nice...

4: Other

I'm sure there are more reasons but I forgot. If you really want to Role play add the channel rp. that will be your first step.

have a great day :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

A lot of the styles are in the game, maybe not full set but parts.

A lot of what Kid Frostbite is wearing looks familiar.
    The gloves, belt and boots American Patriot are call Patriotic (shocker) in game.
    Defcon has a few things.
    You should recognize some of Blood Talon's style.
    I believe parts of Star Siren's stuff is the Ramora (think that's the right spelling) style, of course not what's on her torso.
    Talis is pretty much wearing the Shaman style.
    The others I didn't mention I really don't know for sure.
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

There is a rp community which I've been apart of about 2-3 years now. It's cross faction so we have both heroes and villains in it. We generally don't follow the in game stories, how many times Dr. Psycho capture Supergirl just for she ca be rescued? Most of the stories are incomplete and unfinished and it always repeat itself. We make up our own stories, our own events, it gives you chance to bring your character alive. It gies you the chance to be the next big hero or the next biggest villain everyone should fear!

Be honest, the community does vary during seasons due to real life. School, work, moving, etc. But it been here for a long time and still going. AS jack Ryder would say "You think rp is dead, YOU ARE WRONG!" Check out www.dcuorp.com for more information.
    • Like x 2
  5. Minnion Devoted Player

On the subject or Role play, here is another thing that still puzzles me to this day... Why can't we send cross faction tells?
    • Like x 1
  6. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I think it was to stop griefing, actually.... less smack talk. At least we can use channels with each other.
    • Like x 1
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

Again isn't that why we have an ignore function?
  8. Quinnesa New Player

As one of the people that have been apart of Supergirly's RP community, I will agree with her. Not because it's what she wants or what some people will agree with but because the opening post was true. The idea of an RP setting is very real in the game but hugely unopened. I think that the developers originally wished for Role Playing aspects to be available in the game, but because Sony Online Entertainment and other users, who simply hate the idea of anything that isn't beating up on each other like it's Call of Duty, has since pushed those of us who enjoy the idea of Role Play. Other games have had issues with this as well, so it's not so much a singular subject that has brought the issue. The point is, Role Playing is very much a available genre in MMORPG's in general. However, many people simply should approach games with less of the "I'm better because I do this" and more of the "Hey we all play the same game, lets be more respectful to one another."

I know it's a rant that will be no doubt scrutinized and flung to the "Internet Trolls" but hey I'm contributing to the post and that's all I see is important to me, so with that said. I'll leave you all to continue your rants and other ideas. Please, enjoy your way of having fun!
  9. c6relic New Player

The only RP element I show is having my character look the part. My Green Lantern for example looks like a Green Lantern, but with a more modernized touch to it, so she has some armor and not just this simple skin tight costume like the actual GL suits are.

I should be used to full blown role players since I came from Star Trek Online, but it's always just so embarrassing watching players pretend to be a Captain Picard, or Commander Riker or even just pretending to be their own STO character and such, couldn't stop laughing when trying to have what I thought was going to be a normal conversation cause they talk like they're reading a script. "Player looks up to him with a gazing look", "What are you doing on my ship?" "He then gets up from the Captains chair and walks towards him".
    ---
    Things like that.

I'm one of those players who just likes to look the part, but not act the part, at least in that sense.
    • Like x 1
  10. Nighting Veil New Player

Yep, dcuorp.com

I'm the leader of Teen Patrol there.

RP is quite alive and well. In a week or so, I should have a D&D-styled event, but free-roleplay up for my League going.
  11. Azrael New Player

ditto what you posted. I posted that link on my league website so ppl can become familiar. I think with my league and new PC RP role playing community I think we can bring role playing back to DCUO!
  12. John Brawler Committed Player

quick question, do any of these events occur on ps? cause when i first started i looked for any sign of a roleplay community and turned up nada.
    • Like x 1
  13. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I have heard that there is RP on PS, though no where near the level that PC has. But that all might change when we get Cross Server connections. But that Is a dream right now, and until I see more about it, I really don't know.
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I'm not familiar with ps side I'm pc. These events are on pc but if we merge with ps, things will change.
  15. Marius New Player

Looking for roleplay on Ps3
  16. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Not an RP thing necessarily, but in CoH you could tie say Macros to powers and have it randomly say things you created.

My Invulnerable Super Strength Tanker DJ Soundwave would pull an entire floor and then as I used powers things like this would be said in bubbles randomly 20% of the time. I had about 30 things.

"Hey buddy, hit me again. It's probably going to work this time."

"No, for the last time I am not signing any more autographs today?"

"Um....I'm invulnerable. I'm sure the hospital has a dictionary where you can look it up."

"This is the last time I post an add on a dating site."

"You realize that this is not your best idea ever right?"

"No means no guys."
    • Like x 3
  17. Dezaras Loyal Player

I was an admin on an RP site where I created a DC/Marvel RP. It wasn't based on DCUO, but I used my DCUO characters there.
    Sadly the board shut down but I'm in the process of making my own and continuing the stories.

In terms of in game RPing I'm down for that too. Can't do the Dezarrakks voice properly though, that requires some post production editing ;)
  18. Marius New Player

Feel free to send me a message on PSN. Delycan_black
  19. chea.robinson Well-Known Player

I would love a rpg league, i would also love a league that ran together. I would be willing to do a RPG league for PS3/4. Ive been roleplaying for years mostly DnD. Also im a comic nerd, mostly Marvel. But i would to be part of a RPG league my main character already has a secret identity and a back story. Chea robinson is my character name im on at night look me up.
  20. chea.robinson Well-Known Player

Exactly this is why i bought this game 5 years ago and why i pay for it every month, like i said i would love to role play.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.