No Reason To Sub Anymore

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Probably mostly because I like the people here. The game itself has grown stale.
  2. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Let me get this straight:
    So basically, there should be minimal income in this game, and absolutely no reason offered to spend money?
    Where to begin.
    First and foremost, while we would all love to get everything free, that's not gonna happen. At the end of the day, Daybreak is a business. They are here to make money. Period. They stay in business by making a profit. No profit, no business. When Daybreak stops making a profit on this game, they will shut it down. Period.
    Secondly, everyone wants all new characters, all new open world locations, all new this that and the other thing. There's plenty of wants. But guess what, all of that costs money, a considerable amount of money. They have to pay the artists, the designers, etc. They have to pay licensing fees. This isn't something that DC Comics just bankrolls. The same people who complain about this game being a "cash grab" and make every effort to spend as little as possible, are also demanding more, newer, better, etc. People may think time capsules are a "cash grab" but people love them, and they spend money on them. Money that gets put into things like new auras, new materials, etc. If you love this game, or like this game, and you want newer, better, etc. Support it. That's all there is to it.
    Criticizing a business for trying to make as much money as possible without giving away the farm either means you don't understand business, or you're cheap and want to complain. In the world of gaming, the whole business is micro transactions, memberships etc. Unless you're going to Best Buy to buy the game outright on a disc (or digital) That is the case.
    If you think that Daybreak will be able to stay afloat if they don't have any type of Membership, No Membership Perks, No limitations, is preposterous.
    • Like x 1
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I would say don't but i've given my OP many many times and it will only catch grief
  4. Brit Loyal Player

I have been struggling, and I do mean truly doing my best, to find value in the Legendary Membership beyond the unlimited cash cap. I want to be a subscriber, but when my son buys the new Episode for $10 and I know that I have to pay $15 per month just to rent it, it makes me feel sour. I have long advocated that purchase of the 3 month sub should also come with one free Episode unlock. Heck, they could even start with the oldest ones first. I just want to feel like I actually get to keep something for all the money I spend.

Though just last week, it finally came to me. Finally a way to make the subscription actually hold some value.

Those extra 15 character slots that I never use, because there's really not much of a reason to play an alt. I got them all up to level 30. Every day, I log each of them in for about 1 minute. They click on the Metal guy that gives them the free Mark. They run the Vault. Then they log out.

Before the end of the Episode, I will have 15 characters who each have 100+ Metal Coins. That means all those tradable style pieces, I can buy them for free with an alt, and then trade them to my main. No reason to grind nearly as much.

Every 7 weeks, I will have netted 100 Source Marks on every one of those characters. Since I don't care about playing them, they don't need their Source Marks for gear. They go and buy the 25 Quarks pack. Over the course of a year, that works out to be 2700 free Quarks just by doing the logins.

Not some huge amazing thing, but still it's quite a bit that I never realized was sitting right there waiting to be harvested.
    • Like x 1
  5. gemii Dedicated Player

For 15.99 their is simply not enough to do in the game for end game players. Beginners who plan on playing the game for the long run have alot to explore and it might be worth it for them.. Vets whove been playing this game for quite some time suffer.

IDEAS TO HELP THE GAME OUT

-OPTIONAL CONTENT LEVEL SCALING BASED ON CR OF THE GROUP

lets be honest how many players actually go back to play old content? very few. their is no reason to go back and play the content unless your helping a league mate or trying to luck into a rare collection that you probably wont get anyway.

why not give group leader the option to set the content level scaling based on the overall CR of the group? For example if everyone in my group is cr 280 and up and we decide to que into darkseids war factory give us the option to set the que for "Match CR level" so when we do go play things like this its actually a challenge because their near our CR level and give new rewards for beating it.

-PERMANENT SIDE KICK PARTNER

i like the dark robin idea for the metal content that comes out to help you fight. make that a real thing, give us the chance to choose a mini sidekick... mini dark robin, mini teen titan members. lets us rank them up and make them stronger.. unlocking special abilities etc etc. NO MONEY GRAB treat it like permanent augments that you improve over time

-Environmental destruction

im a superhero when i jump off a building down to ground i want to see a dent or something in the ground!, i want to punch walls and cause damage to them, knock buildings down etc etc. You know whats hilarious the DC universe online press X button to start menu with the joker fighting batman, lex fighting superman and wonder woman fighting circe homescreen actually has environmnetal destruction in the back round. it makes the game look like false advertisement. you might as well make it part of the game... even if you only make it a feature added to dueling only.

-FACE SCULPTURING / HAIR EDITING

something as simple as this can go a long way. players love customization with their characters stop limiting us to what you have pre-made in the game and lets us edit more. Lets us shape our faces to our liking, eye brows, mouth, lips, nose, ears, hair lengths, etc etc

PVP

Destroy and rebuild. Just give this thing a fresh new start its not fair the way you guys treat pvp players either take it out the game or build it up.

6. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

While I don't know how these would make subscribers feel like they have added value, some of these are actually really good ideas.
    I agree with PVP. I think that if they (the Devs) Took the time to rebuild PVP, they'd make money hand over fist. While I personally have never been much of a PVP person (I only do it because I feel like I NEED every Feat) and I don't enjoy it. I do know that there is a decent sized population of players who LOVE PVP. If they fix PVP, and add some incentives to spend money in PVP, I think they'd really have something here.
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

PvP was the one thing at a time that was a gem, it captured the feel of DCUO, but too many cooks ruined the broth and PvP turned into a shell of what it was
  8. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

While I miss all you guys, I must say that the game hasn’t really been subworthy since the artifacts became a cash grab. ESO has had some issues lately due to a broken update they’re patching, so I started reading here again just out of curiosity, but that game has kept all my attention since I left in 2018 and I’ve never been happier (or had more disposable income.)

I’m so glad I’m no longer addicted to replay badges, and can constantly play any content without feeling like I’m overpowered.
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

Before acting as if you could teach me about those stuff (spoiler: you can`t, I know much more than you`d think), refer to the part I said "I know devs need to eat""

Thank you, Captain Obvious. If it wasn`t for you telling me what I already know I would have never guessed.

Congratulations on bringing something not related to my claim into it.

Distorting what I sid as if I was criticizing just shows that not only you are wrong on this ridiculous claim but you are also unable to interpretate text properly enough to argue with me.

Warframe said hi.

You failed to change my mind. Most importantly, you failed to catch the sarcasm implied in 99.9999% of my posts.

Don`t bother answering. I`ve put you on ignore. I require a minimum amount of intelligence to talk to people, and you have shown yourself to be MUCH, MUCH, below this bare minimum. Go away.
  10. Shadow Force Committed Player

It's a good thing us lifetime membership owners don't need to pay at all for membership and it paid for itself ages ago.