No one has really given an opinion of the new content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gen1CEsyde, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dene Devoted Player

Not yet - will look at it later today
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

So you're going to ignore my entire comment and only focus on 2 comments on test? Ok.

No you're right, 2 other people on test feedback currently doesn't like what you don't like about having your movement abilities restricted. I didn't actually see anyone stating that the jumping doesn't work correctly though. Or did somebody mention that? The other players who commented so far gave feedback concerning actual, potential bugs like checkpoints and madness meters possibly not working correctly
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Seems to me that they're more annoyed that people that are inept at jumping are holding up the group and wasting time when they have to start again and keep trying over and over.

I can understand the frustration in that, but there are solutions in my mind, I haven't tried that raid yet so I'm waiting to see, but I think putting something like checkpoints in place could be better than getting rid of the mechanic entirely.
    • Like x 2
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Many of us have been asking for new innovative mechanics. While this isn't necessarily new to gaming this mechanic is pretty fresh and new to DC. New genesis isnt really the same to me but i digress. We finally get something new and cool and then this happens...

Im sorry but im also very blunt. The mechanic is something in the game thats new. Some may not like it but i feel most do or are just indifferent. The devs have given us 3 versions of raids if anyone feels anything is too difficult. While this mechanic cant be negated by running a different version i understand. But the whole this is or that is too difficult when we have so many versions to run is just...baffling to me.

We need the devs to feel like they can try new things as it keeps the game fun. We cant complain over every little mechanic we might not like. We can give feedback if this or that feels too strong and they can tweak. But as far as mechanics themselves goes its vital they keep innovating as it gives the game more longevity as opposed to every raid you pop in you just tank and spank.

When it comes to this or that hitting too hard or something being broken. Yes. Feedback is needed. But when they add a new mechanic like platforming that doesn't let you use your movement mode...well man....sometimes you just gotta deal if you dont like it. They cant individually tailor the game to every single person. They need to try new things. If the overwhelming majority didn't like something then yeah maybe it needs a look at. But something tells me in this case its not the majority.

TLDR

This is why we can't have nice things
    • Like x 5
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

didn't they say on the livestream the jumping mechanic would be something similar to what was once the toyman jumping mission.

that was so popular they took it out of the game.
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If no one has seen the platform jumps that people seem to be afraid of here they are

don't see any issue with them
    • Like x 5
  7. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Some of you guys going for the “10,000 post” title on this one thread! Can it be kept constructive? As far as the jumping goes, i swear i watched a video on shattered gotham and for 40 mins, it was all about people mucking up the jump...smh!
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Having spent two or three hours in the raid I can safely say, from my point of view, the jumping mechanic is fine. However, they do need to implement check points at each boss encounter along with NPC's that allow you to repair. If they did that, then as far as the jumping mechanics go in the raid, it will be good to go.
    • Like x 4
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I figured it would just be a case of doing something like checkpoints.

I noticed your posts about the raids difficulty, I notice a few people saying make them "harder" I find that many people just say that when it's such an arbitrary thing if that makes sense because difficulty is subjective just saying "make it harder" doesn't really help because what really needs to be talked about is specific mechanics, how they could be improved etc. (not saying you're doing this, just that it happens :) )

If you were able to compare the raids, because I haven't had an opportunity to try them and probably won't this weekend, what raids would you compare them too.

If we take Hive-E and Machine-E as the agreed starting point, how did each boss stack up to those respective raids, i.e. how difficult was first boss compared to first boss Hive, how difficult was second boss compared to deathstroke etc?

Happy to hear your thoughts, thanks.
  10. Ully Committed Player

The JLD: Fellowship of the Arcane elite raid is no where near the level of Hive-E or Machine -E, not even close. At the moment, it feels like a dumbed-down Pan E.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Do you mind elaborating why? What is missing? what mechanics are dumbed down, specifically so that they could be amped up to an equal footing?
  12. Ully Committed Player

• Like x 2
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The second Elite raid (Shatterd Gotham) cannot be completed at this time as far as we can tell but as for Fellowship of the Arcane Elite, it is a solidly designed raid but just hits way to easy on the boss fights. We were able to finish it tonight with the group essentially in 258-260 gear. Both raids only have two bosses essentially (Shattered Gotham could be said to have 3 but 2 are back to back in the same area at the end). Hive Elite upon launch was definitely more difficult than what Fellowship of the Arcane Elite is. The first boss has roughly only one attack that can KO players. As long as they block it they are fine...even at 258 CR and 250 SP. Adds spawn but can be quickly contained and burned down. The final boss fight however has substantial potential. It is close to Terra level in terms of requiring coordination. It is a mix of Crown of Thorns Elite (hard hitting adds that must be kited) and Hive Elite (4 adds continuously spawn that have to be dealt with). However, once again, we were able to finish it with 258-260 CR and 250 SP. If it was to go to Live today like it is, we would crush it with little to no issue with our Live toons. Teekl hits hard but an be obliterated within 60-90 seconds, Faust is annoying as he teleports non-stop and gives two f's what the Tank wants him to do but hits like a mediocre noodle, and the adds hit hard but can be kited once they get out of hand.

Essentially if they wanted to make the fights more Elite like they need to have Dr. Fate hit harder or have an actual timer on the book collection mechanism where if you do not collect the book in time and return it, the group wipes. That would up the ante quite a bit in the Fate fight. Also, in the halls leading up to the Fate fight there is a Cerebus type mechanic where floating eyes will one shot people as you make your way through the library to Fate. During this time there should be more adds in Elite to hinder your progression as right now I (the Tank) will start down the corridors first and CC the first set of adds, the Controller can then run by me with the rest of the group and CC the next set, by then I can get caught up and CC the next set, and so on. Do this about 4 times and someone in the group will have reached the activation point for the Dr. Fate fight. More adds scattered through the corridors would prevent this tactic or at least hinder it some and require people to kill the adds while watching out for the eye-balls that will one shot you.

In the final elite fight, the Developers I feel should possibly speed up the walking pace of the 4 adds that you must interact with before they get to the center of the battlefield (if 2 or 3 reach it Mordru will do one nasty attack that is borderline a 1 shot). Which is another way they could buff the final fight. Make that Mordru's attack a straight up one shot...not a "maybe one shot" but a true one shot. You screw up and let to many of the Pilgrims (yes they are Pilgrims) get to Mordru it is KO city for whomever he hits with that attack. Also, possibly buff up the damage a tad on the attacks of each boss, Felix, Teekl, and Klarion as none of their attacks are super scary...even at 258 CR. Literally the only scary attacks are those from the adds that spawn.

I hope all that came out right Proxy because I am exhausted right now. lol. Have a good night...off to bed I go!
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks, good stuff :)

No, makes sense. I assume there's probably a few videos up by now, I might watch a few and see what I think and come back and comment further with you afterwards :) Thanks heaps for the great post.
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Have you seen the increased amount of responses on Test? More and more testers seem to state that the jumping sequences are fine, more feedback about actual potential bugs are being brought up such as the current lack of checkpoints.
    • Like x 3
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Cool, it’s gonna be awesome having an instance I might never be able to finish :(
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Prematurely made rants about something you have yet to have even experienced is indeed Cool.
    • Like x 2
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Imagine winning the argument and still being hostile.
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

Imagine having a conversation without trying to tell someone that doesn't agree with you that they are hostile, mean or pushing personal grudges.
    • Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You’ve won. What’s your problem?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.