No new plans for next year? No sexy surveys?;_;

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8K3n, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

The game pretty stale at moment, if not just boring. There isn't much to do. The population inst even great;_; Any plans, regarding Stuff(SM, PVP, LPVE, New Powers, New Legends, A new game mode)? Literally, Revamp is done. What's next? Will we finally see combat ranking removed on old instances?
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a new episode coming out soon.
    • Like x 3
  3. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

I heard a rumor… that Mepps has, like, this random thread called "upcoming events" on the forums. The rumor says that Mepps fellow updates it from time to time and stuff.

I wonder, sometimes, if that rumor is true?
    • Like x 8
  4. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

there are no immediate plans for any of the stuff you are talking about OP...tc and episodes are what we will be getting for a while
  5. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

oh and btw you might be on the wrong site if you are looking for "sexy" surveys............
    • Like x 1
  6. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

They usually do a livestream telling what we could expect for next year. Last year they said event blah blah episode blah blah event. This year we got nothing. No livestream, just 2 dlcs or so and the same old recuring problems. Saying we will get 2 episodes whit nothing more in the middle seems pretty heartbreaking and boring.
  7. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Nothing to do?
    No wonder this game's population is considered toxic by every other game community I've checked.
    • Like x 1
  8. majosea Dedicated Player

less content, less rewards for seasonal events
    the reason - i know some players cant handle the truth but
    the devs are also working on
    [IMG]
    the devs should have 4 episodes per year instead two
    thats 3, months per episode.
    and switch up the content theme some players got burned out 2 water theme content back to back .
  9. Dene Devoted Player

I see it like this.. People may not like TCs but they need to ask themselves.. Have episodes declined in number or quality, since TCs?

I don't think they have.

Again, I get it, people do not like TCs - but if TCs were gone tomorrow, the game wouldn't suddenly be perfection or have droves coming back.. in my opinion.

And slight correction, not 2 water themed DLCs back to back, they had another between and were months apart. But yeah.. no water for awhile might be best lol
    • Like x 2
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I can't wait to get access! I only have five alts. So maybe in two more months of grinding I'll have enough Marks of Inclusion to unlock it.
    • Like x 1
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I agree there should be at least 4 episodes a year; and arguably we had that last year (though I don’t consider Doomsday equal to an episode, and Deluge was just a portion of an episode). Looking at previous years as a model, we’re still in the window to have four “episodes” this year. December through March has often been a drought for whatever reason (I think they believe seasonals distract us).

But the time capsule argument put forth by many is bogus. Making a few style items and emblems is not preventing them from making a raid. The only thing time capsules may do is reduce rewards in an episode; but it’s not going to affect playable content creation. Time caps just don’t crush development; it’s a slanted political argument from people who don’t like time caps.
    • Like x 1
  12. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

Let's face the truth, this game got old and new content can't be developed faster before the old one gets boring. Simple economics.
  13. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

I would like to point out that it is February, and to the post above, I do NOT ask that you love the game, but wonder why you play assuming it is too old and boring for you. And if you do not play it, why bother posting about something you don't use? One may as well post about the socks you don't wear.
  14. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

I actually have lots of socks that I don't wear. One of my favorite pairs of socks that I don't wear is a pair of socks that I got for a birthday gift one year from one of my co workers... sadly, the first time I put the socks on, my untrimmed toenails sliced one sock to the point that I didn't feel comfortable trying to darn them. It's kind of too bad, to, since they have a funny little elf looking dude making 'stinky faces' on them. I'm not saying that my feet stink, or anything... it's just kinda funny :)

Wait...

Were you being serious about posting about socks? Because I have lots of random stories about random things that may or may not apply to DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Exactly. They need to balance out those resources or bring in more staff so that they can get more stuff done, imo.
    • Like x 2
  16. L T Devoted Player

Reported for spreading rumors.
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

considering most if not all the things mentioned have been covered either in here or on twitter feed I doubt it can be classified as "rumor"
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

Reminds me of John Goodman's Marlon Brando from SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy, LOL.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/jeopardy/n10993
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What kinds of surveys?