No new legends?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Dmitri, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Dmitri Active Player

Why not adding new legends? Old ones became boring das y less ppl do pvp
    • Like x 3
  2. BƖack Dedicated Player

The most popular excuse here is that pvp content bring no profit. So is why they have not done anything since very long time (years) and i'm talking about pvp overall (legends & arenas). And to be honest these became boring long time ago, because how much u can play the same stuff lol
  3. Dmitri Active Player

Do think dat pvp is extra n should be deleted?
    • Like x 1
  4. Chia Death Well-Known Player

That's not why less people do pvp. Pvp won't magically resuscitate by adding new legends characters. Legends is traditionally the less-popular pvp option, it only gained popularity when the devs decided to break regular pvp and leave it broken.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dmitri Active Player

Still they left pvp dead n its intolerable to do
  6. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Intolerable for you- many players don't care about pvp, and the devs obviously find it quite tolerable.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dmitri Active Player

Imagine spamming same mission again and again and again and again and again
  8. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Again, not sure what this has to do with my comment - another reply meant for a different comment?
  9. Dmitri Active Player

I meant pvp irritating das all
    • Like x 1
  10. BƖack Dedicated Player

I think that pvp should find the way to bring profits. Not saying about huge amounts like time capsules or booster bundles but enough so they could develop pvp. If you find out a way that will bring them enough profits from pvp i believe you'll bring their attention and pvp will be fixed.

P.S Selling avatars on marketplace seems completely unprofitable for them.
  11. Solarbound Committed Player

We've been waiting on Gorilla Grodd for years now. Who we were supposed to get back around January of 2015. People keep talking about "PVP doesn't make money." Which, is a lie and an excuse in itself. Yet, I remember a day in DCUO when the numerous paid legendary memberships were more than enough to cover the expenses for further PVP development. It's funny how things can change sometimes; you know? Maybe 2020 is our year for PVP to flourish once again guys. We shall see.... -_-
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

That’s false, people have always done legends even before stats revamp, it was never less popular. It was even more popular after the am system was introduced, for obvious reasons
    • Like x 1
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Think it had to do more with licencing issues with DC. All the character models exist and currently we only even have 1 member of the Flash family for 750+ runs. It's also an easy sell of $10 for a new legends character, the only reason why they wouldn't have continued to release them was because legally they weren't able to.
    • Like x 2
  14. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Ok, when I say traditionally I mean when I started playing, and it probably has been the more popular option for longer- but that's just because of how early on they screwed up pvp. I'm not trying to throw around how early I started playing the game because thatdoesn't matter to me and I stopped playing for a long stretch, but I know pvp can be better.
    Part of it was game population, and part people earning the feats that now they just unlock with replays, but when pvp gear started with blood bat on the villain side there was a strong pvp community that included people who didn't do it as their main focus. I'm not saying the gear starting lower was the cause or a current solution, just using that to give you an idea of when this was. The current clamping system is important because of the MASSIVE disparity between top-tier gear and the low cr gear available then. My point is that at thew time I would wait as long for a 4v4 to queue as I do now if I blind-queue Batcave Breach.
    Maybe it would be better to go to a rotating seasonal system where when the new season starts everyone below a certasin rating is brought up to it but people who had worked to get the best gear would still have an advantage. Make pvp like survival mode, with exclusive cosmetics for the most dedicated players.
    • Like x 1
  15. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I can believe this, but I'm curious as to if there's any evidence supporting it or not. I think it may be just as likely it's part of their continuing commitment to largely ignore pvp in all forms- but that's just a theory, with notably less evidence than licensing issues.
  16. Solarbound Committed Player

I was more so poking fun at the whole thing at the start. But, that makes sense.
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

A
    agreed, especially with the stat clamping statement. I think when I started the first set was called “avatar bombardier”, and during that time, it was easy to q for any match, and there was a weekly map rotation, which was probably the reason why since feats are associated with certain maps. Back then maps would get loot locked and all lmao. You would have to spend replays to get marks consistently
  18. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Yeah, I don't know about the loot locking anymore... but on the other hand it DID make sure that you had people playing a variety of PvP modes and not just queuing for 2v2s with two ice tanks rotating 3 shields- super annoying to go against.
  19. Brit Loyal Player

Sure. They can make more Legends if they want to. I wouldn't say no. I'm mostly indifferent. But I do not believe that they would somehow reinvigorate PvP. The "No Rewards; Just For Fun" approach always has a limited shelf life. MMOs are built on a foundation of treadmill progression.

If they want to see an immediate uptick in PvP, then we need a release of CR102 PvP gear. There should be a regular PvP season, along with a new suit of gear, at least once per year. There are plenty of PvP players who do not queue up because they do not receive any reward any longer, much the same way Raiders don't queue for Batcave or Fortress these days. A new set of gear creates a reward again, something for players to work for through their PvP, so it becomes a worthwhile investment of their time.

Players will do it if there are rewards. Once the rewards are exhausted and it becomes "No Rewards; Just For Fun", that is when large numbers of players quit, nitpicking all the little balancing issues that make it un-fun, since the "just for fun" element isn't actually there to a degree that players want to sink their time into it.

If I wanted to do a 1v1 with no rewards and just for fun, I would do a duel and then move on. Why on earth would I spend 7+ minutes fighting the same person in a 1v1 Batcave if there is no reward? It is going to be somehow more fun fighting them for the 4th time? Or idling passively on the capture point while they run around activating turrents? PvP needs rewards to be worthwhile, and we haven't had PvP rewards in over 2 years.
  20. Krossssss Well-Known Player

More Legends would be Awesome