No more Wonderverse Elite Type Raids please ..Not P.U.G friendly

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghost27Xog, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I may take u up on that if an when i decide to even attempt it again. Reward doesnt currently seem worth the time wasted failing haha
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That write up was pretty spot on. Have made many attempts at fgse but have only beaten it completely once and beaten grail 3x. 1st time thru zues was slow but a cakewalk. Next few tries were brutal. Everyone's got "their" way of doing it, some groups are making it harder than it needs to be trying to get it done faster. Slowest way was the best ways that I've seen. Nothing wrong with 3 healers and 2 tanks for Zues fight lol. Been in groups that will not 2 tank and instead go for the break them out of the cage routine but haven't seen that actually work yet
  3. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

It's an Elite raid... you're not supposed to be able to pug it....duh. o_O

Finishing an Elite raid usually requires communication, group chemistry and a certain level of familiarity with the mechanics that pug groups just will not have. Not to mention, players playing the support roles also need to know how to properly play their role. And finally, raid group members need to have their CR, SP, augments and Artifacts all up to par. These are things you just will not find in a pug group.
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I think augs and knowledge of mechanics are more important than SP and artifacts in this case, are those 2 useful ofc, but not nearly as important as top 2 augs @23 and knowing and doing mechanics.
  5. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

6. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

Lol. Not supposed to be Be P.U.G'd ??? ..Says Who
    There are far more teams put together at LFG that are P.U.G groups than league runs. That quote just dismisses most of the runs put together to do raids in general. P.U.G groups have always and will always out number League runs as far as volume attempts per day.[/quote
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

What data do you have to back that up?
  8. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

You don't even make any sense.

Nobody is dismissing the fact that a large number of instances are put together through LFG. But the level of difficulty of elite raids should have nothing to do with that fact.

But by your definition alone, since the the number of raid groups put together via LFG outnumber the number of planned groups, then they are the majority right? They are the average. Let me ask you, by definition, which word matches "majority" or "average" better? Regular or elite? That's right.... it would be "regular". And for these types of groups, we have the "regular" class raids.

If a PUG group (and by PUG, i mean a group randomly thrown together by the instance menu) can beat an elite raid, then that's great. Bravo. Well done. But just because the majority of PUG groups cannot, that is no reason to make elite raids easier. Elite raids were not designed to cater to the PUG raid group.

They are called elite for a reason.
    • Like x 1
  9. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

As I said before, it's a combination of things:

"Finishing an Elite raid usually requires communication, group chemistry and a certain level of familiarity with the mechanics that pug groups just will not have. Not to mention, players playing the support roles also need to know how to properly play their role. And finally, raid group members need to have their CR, SP, augments and Artifacts all up to par."

I do see your point for this instance in particular (with the buffs granted with max augs). But I still do not think a healer with low SP and artifacts would be able to keep their team up, regardless of how well they knew the mechanics. A balanced group will have everyone up to a certain level. When you have someone who isn't, that usually means there is somebody else in the group carrying their load for them.

Just my opinion.
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

If people ran elite like we use to 2 heals, 2 tanks, 1 troll, and 3 DPS, or let me rephrase if elite required this setup or even 2222 we wouldnt need elite buffs on top 2 augs, know how I know? Because people ran that setup during the very 1st elites and beat them and we never had augments then. I do agree on the communication being a big part obviously.
  11. Noble One Committed Player

this is true but back then SP was KING. i still remember people NOT getting into LFGs because of SP. the leaderboard was also a bigger thing back then as well. on top of that our combat system was VERY different back then as well.
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

The good ol days if you ask me
  13. MxOiE Level 30

Lmao this has me crying laughing, “I have a daughter” lmao
    • Like x 1
  14. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

Eye left twenty under the pillow-SNARF