No more Wonderverse Elite Type Raids please ..Not P.U.G friendly

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghost27Xog, Sep 19, 2020.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Wait, when was it ever said that Elite raids were intended to be PUG-Friendly?

I may have misunderstood, but my understanding is that Elite has always been intended deliberately to not be PUG-Friendly.

Is it just me who has the impression that Elite is supposed to be a challenge to practiced groups and impossible for PUGs?

Hard raids require communication, probably by voice, between all the members of a raid, to coordinate. PUGs only rarely manage that.
    • Like x 6
  2. myandria Item Storage

I have to agree with this; Elite raids are never PUG friendly, even the older content ones. Been there, done that. I will not pug elite raids again.

With that, perhaps pugging Elite raids should not be an option. There is a reason why many games cut players off at a certain point if they are not geared/leveled properly; their characters simply will not perform efficiently if they are allowed to join the more difficult missions/raids.
    • Like x 2
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

My problem with this elite raid is, its p2w. The head mods at max is a must, unless you have 100s of millions to risk
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I didnt pay a dime and have both my top augs at 23, a league mate paid 600mil got his DPS top 2 to 23, and is working on his troll augs now, another league member has both his to 23 due to me helping him with all his catalyst and some augment XP.
    • Like x 3
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I just ran bounties during double aether until I could get all of the catalysts off the vendor.
    • Like x 1
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

I'm talking about the seals needed for break throughs
  7. L T Devoted Player

Thanks for this-- I thought it was just me!

For Amazon Fury Part 2, we got an Easy Raid (lols), a Medium Raid (HoH), a Hard Raid (Throne) and a Really Hard raid (Throne Elite).

Could we maybe go back to that? I'd WAY rather have different raids with different difficulties than Elite versions of everything.
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Elite raids are meant for elite groups, therefore either leagues that have played together for a long time or very carefully put together groups. Or groups that go back to elite stuff long after it is considered top tier. Which is where I generally fall.
    • Like x 3
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Reading this thread reminds me of OC and how people cheesed it and they changed it and made it worse and they found a new cheese that was PS only that was fixed but made it worse for PC

#goodtimes #noimlyingitwasterribletimes

I'm in the mindset that elite should be elite, but really, I'm tired of watching how the game is developing back to the worst time period in the games history. Like, shields don't block damage?! Why is that a thing and why do we have shields at all then?!
    • Like x 8
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The one and only thing that makes FGSe not PUG friendly is DPS scoreboarding. The Grail fight is ALL about CONTROLLED burn to keep the phases separate and survivability. The DPS‘s simply need to:

1. Stop attacking when it says she’s choosing someone to mind control until everyone has been mind-controlled and broken out
    2. Save Supercharges, pets, buff trinkets and orbitals for the adds. Yes, that means you might sit on full SC and waste a few precious moments of the benefits of your soul cloak or the healers EoG. So what?
    3. Use loadouts with ST and AOE flexibility (I know the Solar Amp fix hurts).

Additionally, everyone needs to make room for hard light shield, amazonian deflection or some other very strong shield. Pop that and block and/or tumble when the manic gets sweet on you. You’ll survive most of the time.

Some additional tips:
    1. Block when the box puts it’s beam on you. It’s never taken me below 25% health but apparently some people die to it. So block. It’s a bright red and black beam that you didn’t initiate. You can’t miss it.

2. Tank and troll powersets should utilize their powers that grant CC immunity. Use them correctly and you’ll almost never get knocked around by the weapons, the red ground vortexes or her cone blast thing that she does. As for healers or anybody else that can’t find room in their loadout for immunity, there is always the breakout trinket. It’s not just for tanks!!!

As for the Zeus fight, the biggest tip I can give you is...

FOLLOW MY GRAIL TIPS AND DON’T SPEND THREE HOURS BEATING HER!

Zeus is easy, it’s just LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG. The number one reason groups don’t beat Zeus is they spent hours on Grail and after one or two wipes on Zeus (which is perfectly expectable for elite) they’re just mentally spent. Go in to the Zeus fight with some energy, focus and vigor and you’ll get through it.
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea i am not sure whats so hard a out augs. I see ppl say all the time they r pay to win but i dont think i have ever spent a penny on them, not even broker $.
    • Like x 2
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This. This is discussed a lot in our league lately. No one is happy with this.
    • Like x 1
  13. Starblast Well-Known Player

well some Elite content even if you are way overgeared and do not know the mechanics is going to be difficult. I remember...way back in the day Sons of Trigon came out largely as something easier so people could beat the episode prior with the Paradox wave. I typically do not do a lot of the elite raids until the next DLC is out anyway so I can ensure i'm overgeared, but who knows with how that will be with the artifacts. I had to totally change my loadout on my main and still finding fun ones for my alts if I do play. It's kind of a double edged sword. and were are about to have two holiday events. well 3 if you count the anniversary so with that said let us pray we get stimulus checks again here in the US. ASAP.
    • Like x 1
  14. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Ah. When you mentioned risking 100s of millions, I thought you meant catalysts. You can get as many catalysts as you want by running bounties - even if your breakthrough fails. You might not like the work, but there is an accessible free way. It’s not p2w.
    • Like x 2
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

So 725 aether marks is how many hours? The last breakthrough is 50%, and it's not a regular 50% like 1 in 2 chance. Know a player who failed 4 straight times, he just had a lot of money to keep going without seals. I have 1 23 Aug, and used 3 seals to breakthrough. It is p2w. Farming 12 hours isn't proof it's nit
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It's the main reason I decided to give nature a try after all these years
  17. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Nature shields are not using the same formula/mechanic?
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Water was showcased as a mitigation healer powerset, 1 that throws heals but only if it had to.

All shields use the same 'formula' that's besides the point, my point is how water was showcased and how it is being just **** on because of how they are designing content. But I havent complained 1 bit since going nature heal tbh I'm actually enjoying it alot more.
  19. Magnificent Loyal Player

The whole thing about Elite is that it requires more cohesive teamwork whether that's through communication, game knowledge (the specific fight as well as what your allies are capable of) or both. Communication is almost anathema to PUGs as you generally have either too many who want to be in charge or too many who simply do not communicate (see: the thread a few weeks ago about the player griping for getting booted from the group because he/she refused to pay attention to any chats so did not know the group was trying for Feats).

What I would rather see are Elite versions of Solos, Duos and Alerts that use some (if not all, when combined) of the Elite Raid mechanics. This would give the less hardcore players more of a chance at learning the mechanics before getting into the Raid.
    • Like x 2
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

So you got 23 AUGs and never used seals and broke through on both augs, at 50%, on the 1st try? That's 1450 Aethers or 160 million dollars for 2 23 Augs.