No more DLCs. No more Updates. Balance, Debugg and Stabilize DCUO FIRST!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WL Corpsman, Jun 21, 2014.

1. WL Corpsman New Player

Good point.
  2. WL Corpsman New Player

I get where your going. If they would do a extensive "bug bash-style update" I'd wait. Waited for the Sony hack to work it's self out.
  3. Crimson Jonni New Player

Ok now i understand where you're coming from a bit more clearly. I also wish that the bugs would be kinked out of the new content, but as far as ps goes, there is no way to test it because we're so limited. The pc side is a bit smaller than ps and its difficult for them to test everything so that causes even more difficulties. And i also do understand what you're talking about, but adjusting might damage calls for almost an overhaul because all powers damage is not the same. That said, if the crit damage was raised, for certain powers wed have immense imbalances. I think thats what theyre attempting to do with these awesome mechanics, making certain aspects stand out. I feel as though electricity would be a good example of what might should look like
    • Like x 1
  4. WL Corpsman New Player

It's funny you should say that because if you read the thread thoroughly, I'm mostly a controller class. Started as a controller filling those bars. Huh, but got your moment.
  5. WL Corpsman New Player

Every one is entitled to their opinion. Like mine's would be to you how am I selfish for wanting balance and stability? You like the freezing, rendering issues, or power type disparities?
  6. WL Corpsman New Player

Sounds like collectively communication need to be worked on then if they are all the same company
  7. WL Corpsman New Player

Yes I know. As consumers are appetites are never satisfied. Just want better quality.
  8. WL Corpsman New Player

Not enough games for PS4 for me yet. I will not get until a release date for Kingdom Hearts 3. But you are right, but hopefully the quality will continue to grow on PS4 and in no way shape or form become frustrating like PS3's.
    • Like x 1
  9. WL Corpsman New Player

Good point. But just as me and friends are have a dps content or trying to break our completion time, FREEZE/CRASH. I having nothing but fun until then. It happens every time in Themyscira Divided. Even PS4 players.
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive been saying this stuff for months. They do nothing about any of it imo. And combat mechanics? Im sorry but it has become a joke. And all these blind players out there saying WM has balanced the game LOL well ive done tests with combat analyzers and when your might based, all sp in2 might and might mods and 70% of your dmg comes from prec that is called unbalance, not balance.
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's not a matter of where I'm going. I've been there. It didn't work on either end. Some of the players that swore they could wait ultimately couldn't hold themselves to their word, and the devs (while taking care of a LOT of bugs in the process) couldn't get rid of all the bugs, namely because new ones would pop up with updates. Even with player testing there were always some unexpected interactions with the code that would cause a bug to appear in a seemingly unrelated part of the game. On top of all that, this was on a game that had a slightly more level-headed player base than DCUO and more player-driven gameplay options available to pass the time between content updates.

You say that you can wait? I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt, but personal experience tells me that may not ultimately be the case. Could the community at large wait? Not likely, given how ballistic parts of the community can go when there's even the slightest hint of a delay or wait for something new to do in-game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Valsmurf Loyal Player

you must be quite lucky then, I personally never played any mmo without a ton of bugs. in fact i don't even remember a single mmo forum where i didn't see a thread that was identical to yours " stop making new stuff and fix the bugs !!!" if you look hard enough you'll find them in every single mmo ever released, from WoW, to LoL, to LotRO, to SWG, SWtOR, MHO, DCUO and the list goes on and on.

i think perhaps since it's your favorite you notice these things more.
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Please tell me when this game has ever had REAL balance? 3 and a half years in and it needs to be balanced? And they state rage, HL and celestial will still be the big 3? Im sorry but all i can do is laugh at the people who say balance over and over in regards to this game. True balance wont ever happen in dcuo. Now they might get close, but imo i dont think they will. If the past is any indicator then i have a very hard time believing there will be anything close to what the actual definition of balance is.

Alot of players think it will happen. But imo when its all said and done i think alot will be suprised and ask the question "wheres the balance?" When i see tunso say that WM dmg and tray power dmg is equal and a wash over millions of combos that shows me whats wrong with this game atm. Its clear to almost every1 that WMs prec dmg dominates any might dmg, somehow the devs dont see that. That alone shows me balance will never happen.
  14. Ghostof91 New Player

Your right I don't like it but why I ask for something which is only for your interest, meaning not wanting new DLCs, etc etc. I'm sure if that was the right way to go at it the Dev's would've took your advice years ago. By the way " No more" is a strong term of demanding.
  15. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

So to speak, now we've something called "artifact weapons" on the nose. If it is something l thinking about (like staff defense, one-handed healing) etc, then again, it appears certain powers will work well with it, and another for powers - AW would be useless (just like HT mods behavior). Then again, all balance, which they so much carefully building, will be ruined to the hell once AW are snapped.
  16. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I agree 100%... Only game I own is this game and imfamous.... However I'm an xbox man (yes I do have the one)... I purchased the ps4 just for dcuo.... And I very happy wit my purchase... The game has issues on the ps3 and I'm really happy I don't have to deal with that... This game is completely diff on the ps4....
    • Like x 1
  17. Proto1118 Committed Player

Yes, bug fixes and balance should be priority. I'm going to be in the minority but I would like if they held off with HoP until at least Oct.
    • Like x 1
  18. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

They said in E3 they will not talk about HoP, so it will launched before 11 Aug. Holding HoP until oct it's if they start holding GU for 3 months, because GU 39 will be League Halls, that means HoP is nearly at same time.
    They already held GU 37 & 38 for too long. Let's rush already!
  19. bull425 Well-Known Player

I would love to see them work on fixes for bugs and glitches that are plaguing the game 3 years in. I think part of making money is making sure what you offer is working the way its supposed to be working. Often times it's the little things that create the most frustration in a player base. Doing the power update and WM were great steps, but when WM is better than your powers, that is a problem for me. They need to balance it out. Having said that, it could take a year, which I am ok with if they get it right, and by that I mean something that works. Not everyone will like the changes, but it will work for everyone. But it is difficult to go forward with content if the older stuff isn't working. It all needs to be working. Really, that's all that needs to be said.
    • Like x 1
  20. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

I completely understand where your coming from and basically am of your opinion as well. There is just a slight problem: Structure of the community/player base. A lot of people will get bored with DCUO if there is no new content for an extended period of time - and believe me: fixing everything or even just the most important parts of what's currently wrong will take an extended period of time. With those bored players leaving the simple mechanics of business will kick in: SOE is making less money, directing less resources to DCUO and the game goes down - even if there will be another DLC under these circumstances you may have lost some players permanently.

The better approach: Higher level of quality control to keep new content free of bugs at release, to also keep patches free of bugs on release, and continue to work on old problems parallel to developing new content. If they get that done - to at least not publish new problems with new DLCs - they could eventually get this back into a better state at all. But honestly: the afore mentioned mechanics of business will even make this approach highly improbable. Whenever marketing cries "we need to push that now!", devs are done for. They can point out that it's not ready yet, but marketing will insist on release - as if someone in that department dies every time they need to move a deadline.
    • Like x 2