No Looking Back (a high CR vs low CR topic)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Backseid, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Backseid Devoted Player

So here's an idea:

We have minimum CR requirements right?

Well, how about maximum restrictions?

Over a certain CR? You're now blocked from content. Gotta take off some gear to get in. Have the block based on Equipped CR.

Far more simple than adding some "clamping" system which, let's be real here, would never work right. Just look at the seasonal.

Same idea, far more simple an execution.

*now runs and hides*
  2. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Isn't this kind of clamping in a way? Just a more inconvenient way that the person would need to remove the proper pieces in order to be close to max. Just trying to make sure I understand you right.
    • Like x 2
  3. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No.
  5. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

1. This is basically stat clamping.
    2. What would stop someone from just re-equipping the gear after they get in?
    • Like x 4
  6. Gimpy Loyal Player

Sorry Bro I just couldn't resist this one,

[IMG]

:D
    • Like x 2
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

FYI, removing high CR players from lower tier instances will only hurt the lower CR person. Have you tried putting groups together for lower tier instances? The only thing you would accomplish is lower CR people no longer being able to question in or even complete the instance.

If you are looking for a place for new players to learn game mechanics, instances should not be used for that. Since the devs admitted they have noticed a large portion of the community is clueless. They should take responsibility and actually make training instances for all roles. Before you leave the brainiac ship, you learn pvp mechanics. Why can they not make a dps, heal, troll, and tank instance? A pre 30 training mission. To become 30 you must complete it. Other MMO's have something similar. I think the devs seeing a problem and not acting on it is irresponsible. Instead, they are using the information to cash in one last time, probably, before the game starts coming to an end.

I won't support forcing me and other players into having to teach each person in the game how to play. There is plenty of info to research for every power and role. There's no reason for this.
    • Like x 1
  8. Gimpy Loyal Player

A segment on the ship that involves learning both roles to some extent would be awesome.

It would benefit players coming off the ship if they already knew how to heal or use controller powers and had knowledge of tanking, a course in the "Basics" so to speak.
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

Yes this is a form of clamping.

There are obvious details that would need sorting out (especially armories, and reequiping gear)

Look many of the more modern games have level scaling/clamping, whatever.

There's no reason for hi CR players to be able to group with lowbies and blow through content to the point the other teammates are NOT EVEN PLAYING anymore.

Helping them by being a "bit OP" is a different story. That's something all games allow.

But, out right soloing an 8 man instance? No.

The game has a big enough gap now between start and endgame content.

Get over it. Change is needed in this department.
    • Like x 1
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

11. Derio 15000 Post Club

The game population is not healthy enough to implement any shape or form of stat clamping.
    • Like x 2
  12. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

This argument doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Hordes of players have beaten all those low tier instances at appropriate CR.
    • Like x 1
  13. Solarverse Committed Player

If this game is so lacking in population that low CR players could never form teams to run content, without the help of high CR players, then maybe it's time for this game to go on ahead and die.
    • Like x 2
  14. Backseid Devoted Player

Opinion.

We don't really know if this is true.

HiCR players that are going back are doing so for a reason. They "need" to play that content in order to obtain something.

Renember, no one plays "just for fun". It's all about obtaining something, whether it be styles, base items, collections.

People will still desire to play these instances clamped or not.

I'm not talking about bringing people down to the exact level as an instance is btw. Just setting a max allowable CR.

Simply put, no One Shots allowable. Even on adds.

This can be done, it should be done, and it's good for everyone.

No mater how much you think you like one shotting everything, it gets boring and you will lose interest quickly.

Like I said, many games have a form of clamping/level scaling. We can adapt.

No one's going to leave because they can no longer One Shot a T1 boss. How often is anyone really in the position to do so anyway.
  15. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

No problem. Just scale up rewards for people who run clamped so they actually get something worthwhile. If you can run 4 month old content and get full marks, you could run clamped lower tier content for full marks as well. In fact it would even give higher CR players more options for farming marks (or drop gear, or other loot) without being limited to current content.
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Make a new toon and try putting groups together for low CR raid's with everyone in the group at the correct CR.
    Yes, but unless they did it when it was first out. They were not ALL the correct CR. Let's use khandaq as an example. If you are actually able to put together a raid group at the correct CR for this raid and complete it today, it would be difficult. Most going into khandaq have no clue what they are supposed to do. This is the same for ALL raids. AnB is actually hard if people won't listen at the maze. Heck, even high CR players are guilty of this. Look at UM or Hall of Hades or last boss of BBS.

Point I'm trying to make is, removing high CR players will not make people learn game mechanics. Hell, they didn't learn them when they were out, so why would they now. Removing high CR players from instances will hurt low CR players ability to complete. Plain and simple, there are not enough people playing at that level for it to work. Of course people beat raid's at a lower CR when they were out, but areally those the people we are talking about? No. We are talking current day low CR players. I am on my 7th at in these past few months. I can tell you with experience, low CR players need something. I don't know what it is, and neither do the devs. But stat clamping is not the answer. That just pushes people away.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Don't worry, unless this statsmatter revamp is REALLY good. It is headed that way. Have you seen LFG on the hero side? OMG, slow. Ques for pve and pvp are slow. We will for sure see an influx of players when new content comes out. A lot of those players are used to the old system of get everything in a week and play something else until next month. So the new content could push people away.

Not saying I know what the game needs to live on, but somebody better figure something out.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

But what about those that just run stuff for marks. I've spent long hours in all of the old raids. I don't want to do so again. I play on limited time, so spending 30min in an old raid just for marks is a no for me. I don't need styles, just marks. I usually do Dox and Nexus just for the easy marks. If it was stat clamped, I would just stop running them.

WhIle your stat clamping is appealing to some. I don't think everyone shares your view. Not saying most share mine. Just saying I pay my sub just like everyone else. Don't make me conform anymore than we already are made to.
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

While people may not leave the game. The devs arent going to take that chance. Even with so many people saying no to any form of stat clamping.

Honestly if it were up to me I would stat clamp people to the maximum CR of the relevancy window of X content and if the player is stat clamped they get double loot drops.
    • Like x 2
  20. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Sure these raids would be hard now without getting carried because no one knows the mechanics anymore. Why? Because high CRs can just carry everyone now so they don't need to know the mechanics. Clamp queues and people will learn the mechanics in no time just as everyone did when the content was new. Then allow bypassing the queue to go unclamped and those who don't want to learn will find higher CR players on LFG to carry them.

UM and similar are the exact opposite problem. They often fail because of that one 170+ idiot in the group who thinks he can oneshot everything by himself, doesn't wait for the group and then gets everyone killed and the respawns out of sync.
    • Like x 2