"No Cog" Glitch

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Peacemakaz, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc Holliday New Player

Devs run Prime, you will see what is being described happen 9/10 times....
  2. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Ah I didn't know they removed the ability to down players that are knocked out by NPC's in PvE. I hardly ever run those Operations in PvE phase.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Yep, which is why this is intended and not part of this thread's bug.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's possible a related fix may have improved the situation surrounding this bug. Please post if you continue to notice this issue or if you notice anything else different as of today.
    • Like x 5
  5. Goony New Player

ran prime around 1am est wendsday morning and one of our players had no cog over his head and brainiac had about a quarter of his health left
  6. Sumeric New Player

Yesterday while doing the Strykers Island Critical Defender bounty I got knocked out and I didn't have a cog to be able to be revived. I'm not sure how you guys are going to be able to find the pattern to this. It just seems to happen randomly. Kind of like if you get knocked out while simultaneously casting a power, it can become glitched and unusuable until you relog.
  7. Stitch Well-Known Player

Not fixed. Prime and Black Dawn.
  8. TrueMarvel New Player

It happened in Black Dawn
  9. Agnetta Dedicated Player

this glitch happened in A Black Dawn 3/28/2013 around 1:40 am PST
  10. Epic Wins New Player

That's because sacrificing does not fix the cog glitch, it's a myth, a rumor... but I always insist that someone SACRIFICES themselves HAHAHAHA!!!!!! EVIL I AM HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

This happened to us twice last night. I had no cog for the last fight in Black Dawn and Warlan had no cog in Prime.
  12. GreenDrakkon Well-Known Player

This happened to me in Black Dawn, but only at Tala. Several people went down and we were able to bring them back. It all changed when Tala showed up. I got one-shotted and there was no cog for anyone to use.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Does anyone have or can anyone take video or screenshots of the issue happening? It may help us in our investigation.
  14. Aiden Warren New Player

I will try tonight.

The bug is when you get KO'd
    this happens
    Both Rally Point (ESC) and Revive (ENTER) shows up fast, a player can still revive you for the count down but when u hit enter, it still warp you to start area
  15. ItsRem Well-Known Player

Free codex and marks for helping the cause!? I'm in.

*sets up to cap*
  16. KiLL ORDER New Player

I
    Lololol

If you were to get a snap shot it would look like tebowing without a cog above you head after you die. Does that help?
    • Like x 1
  17. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Quick question: Are you not seeing this happen in your testing of the issue? I will gladly take a video of it happening but I'm curious what it will show other than a group walk into Prime, one person walks into the middle area and gets ko'd and there's no cog/gear over his head to pick him up.

Literally that's all it takes to reproduce this.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are curious what else it might show also. Thanks for taking the time.
  19. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I have seen that bug only once and my guess is (quite a wild guess, I know :oops:) :

It might be something with the ground, when it is flat all is fine, if not the bug might occur. I never had the chance to test this.

I saw it in villain's soul alchemy endboss. The guy got k.o. at the edge of the plant-pot. (and he was wearing PvP, if that matters)
  20. MrMigraine Devoted Player

When you Duel another player in DCUO and lose, you don't actually get KO'd generally ... you go down to one knee as part of the animation and then you leave combat and start to regenerate health.

But once in awhile, you actually do get KO'd. I'm not sure if it's the amount of damage or a critical hit or the dot from a power or what ... but you fall down and get the cog over your head.

Just another example of not-working-as-intended KO mechanics ... might be related, so it might be a good place to go looking for the no cog bugs as well.

Another place to look is the Infinite Rally glitch. Sometimes a player will get KO'd and then immediately have the Flee/Rally option without the countdown clock. I think there was an attempt to patch this at one point ... that patch might be messing with KO'd characters.

But since it really only happens in Prime, Vengeance and Black Dawn, my guess is that it's high-damage related. One-hit kills and the like.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.