Ninja invited to Oolong Island Tier 2 alert : Guess why?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Giga Vamm, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Because the instance still hasn't been fixed since 2011 with the issue on the final fight locking everyone out permanently after a wipe. No, going back to the beginning doesn't reset it anymore. No, not even if you wait 5-10 minutes there with the entire group.

It would be nice if after seven plus years some attention was given to fixing the Chang Tzu fight after a wipe. The door never re-opens and hasn't reliably worked for more than seven years. No bug should exist for this long.
    • Like x 14
  2. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

Don't wipe
    • Like x 7
  3. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

You're extremely helpful. Thank you. :p
    • Like x 5
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

In the entire time that this instance has been broken, i've never had an issue there as far as the last boss fight.
    • Like x 4
  5. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Well, I was invited today after the group before me had wiped. Someone jotted my name down as someone worth running with, I guess.

I have also been unfortunate enough to be a healer at tier with three at tier damage players who couldn't do enough damage, nor shift their focus to save the healer, to get through the final fight. I ended up with all the adds attacking me and had to spam heal to survive, take a cola, use a supply drop, and finally just give up and get KO'd because I was out of power, and colas and supply drop were both on cooldown.
  6. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Don't you just love the dev team they are the best, my favorite thing about them is when they take their time to fix such tiny issues.
    • Like x 4
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

Did you need the speed feat?
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That's just insane. I always forget about that until it happens.
    • Like x 2
  9. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Damn the lies!!!! :eek:

J.K., I couldn't resist... :D

I wonder how often this instance is even played anymore, not that that in itself is a reason to leave it broken for so long.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Is it really that tiny if it's still not fixed??? Nobody ever considers that some issues are so mysterious that they are next to impossible to fix when you can't pinpoint the actual cause of the problem. As widespread as this issue is, it doesn't happen to everyone, otherwise there would have been more complaints about it more often. I myself have never encountered these issues, and i'm pretty damn sure no one complaining about the issue could exactly point out what causes the issue to occur beyond "everyone died".
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The only reason people need to run this instance is for the feats in it. You can progress just fine skipping it. The question is what exactly happens to trigger the issue. I've died in there many times and never had the door lock up on me in that last boss fight.
  12. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Run it now and wipe on the final boss. It happens 100% of the time now. It doesn't happen to everyone these days because it's rare to not have someone high enough to solo the final fight. The bug is 100% reproducible, so that should make it easier to find a fix, right?
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not if they can't find the part of the code that causes the door to not open. Something is obviously broken...the question is what broke it. We might be thinking in simple terms of "we wipe, door doesn't open for this instance" when the problem might be "Game Update XX introduced this feature or that feature and that caused this and that to break". Since it wasn't an always occurring issue in the past but can be 100% reproduced now, it means that something added within the last year or so may have perma-broken the instance. The questions is...where is the monkey wrench, and what gear did it get stuck in. The frustrating and unfortunate part is that since this is not as essential for progression as it used to be, it likely falls low on the totem pole of things that need to be fixed (and we all know that list is as long as Larfleeze is greedy).
    • Like x 1
  14. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Let's be honest here, if this affected the ca$h flow of the game it would have been resolved asap & finding out the problem is only a matter of diagnosing the source code, you make it seem like the developers have no knowledge of reading binary executable scrips, ever wonder how some players are able to speed hack especially on PC? well it's called programming.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Speed hacking is a bit different from finding broken code and fixing it. Now you are right that there's no financial motivation to fast track a fix for it (I alluded to as much in the post you quoted), but if it were that simple they would have taken care of it a long time ago. Something obviously borked the instance, and it probably isn't that easy to find the culprit. It's also possible that the solution might intentionally break something they added...which might mean coming up with a solution that fixes one thing without undoing something that was added.
    • Like x 1
  16. Hydraze Active Player

I see you on the forums a lot defending the devs over just about everything. I haven't had to run this raid in a long time but it has happened to me. And we aren't the developers; it's not our job to figure it out. it's theirs. Regardless of how little complaints it gets it should be given attention.
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I never said it was the players job to figure things out. However, every little bit of information can help them figure out what could possibly be triggering the issue. But if your attitude is let them figure it out, look how far that's gotten us in seeing this Alert get fixed.
  18. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Speed Hacking was an example to get it through your head that everything is a code and codes can be manipulated thus solving the issue, you keep defending the devs saying "if it was that simple they would have fixed it already" okay, well i'm guessing it is a magical issue then and not a problem that can be solved through programming, geez i hope the devs call doctor fate for help or wait another 7 years to try and solve this magical issue.
  19. Hydraze Active Player

Well it sounded like you were implying the players needed to figure it out. Then furthered it by trying to downplay the issue. It's their game, their coding, it's literally their job. Bugs like this should have been dealt with a long time ago and I guarantee this isn't the first time it's come up. Like someone said before, if there was a price tag on it, it would have been handled.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I never mentioned anything silly like magical fixes.But I ask you then...if it's as simple as you're making it out to be, why has it not been fixed??? I'm very well aware that it's all code and that code can be manipulated. You and others seem to think im defending them when what i'm actually doing is explaining that it might not be as simple as people want to believe it is. When people get angry that problems are still persisting, they don't want to hear that some problems aren't that simple to fix. Just because i'm not jumping on the "bash the Devs" bandwagon doesn't mean i'm defending them. I do find it funny though that people fixate on my so-called defense instead of offering a counter-explanation, especially if they have genuine expertise in coding/game building.