Up-Votes Needed Nightmare Bat Chain Mechanic Bugged

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by DCUO Addict, Jul 26, 2022.

1. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread, but even though I've seen threads in other sections of the forum and lots of angry shouting in the game, I couldn't find a bug report.

During the Barbatos open world boss fight, sometimes, when the chain is broken from a Nightmare Bat, the Bat is still indestructible. It will heal back from 0 hp, no matter how much damage is done. While I've seen this happen many times, it's not clear what's triggering it. Sometimes the mechanic works - the chain breaks, and the Bat takes damage and dies - and sometimes it doesn't --> immortal Nightmare Bat.

Please consider disabling the mechanic or temporarily taking the Bats out of the game (whatever is technically feasible) until this is fixed. The shout is incredibly toxic because players are blaming each other for screwing up the feat, since it's not clear that this is a bug and not a mechanic.
    • Like x 5
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They said there is a fix coming in a future hotfix.
    • Like x 1
  3. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Nightmare bats are still invulnerable after breaking their chains. Happens about 1 out of every 3. Hotfix did not fully work.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So...2 months later and this fix is still not applied? Did some bats while killing barbatos last night after reset. 1 of the 3 was unable to be killed, even after chains were removed. Always nice when a 1/3 of your work is taken away...more if 2 glitch....but hey...that's a theme these days, isn't it?

The funny thing is that at 3 bats per round, getting 100 bats by the time you get 50 Barbatos should be a no brainer and I'd guess why those numbers were chosen...at 2 it's still doable, but I know almost no one who got both at the same time, or the bats first. So yea!...we get to kill MORE Barbatos than should ever be needed. Sounds fun.

No big rush I guess.:(
    • Like x 1
  5. Joybird Committed Player

This is still happening. It's making the double Death Knights week really annoying.

It's also created a situation where many people have finished all of the feats for defeating Barbatos, but still have to finish off the bats. You're lucky if you kill one bat per Barbatos, and you need 2. So, people ignore Barbatos and attack the bats, but the bats won't die. Since they don't know about the bug, they keep attacking the bat anyway. So there's hordes of people just attacking bats that can't die.