next power after rage

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by IdontDps, Jan 10, 2014.

1. IdontDps Committed Player

ok so we know this dlc is 3 parts long so possible 3 powers from the legends we can see saint will 9/10 be a healer so if we get a 3rd what should it be..you all know what im rooting for :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

I seriously hope it´s not another Lantern power. Trust me, I love the Lantern mythos, it´s one of my favorite DC series and Blackes Night was one of the best sagas of the past years IMO. But still, there are a ton of choices out there for more variate, different power loadous like Atomic/Nuclear, Water etc, and we just got another Lantern power. I would prefer variation.
    • Like x 8
  3. Humane Committed Player

Yes, enough with the lantern powers for the moment.
    • Like x 2
  4. IcicleKidd New Player

Another Elemental i.e water, air would be nice think of all the possibilities. The Atomic/Nuclear would be a Tank no?
  5. IdontDps Committed Player

yea i understand but im saying if they give us all three parts which hl power would you want more?
  6. IcicleKidd New Player

Thoughts if there is another one: Blue: Healer Indigo: Troll Violet: Healer And maybe if possible the White Light Lantern?
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

Next power is more memory added to the PS3.
    • Like x 13
  8. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Ok... so, IF I had to get another HL power.... I´d say that Indigo could be the most interesting choice.

Reason 1) It could provide players with some sort of teleportation, a movement option that has been widely requested. I am personally against it but hey, it would make a lot of people happy and it wouldn´t affect me if I dont choose to use Indigo, so...
    Reason 2) Part of the power of the Indigos was to use the emotional energy of others to fuel their own powers. Since the next power in the rotation would be Troll.... how cool would it be to have an "ability stealer" troll, that could use other´s abilities and attacks for himself? Or even draw power from the enemies.
    • Like x 2
  9. Drakeos New Player

Support Power's maybe ?
  10. IcicleKidd New Player

Don't forget: Hall Of Heroes and Amazon Fury, their still to come maybe with a new movement, power or weapon who knows.
  11. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Technically, they could stop as each role now has 4 powersets.

But for the sake of balance, I do think there will be minimum 3 more powersets added to DCUO before what I hope is a long break.

I say that because the Healer is now the only support roles that does not have its own Lantern powerset.

Meaning that we “should” get misc. Controller power, Lantern Healer power, then misc. Tank power to give us 15 total powers in DCUO or 5 per support role.
    • Like x 2
  12. MugenM422 New Player

Gotta be hope... i didn't know a huge amount about saint walker, or the blue lantern corps, but after reading the New Gaurdians Volume 2 and seeing them defend Odymn, with them augmenting their strength with their blue light, and sheilding and healing with the same light, and Also unlocking their assualt constructs when teamed with a GL.... and all we need os a blue lantern for me to run only with lanterns, and then i will be happy!

i'd love to see see all the rest of the powers in here, but some of them just aren't playable (orange, black and white) but thats no reason to not have them in the War of light part2/3...

as much as i want all of the lanterns in this game, we probably need a rest after WoL 1, but whats the next troll power going to be? i haven't even thought about Trolling with anything but HL, tanks and healer powers yes, but i've never though about what the next controller power would be :S
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

Consider this. To do 1 more power, they'd likely commit to 3 to balance out the roles. After launch, they added Light/Electricity/Earth. They had to do the power revamps (Mental/Gadget/Fire/Ice/Sorcery/Nature) to fix memory hogging animations in order to fit additional powers. This is because the PS3 would often crash because it would run out of memory while playing. They've said historically that was the primary reason for the revamps. They said Light/Electricity/Earth didn't need revamps because they already perform within their expectations. Since the revamples, they've added three new powers...Quantum/Celestian/Rage. They didn't do an animation overhaul of Sorcery/Nature because they said they didn't need to. Spytle has said the next power is more RAM for the PS3...joking. That pretty much tells me, unless they find some new avenue for reducing their memory footprint, they're done adding new powers.
    • Like x 2
  14. Raptor T. Committed Player

I don't know if the healers will get Blue lantern power.. because if you think about it.

Rage has an advantage over will. Tankers have an advantage over controllers.

Hope has an advantage over Rage. Healers have and advantage over tankers.

the only problem is.. Hope doesn't disable Will.. it enhances it.
  15. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

If they are going to stick with the lantern theme it needs to be White and Black Lantern Powers (life and death). That way each faction can has something that feels a little more personal and it will fit the DC Universe mythos.
  16. IcicleKidd New Player

The Ultimate Battle Good Vs Evil: The Full-blown Rage and Deepest Fear vs The Undying Hope and Never Faltering Will.
    • Like x 1
  17. TimeManipulator New Player

Totally agree, next power will be a Troll which Green is the Troll of the lanterns already so it wouldn't make sense to make blue or any other Lantern a Troll. I would think Blue would most likely be Healer class which would be at least several months away. The next dlc is supposed to be Amazonian Fury or whatever. Any ideas on a possible Troll power based within that story arc? Shadow powers were rumored in the past which could be pretty cool but may be too similar to cursed tree from the Celestial power set. I'm a Troll so I'm really looking forward to something new and creative since Rage and Celestial have added some really cool me mechanics to the power sets. I always thought the ability to syphon power from the enemy would be sweet, or damage increasing power out but maybe that's too much of a copy of Celestial.
  18. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Just speculation, but if in WoL #3 Indigo come, then we could not get any powers, but Teleportation movement instead. Healing Lantern for WoL #2 of course & it's probably not Blue (messing Villains), but... Star Sapphires instead. l'm serious, word "Love" as power sounds loud, better than "Hope" or "Compassion" & here maybe different powers, it's suitable for both Heroes & Villains & probably Encasement/Breaker DPS model. Then HoP #2 have Disk movement, just if they make 3 Movements in a row, because if only 1 then going to be CC effects disbalance, because each movement gives resistance for 2 of 3 CC effects. Then AF #3 may contain hulk jump movement mode & HoP #3 - powerful amenity probably. Or HoP #1 amenity, HoP #3 move & HoP #2 - Tank Power, but l wanna it closer to meh & disk move too & amenities may wait.
  19. MugenM422 New Player

Um
    Um... I don't see your point? Healers beat tanks, the blue lanterns (hope) can calm rage and even remove the red ring of red lanterns, so that fits in perfectly... And trolls beat healers, with hope powering will, this also fits in perfectly...
  20. MugenM422 New Player

Black and white wouldn't work. The black lanterns werent actually people, they were more like Nekrons constructs, and the white lanterns were only ever temporary (maybe for a section in a raid? Or a consumable?)
    • Like x 1