Next on Test: Death of Superman Part I

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Next on Test: Death of Superman Part I

The first part of the 3-part Death of Superman storyline is now available for testing on the public test server. All players are invited. PC Membership is NOT currently required to access the test server, and Daybreak accounts are free. We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback! To get started, you can download the test client on PC here.

Part I features an open world version of Metropolis, a new Doomsday, and Superman-themed rewards. Two more parts will release this June.
    Thank you for testing!

The test server is expected to unlock around 5PM PT.
    • Like x 6
  2. somto New Player

3. somto New Player

Thanks i will go on test server right now
    • Like x 1
  4. LucidRage New Player

if we acquire new items will it transfer on to the regular servers?
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

No, it's a test server. It's just for testing. Anything you gain on test will stay on test.
    • Like x 2
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

"What happens on test, stays on test."

Lol.
    • Like x 3
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

It's funny, 'cause it's true.
    • Like x 4
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

did someone sayd hero vs villains? i must have missheared, because it sounded a lot like OPEN WORLD PVP here we come!
  9. TymeBlast Well-Known Player

Interesting to say the least! Can't wait for the new content!
  10. Rektumocepac New Player

I cant find the right thread, but dev is on this one, so ill post it here. Can you improve Heroic hairstyle, or make new long hair style, inspired by Tiger from Suicide Squad Hell to Pay animated movie? [IMG]
  11. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Just one question; is the whole stroyline a trip back in time for the game, since the Superman MEMORIAL Statue is up in Metropolis Centennial Park and the established DCUO canon is DoS took place a while before the Exobyte Release, or did that NOT happen in this?
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

When they say it’s based on Death On Superman... that’s only half true. It’s actually based on the Superman: Doomed story. But that was itself basically the New 52 remake of The Death Of Superman. They mentioned something about Alura locking Doomsday in the Phantom Zone, so that means this must follow on from the Kandor Central Tower raid.
    • Like x 2
  13. Superman/5vperman Level 30

Basically, yeah - "Doomed" is a sequel to DoS moreso than a remake, because DoS kinda/sorta still happened in New52, they just gloss right over it, lol

So by the end of this, I expect we'll be fighting "SuperDoom" to contain him and free Superman from the virus (since Superman is spending all of part 1 in the cloud with Doomsday, it's a pretty easy guess he'll get infected). Which is neat, though I'd prefer to fight an end-raid-worthy Hank Henshaw in Engine City.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think I heard Hank is a weekly bounty in the new zone if that’s any consolation? :)
  15. Disruptor Well-Known Player

That would have problems of its own. Well two of them: The Eradicator and Matrix Supergirl(later Earth Born Angel of Fire Supergirl)

If it follows the comic story line, then we will have two Supermen for a short period of time. The DCUO Superman will be back(the one with the red trunks) Pre-Flashpoint Superman along with his son.
  16. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

You must be new to Test. All good bro. It happens.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Thanks for the clarifications, all.
  18. Superman/5vperman Level 30

Oh, I don't mean in a re-do story - I mean in a "Henshaw uses the Doomsday distraction and a weakened Superman to build a new Engine City. Maybe below Metropolis, or something. Because Death & Return already happened, this would have to be "Engine City 2.0" or something. And while they could just swap Supergirls (nice one remembering Matrix, btw!), it would be cool to see the Eradicator again (though he's more of a villain now, at the moment, he is back in his RoS costume).

We wouldn't have two Supermen, anyway, because the DCUO Superman is, for all intents and purposes, the Pre-Flashpoint Superman - which is why the DCUO Superman is in the "Reborn" suit (the merger of the New52 and PF versions, yes, but he's mainly the PF Superman)
  19. Superman/5vperman Level 30

Oooh! Ok, that IS cool, if true. Hope he's back in his more 'Superman-looking" costume (the Reborn one is nice). He's no longer a Yellow Lantern, after all.
  20. Malivic01 Active Player

Can't wait to see some content that doesn't make me feel like I'm in a Sponge Bob Squarepants episode!