Next in DCUO: New Member Benefits, Game Update, DLC Pack, and More!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Gargamond Dedicated Player

2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Mepps!

Looking forward to all of the shiny new content!
  3. La Shark Dedicated Player

4/29/2014 will be forum fun filled day:)
    • Like x 1
  4. Physique Dedicated Player

Realistically, with all the moving pieces already projected for this update, pushing the DLC launch out is probably a nod to the Customer Service team. If anything goes wrong with the subscriber entitlement part of this or the game update rollout, they are likely to going to be slammed with tickets so waiting a bit on the DLC makes the most sense...
    • Like x 1
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

Thanks for the clarification
  6. Zpirit Dedicated Player

New Combat System: Weapon Mastery

Weapon Mastery – originally planned as a feature of Amazon Fury Part I, but now a FREE new mechanic for ALL players – will also launch when the DLC Pack launches, shortly after Game Update 36. Get your weapons ready for a whole new way to engage in combat in DCUO.

WM isn't part of DLC10 anymore, but it will still drop the same day. So I'm guessing WM & Dlc10 will drop between 4/29 - 5/06 and not a day later. "WM and DLC 10 will follow very shortly"
    • Like x 2
  7. The Johnny army New Player

Sadly, their information channels don't inform that much, apart from the usual slip up when it comes to disclosing news that either weren't meant to be disclosed or are just plain wrong. Checking their forums, there's no mention of any change coming, except for Supergirl being purchasable with marks... Just putting it out there, Prosieben does not inform much and the US forums are still the go to forums even for European players.

So, thanks for clearing the discount bit at least.
    • Like x 1
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

Not exactly true as last summer they revised the HQ timeline to fall after AF which still looks to be the case.

From: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/halls-of-power.201611/page-2#post-2490851

• Like x 1
  9. MentosTroll Loyal Player

why can't they just bundle GU36 and weapon masteries together? both have been in the test server for atleast 2 weeks. I support just delaying GU36 when WM is ready, I don't like having the game radically change multiple times in the span of a week
    • Like x 2
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This was not and has never been the case. We'll share more about the DLC/WM date when we can.
    • Like x 5
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

the dlc is on the test server a month? in total it will be three to four weeks for an alert and 2 duos, 2 visions, and open world? is there a problem being fixed because this guys chomping for some of this new stuff. cant wait to finallt see wm the pc gys had the last few weeks.
  12. DragonBeer New Player

For PS4, will this update involve the full 8GBish download like all of the previous updates?
  13. MidnightTiger Well-Known Player

Will we be informed as to what powers you have changed and the powersets of those powers?
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

never been the case? WM was attached to dlc10 at 1 point. So that would mean at 1 time it was the case and im curious as 2 y we r getting gu36 w/out WM? Doesnt make sense imo at all. The combat is changing so y do 2 updates 4 this stuff? IMO it would b better 2 have gu36 and WM 2gether.
    • Like x 1
  15. chipzes Committed Player

Here. We have been informed regularly for a few weeks now ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Get your weapons ready for a whole new way to engage in combat in DCUO.

How does one prep your weapon for Weapon Mastery?
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes. This will unfortunately be the case for PS4 until PlayStation completes their patching system improvements.
    • Like x 4
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Game Update 36 and DLC 10 are not the same/will not release at the same time.
    • Like x 4
  19. KALEL18 Well-Known Player

ehh, i wont be playing until tuesday.. may be.. No weapon mastery in update = no legendary membership for me. dont want to waste a month of play for an update thats has me waitiing.
    • Like x 1
  20. SERPENTXOFXGOD Well-Known Player

Atlesst your trying to give us legendary members something. I still wish we had a legendary tree that grows by yearly and consistency. O btw you guys didn't forget about changing back our original plasma color back to the original color?
    • Like x 1