Next For DCUO: Feat Unlocking!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just the feats - you do not get any items or styles for unlocking the feat with replay badges.
    • Like x 2
  2. El El Committed Player

Love you devs :)

But Mepps im still waiting for Mist Auras
    • Like x 4
  3. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

Dude im working hard on feat 165sp ... And my prob is farming and its normal , some ppl good at something and bad in something else , i donnw how much time u play But if u know or remember 1st pvp feat ... ( wes 250 wins or more for 50 point NoT 50 wins for 50 point ) and i finish all pvp feat before the update of the pvp feat so Yes ill be glad if they will do something about is . normal
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

You just need to work harder.

Here was my timeline for the Gather feats:
    10000: January 7, 2013
    15000: February 28, 2013
    20000: March 22, 2013
    25000: April 12, 2013
    • Like x 3
  5. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

So, any chance that the repetive feats will be based on the account...so if I've run 50 Toyman missions on one character, 10 on a second and 40 on a third I can clear the run 100 TM missions feat :p
    • Like x 2
  6. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I understand the style not being given when they feat is unlocked - and this is a great addition to game

As the new UI is developed, would it be possible to have something similar to the "marketplace's redeem purchase" feature for styles.

So, once the feat is unlocked for one toon (via replay purchase) the style set then goes into the players account bound styles. That style piece could then be redeemed by any toon (just the style).

I'm weeping tears of joy that the feat unlock is so widespread and that it does include style feats - I'm just putting this forward as something to consider.

Players could then have the ability to create a new toon using their account bound styles right after entering the Braniac ship. Once a player has leveled a couple toons the notion of 'chasing styles' for that perfect look is a little less exciting, simply because we already know all the styles. I'm sure many would love to have that perfect looking toon when they leave the brainiac ship.

Of course, for new players the experience would remain the same, because they have no feats to unlock.
    • Like x 2
  7. Monte L. May New Player

Oh Wow. This is Awesome News!!! Thank you Captain!
    • Like x 1
  8. TheDarkRedbird Active Player

Oh my! I love this! This is amazing! Awesome pricing, and mostly, I expected that the feat-unlocking would be something like the rent of the bases and such, but no, apparently once you unlock a feat you'll keep it forevah! Awesome awesome awesome!!

I personally am one of those guys who has more than just one alter ego and I like to play with my alts every now and then, almost as much as my main, and damn! These are great news! The Hype is real guys!! Bravo DCUO
    • Like x 1
  9. Nekron New Player

Can't wait for this! I do have one thing to say though. I know this will most likely happen but something to think about. If you really wanted to encourage multiple characters, maybe seperate game content. For example you give options during character creation however they don't really effect much. Mentors are a great idea, however why am I only getting a few mentor specific missions? Honestly, making a new character is a pain because I'm basically replaying the game all over since there really isn't exclusive content for the options provided. Same thing with villains. I have a villain character so why am I running the same alerts/raids/duos/ect.. I know both sides face brainiac and such but why not mix it up alittle so it doesn't feel like a complete re-do.
  10. Kenesu1 New Player

So if I use sharing to complete a style feat, but don't get the style say for will I be locked from ever being able to get that style or will it still be available? ( example; feat for completing collections will it lock out the collection and make it unavailable?)
  11. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

noob.;)
    i got that in troll stance the week home turf was released.
  12. kraptastic Well-Known Player

I understand why you did this. However for me this is a slap in the face for the time and effort spent making my alts. I have played since launch and have 6 characters over 120sp without any grind feats at all. (Love pvp so those I dont consider them a grind as I had them long before they were 50...but 500 alerts n duos sheesh). I find it just an absolute money grab now as replays are going to be abused to have a ton of 120 sp toons with all 90 geared out and no skill.
    The feats won on a character as they level should teach the mechanics as they are A FEAT to get. Not anymore. Tragic. But let the money and almighty dollar ruin this game. Profit is great...greed is a killer for me.
    • Like x 1
  13. Aren Sul Committed Player

I think this is yet another GREAT idea from DCUO. I'm the type of player who loves to level as many toons as I can in all the games I play. Each time you try out a different power it adds a different slant to the game. However when it comes to feats, many are the same no matter which alt you're using. While some do require decent skill (for you purists out there) a number of them are easy but time-consuming (e.g. Fan Boy) and become boring when repeated. Those are fun to do once, not so much twice and stretching it the third time.

So kudos on another winning idea and thank you!
    • Like x 1
  14. Little Sister New Player

No skill ? You can only buy Feats that you have already gotten. And FYI, there are only a handful of Feats that actually require skill. ;)
    • Like x 13
  15. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

See told you all some one would call this a cash grab XD its not its a awesome edition. I have 162 sp on my main now i can progress my alt without two yrs of grind. Who cares if other ps can get the sp faster then I did I enjoyed the ride, its a game your suppose to have fun.
    • Like x 5
  16. Jamie New Player

Great news I just wish that the movement mode and role feats were included. I was planning on creating a couple extra toons just for the movement mode feats and now I'm glad that I didn't.
  17. Electron New Player

Way to kill the game... It's cool to unlock grindy feats and everything, but why do you think half or more of the game population even runs alerts/raids T2-4 anymore? Maybe T4 for marks...for now. Good luck finding a groups to run T4 Inner alert, Fos raids.. I'm not going to keep listing. People kept running it to get styles they needed, if not for their mains, then for their alts.
    As if it wasn't hard enough to get groups for this stuff... I'm sure if this was out now, a decent chunk of people wouldn't be running the new 4-man ops at all once they finished the style and feats on one toon.
  18. Dogico Loyal Player

You can't please everyone haha. I like this, might actually use the quantum troll I've had shelved for months.
    • Like x 2
  19. Original Kal Well-Known Player

I approve! Now I can even out my 6 toons, to a point. :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Will Power Loyal Player

Soon enough for Tax Season you Rock Devs.
    • Like x 1