New weapon idea

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by JeremyLacuna, Oct 20, 2016.

1. JeremyLacuna New Player

I know new weapons such as the shield require alot of work on the development end. I also know after weapon mastery was announced the devs said there would be no more weapons added. However, the stat revamp opens up a few options. Especially if we ended up with the option to mastery into any secondary or tertiary weapon we wanted (I know this hasn't been announced...just a personal wishlist item). One of those options could be a new weapon & I have an idea how to fit in what could potentially be the most popular weapon class in the game. The benefits would include some beautifully animated, flashy combos rivaling the staff in elegance & fluidity...as well as combining a few weapons I know folks have been asking for for years. The weapon class could be named something along the lines of ranged melee weapons (single AND dual wield variations). And BOY do I have some ideas for weapons to go in this class

Whip-this 1 has to be the most requested weapon I've seen in the last 4 years. Would be perfect for any Catwoman or Indiana Jones toons

Kunai-this could come in multiple variations...attached to a rope (early Mortal Kombat Scorpion)...attached to a chain (later iterations of Scorpion)...or attached to a wire (think the 3rd Blade movie). The last one could even be sold at the vendor in Gotham Under Siege with all the other pretty, glittery weapons

Whip blade-i didn't know what else to call it but the closest example I can think of is Ivy's sword from Soul Caliber

Vines-just like Poison Ivy, Swamp Thing, or Groot

Retractable whips-a la Omega Red or Mortal Kombat X's Takahashi Takeda

Hooked chain-Lobo

Flaming chain-Ghost Rider

Cat O Nine Tails?-I think that's what Vanille used in Final Fantasy XIII

Chain blades-couldn't make a list like this without including Kratos' Blades of Chaos or the weapons you wield in Heavenly Sword

Nunchucku-duh

Grapple hook

Let me know what you guys think could also be added to this class. I think it has the potential to be the most beautiful & interesting weapon class in the game. Let's discuss
  2. JeremyLacuna New Player

Dang it. I forgot to mention the yo-yo. Lol
  3. Cyro Committed Player

mepps said on discord that one the whip isnt actually in game just an animation and 2 new weapons arent happening
  4. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Oh hey these are some new and innovative ideas /s

It's not happening. Transformable weapons aren't technically possible in DCUO and any new weapon development would take too much effort for not enough monetization.
    Instead of keeping up the dream of whips and chains it would be far more realistic and beneficial for us to push for free WM combinations and separate equipped weapons for melee and ranged attacks. Those would open up tons of new ways to play the game with tech and assets that already exist instead of expensive development of a new weapon type with 5 new combos and a dozen new styles.
  5. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

I agree about the "no new crazy weapon styles" but the attributes or damage type could be changed as well.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/new-weapon-idea-for-devs.258585/

^
    This is my idea of new weapons.
  6. KidPhillip Well-Known Player

I like hand blasters but I want a variant of it

Energy Porjectiles like Starfire would be cool.