New trinket pet request

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cyro, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Cyro Committed Player

In game we have plenty of love for dps trinket pets(seems like we get one every dlc) but we have very little support role pets, more unique pets, and more unique trinkets the ones we do have are outdated or not the useful, remember the central city trinket? People used that multiple dlcs after it came out because it was still a good trinket that added a new way to play i and im sure many others would like more things like that added to the game so i below is a list of possible new pets/trinkets

Tank Pets
    -Pet that heals you (backups heals dont seem that useful
    -Pet that shields you for full damage and one for partial damage(Not sure if boos shields scale)
    -Pet that stuns reliably (Boos stuns seem too inconsistent)

Tank Trinkets
    - Trinket that adds dom like the health
    - Trinket that adds damage reduction(like 5% over 30 seconds for example)
    - Trinket That transfers a portion of damage from the person in group taking the most amount of damage(like reinforce. This allows tanks to not just be damage sponges but to help the group survive)
    - Trinket that gives you a hot or a heal each time you are attacked (just you not the group)

Heal Pets
    - Pet that heals the group(there is already a pet like this but its from the spring seasonal and doesnt stack)
    - Pet that gives the group a shield both partial and full(since its a group it would have to be weak or have a long cooldown and make it only for heals so the whole group cant run it)

Heal Trinkets
    - Trinket that adds dom like the resto one
    - Trinket that adds heal crits like the resto one
    - Trinket that gives the group a shield both partial and full(since its a group it would have to be weak or have a long cooldown and make it only for heals so the whole group cant run it)

Troll Pets
    - Pet that gives a pot to the group
    - Pet that stuns
    - Pet that gives weak debuffs that stack with troll debuffs
    - Pet that gives normal strength debuffs that dont stack with troll debuffs

Troll Trinkets
    - Trinket that increase power crits like the vit one
    - Trinket that gives pot to the group
    - Trinket that gives weak buffs to the group(only useable by troll and perhaps long cooldown to make them stronger while not op)

Dps Pets
    - Pet that doesnt do much or any damage but gives crits
    - Pet that doesnt do much or any damage but boasts damage while out
    - Pet that does weak damage that doesnt split so on large groups of adds its better

Dps Trinkets
    - Trinket that gives increase crits like the prec/might
    - Trinket that boasts a specific thing like sc damage, finisher, damage, or pet damage

Misc Trinket
    - Trinket that boasts sc regen
    - Trinket that gives the user power (summer one doesnt scale)

I know some of the things i have suggested are kind of in the game but like i said they dont scale also there is no reason why dps should get new dps stuff every dlc and support rolls have to settle for seasonal stuff.

I also know that some of the things i brought up were a little niche but that are designed with different artifact playstyles in mind like to help expand on them and to add more variety to playstyles that isnt locked behind artifacts

It would also be cool if this new stuff dropped in a loot like box so we can choose different options on strength for example you could have a trinket that adds 1% crit increase thats active for 20 seconds or one that gives you 5% increase thats active for 20 seconds but with a 2min cooldown to add even more variety to playstyles
    • Like x 9
  2. Brit Loyal Player

I would like a Healing Pet that only heals. One that doesn't even know how to attack.

I die a little inside when I watch the Sorcery Watcher waste a full bar of power with it's sub-par attacks and then not be able to heal when people take damage.
  3. Jirico New Player

I love to play with pets and I would like to have more options, pet builds should receive more love. I also believe in some cases multiple permanent pets should be allowed: Sorcery pet and Robot Sidekick... if you spend one skill point and reduce your power regeneration x2 I think that's a fair handicap.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I am all for pets of all kinds! I love having them and we need more to fit people's themes and such! I would love an Eagle or Lion for my Amazon character. I already have Deep Sea Slayer and Seahorse for my Atlantean but I wouldn't be opposed to having more sea creatures like a miniature version of the Sea Beast from Atlantis or a Pufferfish!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I mentioned on the Live Stream YouTube page that it didn't go for more than 4 minutes before they showed a floating Motherbox. Now that would be a nice Pet Trinket.

And my idea for a DPS Pet Power would be a bonus mattering on how many DOTs you have going at the same time.

2 = 2%
    3 = 3%
    4 = 4%
  6. Cyro Committed Player

I die inside when watcher wastes power healing itself like youre not important save the healing for someone i actually care about
    • Like x 1
  7. Darth Morgan New Player

Because I've only recently started playing DCUO again a few weeks ago, I wasn't around when most of today's functions and systems were implemented. And yet, I can still see the excellence of this idea. Thank you for the thought and effort put into it, Cyro.
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

For the healing portion I'd want a burst/HoT/ option for pets/trinkets. That's something we dont have even now with all the pets.

1 can lay a AoE heal like waters solace of the sea for HoT or bioelectric surge from electric for the burst.