New to PC-How do I invite other into my League

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by >>>KIra<<<, Aug 19, 2019.

1. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I googled it and there was no info on how to invite anyone to my league. I also typed in /help to bring up commands and there was no info on which command key sends the invite. I pressed every key on the keyboard and still nothing. I got extremely frustrated. I am a PS4 player for many, many years and it is extremely easy to use all the commands. But the PC is a diffrenet animal. I even had the other person invited me to group and even in a group I could not figure out the commant key to invite a person to my league. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much
    • Like x 1
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay not sure what platform you are playing the game on and it probably differs but I use my computer on PC/PS4 US. ON that platform you have several options...

1. If you are close to the potential member click on your F4 key and bring up the social menu. Then hit the "nearby" tab and anyone close by will appear in a small menu. Click the name of the player you wish to invite and a new menu with options will drop down. Simply click on the on that says "Invite to league" and you are done!

2. If you are not close the process is similar but if you are chatting with that player.. use the F4 key again. Click on "Recent Text". Then click on the name of the player you are chatting with that you wish to send the invite to. At that point the process is the same.. simply pick the invite to league option and click.

Now since a Playstation console does not have an F4 key the process is different but it also has a "Social Menu" so do whatever you have to do to pull that up and the process is the same after that. This is also true, I assume, for Xbox and Switch(Nintendo)
    • Like x 2
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OH lol I REALLY need to spend more time absorbing all the info. So you ARE looking for instructions on PC. OK you got them o_O Good luck
    • Like x 1
  4. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I was able to get them into a group, but i was not able to use the mouse to click on anything. omly after using the / slash the mouse becomes available. I pressed f4 and nothing happened. I am at work and when i get home i will try f4 again but not surte if that will work. Does any of this make sense
  5. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Is there a forward slash command that you can use to invite people instead? Also, make sure you have the permission highlighted in your league rank to invite others to your league.
    • Like x 1
  6. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

The forward slash does not allow those commands but only chat I think. I basically tried everything and hit every key on the keyboard but could not figure it out :(
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

Open the League management screen, "o" by default.. Hit the "roster" tab. There is a button that says "invite member" at the bottom of the menu. Hit that and you can type the name.

[IMG]
  8. myandria Item Storage

Ahh ok. I know you can use it to report someone so I thought you could invite someone as well.
    • Like x 1
  9. myandria Item Storage

That works for inviting people that are not in a league?
    • Like x 1
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm not sure what you mean. To invite someone to a league, you have to be in a league and have invitation privileges. But what I outlined sends someone an invite to the league you are in. If they are already in a league, they'll need to leave it before you can invite.
    • Like x 2
  11. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Thank you so much, I didn't notice that before but i know i can bring up the league management. So i will defineately try this, thanks again
  12. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Thank you so much, I didn't notice that before but i know i can bring up the league management. So i will defineately try this, thanks again
  13. Rainnifer Committed Player

F4 and buttons like that only work when you don't have the chat menu "active" such as the forward slash thing you were doing. You can press ESC to "exit" the chat menu, making your mouse and the forward slash or blinking bar go away so that you're focused on the game, then you will be able to press F4 to open that menu. Which will let you use your mouse again for it.
    • Like x 1
  14. myandria Item Storage

Well, what I mean is, I didn't know that you can invite someone that is NOT in your league to your league using the league management menu. I thought the league management menu only shows people in your league, not outside your league. From what I understood (or not, perhaps), the OP is trying to invite people to their league on the PC side and is having a hard time.
  15. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Thank you so much, it is so frustrating sometimes. The ps4 is so easy for me but the pc seems so awkward
  16. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

This worked like a charm, thank you so much
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

F4 and clicking on a name and press "Invite to League" is another. It's the same as "invite to group" and "tell" and all the other F4 functions.
    • Like x 1
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If F4 isn't working, double-check your key bindings. But that shouldn't happen unless you already changed your key bindings. (They're in the Settings/Options along with all the other Settings and Options.)
    • Like x 1
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

See, as a PC user, I still find the PS controller so awkward and confusing and non-intuitive.

It's just a matter of what you're used to and practiced at.
    • Like x 1
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

ever thought of using your ps4 controller in dcuo? also, xbox one and xbox 360 controllers are natively supported.

http://ds4windows.com/
    • Like x 1