New to Celestial Healing

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Red Templar, May 13, 2015.

1. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Hello everyone. I recently created a Celestial healer. I have her up to CR 98 right now.

I have read both guides on the forums, and the DCUO Blog Guide, Celestial a Healing guide.

I was just wondering if any of the more experienced Celestial players had any tips or tricks for me to help me along the way.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
  2. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Hope your enjoying celestial :)

Well there are multiple healer loadouts, but the most common and used one is DL, Blessing, Renew, CS, AcB, Sacrifice. This is the safe mode loadout for all the end hard content. I use this.

Other Celestial veterans use other ones.

Remander uses a multi Heal over Time loadout. I'm sure he'll shed some light on that.

Others use a battle healer loadout, where precision based damage gets converted into heals, when McB is active. The ratio of precision to Restoration is 1:4 I believe?

Celestial healing is pretty easy once you get the hang of it, and it is fun also!
    • Like x 1
  3. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Thank you for the advice. Right now I am running just the load out from DCUO Blog Guide, but if I get into Like I have with Gadgets my power bar will only make sense to me after a while. I will try out the load out you gave me.

I know they can run as battle healers, and put out good damage, but I think I should first Learn the ins and out of healing in general before I get fancy with it.
  4. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

The safest loadout is the one that darkened mentioned. If you're not completely sure you can soloheal a mission, go for that one as it has everything you need. Although it is possible for you to replace the supercharge if you're afraid you'll get knocked out.

There are many ways to heal with celestial, once you learn the basics, experiment to find a loadout that works for you.

Remember to clip like a madman with celestial, when healing or dpsing. Celestial becomes a whole different beast when you clip properly.

Don't worry about celestial overwrites too much, as there is a loadout that completely avoids all overwrites (Credit goes to Supreme Monarch).
    • Like x 1
  5. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Oh I have a question. On some powers I do the combo and I raise up like I am going to do something and then nothing happens at all.

What am I missing.
  6. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

There's a few different reasons. I can perform all combos just fine, so I don't think there's any problem with the game.
    It could be due to:
    A) You're performing the wrong combo. Just double check your combos before you start a mission.
    B) You're performing it too early/late. When your character performs the spell, press the first button. Then when they bring their arms up to their chest, press the second button.
    C) You have a dodgy controller preventing the combos going off.

I'd recommend just practicing them all on a sparring target until you get used to the combos. The most awkward one for me which I frequently screw up is CScWoTP, the rest are pretty easy.
    • Like x 2
  7. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Thank you. I didn't know about the arm thing. I've been trying to press them as fast as pssible
  8. metalfenix Committed Player

I have a lot of problems with AcB, wich is supposed to be a HoT combo, but I can't pull it off. It's supposed to be admonish-> melee tap-> range hold . but for some reason, I don't seem to pull it at all. I can do the single button combos (like the smite one) but for the life of me I can't do two button combos.

Maybe that's what I'm missing? I'll try it tomorrow.
    • Like x 1
  9. metalfenix Committed Player

Tested it a moment ago... and worked like a charm :D , finally I'm able to pull (sometimes) AcB, I always thought that the raising arms was the final part of the combo, not the moment to hold range. Why the game does not explain that?!?!? Now I have to figure how to make my toon raise the arms after admonish more often (at the tap melee step), sometimes the combo fails at that point.

But thanks again!
    • Like x 1
  10. Tilz Loyal Player

damn.. so darkened and rudger were faster than me... :D
    Welcome to celestial healing^^

@metalfenix:
    It's just practice. ;)
    Admonish: Press Power - tap melee (arme raise) - hold melee for the cleansed blight animation.
    It's important to practice those combos (and it will get better.. :D).
    This is why man ppl avoid celestial, the time you need to get the combos fast and the clipping fast takes some time :D

@Red Templar:
    Basically what rudger and darkened said.
    And yes, before you start battlehealing you shoud "learn" the normal healing (it'S not that hard^^)
    Here are some loadout idea:

Safemodehealing/standard:
    Renew cCurse, Admonish cBlight, Consume Soul, Blessing cDeath Mark, Divine Light, Concecrated Ground or Sacrifice as Super Charge (up to you, both are great)

Multi-Hot (Remander)
    Admonish cBlight, Wrath of the Presence cConsume Sould (the HoT is on the combopart - no overwriting with the COnsume Soul HoT), Consume Soul (optional combo to cWrath of the Presence --> nice in melee/midrange for some damage), Divine Light, Blessing, Super Charge
    --> You can also kick Blessing or Divine Light for another HoT like Benediction cMalediction (HoT when target attacks) or Malediction cBenediction (HoT when you make precision damage).

Burst Heal
    Renew cCurse, Admonish (optional Combo cBlight), Blight cAdmonish, Divine Light, Blessing or Guardians Light, Sacrifice

Had alot of fun with the burst heal loadout in Survival Mode... all loadouts work great

Battlehealing
    yes darkened 1:4 ratio (prec : resto) is a good point to start with it.
    • Like x 2
  11. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

Don't worry, it took me a while to figure that out as well as I decided to learn it without any help from guides when it first came out. I didn't know how to perform the combos until level 25 when I stopped levelling and spent 30 minutes trying everything.

They could definitely explain it a little better, but then again the entire tutorial system needs an overhaul.

And as for the combo, you need to find the sweet spot during the animation to press the buttons. I believe for admonish it's when the yellow shards are near the end, then press the button. I remember Admonish being fairly forgiving compared to some of the other combos. I'm sorry I can't really provide much more because most of the combos feel natural at this point.

Just keep trying, the combos take a while to learn off by heart.
    • Like x 2
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Oh, the time I spent at the sparring targets. The timing on some combos is tricky, particularly the ones in which you are up in the air. The one I still tend to mess up from time to time is WotPcCS. You have to time that first input after WotP just right. Also, Celestial is very lag sensitive, unfortunately. If you have lag on a regular basis, it's probably best to not even use Celestial.

Agree with the above. I have two multi-HoT armories. One is for pure healing and emphasizes resto. The other is for battle healing and emphasizes precision. They play fairly similarly, though.

Pure heal multi-HoT: AcB, McB, CS (+/-cWotP), WotPcCS, Blessing, CG

Battle healing multi-HoT: AcB, McB, CS (+/-cWotP), WotPcCS, Blessing, CI

I pretty much rotate the HoTs from left to right, but can break out and adjust to the situation by, for instance, hitting another Admonish, using CS without combo, throwing Blessing. You can play both builds from range or melee. I was running the new solo content last night in battle healer spec and totally wrecking the mobs around the bounty boss location. It was glorious! Love this powerset!
    • Like x 1
  13. EP Ice Loyal Player

Is it true that the power trees have to match in order to do the combos? I mean if I have admonish then I have to blight in order for the combo to work, right?
  14. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

Yes.
    • Like x 2
  15. Tilz Loyal Player

True.. the Wrath of the Presence combo is the one you mess up the most :D
  16. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

Actually I realised I screwed up and it won't let me edit.

The combo I screw up most is WoTPcCS. Don't start saying that the consume souls combo is easy and that i'm an idiot, okay? I'm not *that* bad.
    • Like x 1
  17. chaotic3430 Committed Player

I battle heal in alerts sometimes because it is more fun:
    AcB, McB, CScWOTP, DL, Blessing, RcW

But for Solo Healing Raids, I like this rotation:
    AcB, Renew(optional combo), CS, DL, Blessing, CG or CI
    • Like x 1
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

I was gonna say something, but my comrades have already covered everything. :D

I will say this though, celestial IMO is the best healing power and very dynamic. Once you master the combos, everything falls into place.
    • Like x 3
  19. Kohina Well-Known Player

I don't know why but out all the combos in Celestial, I always tend to messed up WotPcCS for some reason. I mean the combo sequences is the same as CScWotP but the timing and animations are very tricky which makes me wanna not use WotP because I hate messing up my combos.:p

As for the battle healing my gosh, I think the battle healing is probably one of the most fun things about Celestial. Gotta love been on 2 or 3 in the scoreboard while running a alert or Raid as a healer.:D
  20. PickledBuddha New Player

always a great place to start but honestly you kinda just have to feel your way around. Youtube has some great stuff out there too and you can see the rotation usage
    • Like x 1