New tmnt trailer.........OMG.....

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Meta Flare, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Meta Flare New Player

2. MercPony Devoted Player

Its better than the first trailer but... I'm still really "eh" on the looks of the turtles... I keep being reminded of Shrek when I look at them lol
    • Like x 3
  3. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

o_O why is there a transformer in the film?
    • Like x 3
  4. Mont New Player

Looks better then the 1st 3
  5. Meta Flare New Player

See, I was initially put off by their looks but it's grown on me and I think the look ok. Besides it seems to have the same spirit that I'd expect but modern. I don't know f that made sense....
  6. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Looks great but all these new films have too much CGI for me.

I miss the good old days of talented make up artists and quality prosthetics!
  7. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

They do look a little weird, but it might be ok.
    Remember the OG books before they got all kiddied up when the Turtles actually used their weapons?

The funniest part was when I was forced to watch an advertisement before I was allowed to watch an advertisement. lol
  8. Tule New Player

Two things about that trailer I liked.

Looks like Raph might be the main character, or at least have an important role for a part of the film when he says "Lets go save my brothers"

They called out their own stupid idea for them to be aliens.

Hi tech shredder turned me off a little at first, but if he is throwing blades instead of lasers, could work.
    • Like x 1
  9. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

What I find funny, I bought the original Eastman/Laird black and white comics back in the early 80's. They originally started as a parody of the Frank Miller run on Daredevil and satirized the commercialization of comic book characters. When they sold the comic, it very quickly became the very thing it was satirizing. This trailer would have fit in with the original book as a parody of action movies.
    • Like x 1
  11. Meta Flare New Player

I like his movies. Also he seems to be the only person willing to try and make these movies. I feel like most people just say all the negative crap abut his movies to seem cool but in reality they go see the movies. I know I'm not the only one going, the movies do really well.
  12. Korlick Loyal Player

Ok Michael Bay, you have convinced me.
    • Like x 1
  13. Breakforce Loyal Player

I am totally stoked and I don't care what anyone says.

I do like that each Turtle has their own unique look, rather than just the same basic body with a different color mask.
    • Like x 2
  14. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Nah, his movies are pretty awful. His trailers look good because his movies are just 2 hour trailers, barely stitched together plots to get to the "good parts". All he makes is "Action ****." I wouldn't mind as much if he did this with his own creations like "Bad Boys" but he seems to keep getting to do this with beloved franchises...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Action ****
  15. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

[IMG]

I am glad they went more so w/ the gritty realistic Turtle styling depicted in Dave Rapoza's artwork. I couldn't deal w/ yet another lack luster turtle adaptation that just keeps getting dumbed down like they keep doing w/ the cartoons. Why does the animation industry want to turn everything into Teen Titans Go?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Meta Flare New Player

What do you want them to be? It's transformers and tmnt. The story is the same as always. Big robots fight each other, and turtles make jokes and fight things. I don't get what you want them to be, they ARE action movies, not dramas.

I don't know you at all but it seems like you go into these movies with bad preconceptions and it doesn't allow you to enjoy them because they are shows from your childhood (mine too). Did you have the same complaint about gi joe? Is the same concept. It's over the top action movies based on ridiculous cartoons or comics.
    • Like x 1
  17. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I seem to recall the Transformers having distinct personalities... Where's that dynamic between Star Scream and Megatron, or the dutiful and loyal Soundwave? It's been 3 movies can you remember anything about the characters besides Bumblebee and Optimus? Seriously when was the last time anyone cared about any of the characters in a Michael Bay movie?

Let's watch Megatron save Optimus Prime's life, only to have the Autobot leader reject his call for truce by killing him. Then Optimus kills an already defeated Sentinel Prime by shooting him in the back of the head. It's stuff like this that make me yearn for "leaping frog Yoda."

At least G.I.Joe gets the characters right.
    • Like x 1
  18. Meta Flare New Player

i guess we will just have to agree to disagree. i like them and you dont.

i bet you go see tmnt though...
  19. kemj25 New Player

I genuinely dislike Transformers 2 and 3. I thought they were objectively bad. And there are bad movies I like. For example, I enjoy Judge Dredd with Stallone.

But Transformers were BORING. I don't care about Sam in a TRANSFORMERS movie. When the robots were fighting, it was alright. I say "alright" and not "good" because all the Decepticons looked the same so the action was sometimes hard to follow. Most of the characters are one-note, the comedy is purely juvenile and doesn't hit for me, they fake out killing Optimus Prime too many times, the Transformers are side characters in their own movies, and the fighting sequences are less than a third of the movie.

So there, I gave reasons as to why I don't like them. I'm not just trying to be cool.
    And as for other Michael Bay movies, I'm trying to remember all the ones I've seen. I saw Pearl Harbor and I thought that was downright offensive.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

For me Bay movies(transformers mostly) are the camera work, most of the time during the action I'm like "what the hell is going on?"
    • Like x 1