New Targeting Not Working

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Lyndi, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Lyndi Well-Known Player

All of my characters do not use autolock for targeting. the reason is: 1. the targeting system has a habit of targeting either inanimate objects or adds on the other side of the room instead of the one in front of you and 2. I play a tank and when I'm tanking, I am constantly spinning my camera looking for teammates that are in trouble so I can pull the adds off them. The old targeting system when you did not have it set to autolock, whatever adds you put the reticule on, you got unlocked targeting on them, making it simply a matter of hitting inescapable storm to pull them away from teammates. With the new targeting, the NON autolock setting works just like the autolock setting. I get the unlocked targeting brackets on an add and even though I move my camera and put the reticule on another add the original is still "locked". This is not acceptable.
    • Like x 18
  2. Hardwired New Player

I love the new targeting. I can look straight at you with my rifle pointed dead center of your chest, not locked on ANYTHING else, and when I pull the trigger, the gods decide my round has to hit the guy way off to the right, offscreen, that neither of us even knew was there. I call it spy catcher =P

Seriously though, I'm with ya Lyndi, this latest update was total fail, and not just this new targeting 'system'.
  3. Jeff Bond Committed Player

Lol.. Spy catcher had its merits I'm sure but I'd rather aim at the giant thing about to step on me thanks.
  4. E.M.Peacekeeper New Player

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I figured they had finally figured out the "perfect" algorithm, but I find myself attacking stuff 90 degrees to the side, off screen much of the time.

The old system wasn't great, but at least it left me in control. Mostly. :p
  5. Green Lantern New Player

It does seem like the targeting got even dumber.
  6. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

so did this update bring anything at all that actually worked 100% fine the way ti was meant to without bringing any xtra bugs?
  7. The Hornet New Player

I've experienced the same frustration with the "wtf? I didn't wan't that guy!" targeting agro'ing mobs I didn't mean to fight, coupled with the knockbacks/knockdowns, rolls, etc. combat can get pretty frustrating. I wish I could lock a target without having to keep holding the targeting button. Seems pretty simple, and it'd make it a hell of a lot easier in the T5 raids. Also, cycling through the available targets with a simple tap of L1 would be great. I can easily and manually re-center the camera with the right stick.
  8. Dump Truck New Player

I agree. The new targetting system is far worse than the previous. If I hold L1 to lock my target, it will automatically switch when they are out of range. This is with auto lock off. I notice it randomly switches targets at will as well while holding L1. As much as I did not like the old system, I prefer it over this new targetting.
  9. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

If you use the d pad you can cycle thru adds while holding L1. This won't fix the current problem but may help in the short term.
  10. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Targeting is definitely messed up after update. Rifle is even worse you try to do a back flip & u do an about face and do a front roll away from target.
  11. Lyndi Well-Known Player

USPC no D-pad. Besides as stated above by another poster, if I use the "cycle" button on PC, I have to cycle through tons of adds to get to the one I want. Wastes time and all the while my teammate is getting hammered
  12. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I get ya, I miss being able to unlock my target and swing the camera. Still might be somewhat easier if you use a controller but its not the fix your lookin for. I haven't quite figured out what the advantage to the new system is supposed to be but I'm sure it'll get ironed out. Hope things go well for ya. Take care buddy.
  13. Blue Chromite New Player

The new targeting systems is horrible, what ever happened to "if it's not broken don't fix it", come on fix it right or don't fix it at all.
  14. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

I will throw my vote into targetting needing massive fixes. Don't get me started on the stupidity that is the gotham wasteland mob spawning pool with a targetting system that won't target the thing right in front of you that is killing you.
  15. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

The reason for the New targeting system was because of HL fan glitch ppl were doing. Either way the game has been getting far more broken after update 26 with each update it gets worse and worse. They do 1 good thing which.doesn't work 100% but according to them it's 'working as intended ' lol and they take 7steps back and mess a whole bunch of stuff
    • Like x 1
  16. Rok Var Well-Known Player

Seems to target everything except what I want. Sucks to have to run up on a boss just to get a target lock then back off. Meanwhile it's trying to lock on a barrel on the other side of the galexy.
  17. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Here a situation where I was in three adds literally in front off me and one add about few steps away (in-game wise ) and I was going after the three adds in front of me because the add in the far back wasn't attacking.me or even paid attention so I started my attack and for w.e reason when I popped one of my melee power it lunged over all there adds and focus on that one. I don't know why,how or what they did, but it happens in duos as well when I'm fighting bunch of mobs and theres like environment items like vases and benches or w.e and after few hits it automatically switch and go to the objects lol. Unless u keep holding the L1 button and switch it ur self no matter how u position ur toon or camera it will for w.e reason look at other things BUT THE ADDS