New Soder Cola Turbo pricing is more than a bit off

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by blklightning, Mar 19, 2014.

1. blklightning New Player

This is a soder that gives less health and power than Next gives, but costs 3120 MoT and $2100? This means that only Legendary players can purchase the item. Most Legendaries I know would have a friend make Nexts or them or just buy them at the broker.

The idea that ONE HALF stack of Turbos costs just 5 MoT less than one month's rent for any given Boost II on the Home Turf Mainframe seems hugely disproportionate.

I, for one, would never waste a month's worth of rent for a 6-pack of Coke/Pepsi/Beer. LOL
    • Like x 56
  2. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

yea that is just stupid. I don't know anyone who would buy that. in fact I know a lot of people who would just give away stacks of free next soders just so they can get their create feats.
    • Like x 7
  3. Little Sister New Player

That is equal to 1 T6 Mark. When T6 comes out it will be very easy to get.

As for Legendary players being the only ones able to purchase, not true. There is Escrow.
    • Like x 3
  4. blklightning New Player

Escrow or not... can you see a premium breaking into their bank for a half stack?

That it's the equivalent of 1 t6 mark doesn't mean much to me. How many people do you know how will waste marks while they're gearing up?

Would you spend your hard earned 10x Marks of Tier 6 on 5 stacks of a soda that's less effective than a Next?
    • Like x 16
  5. Green Lantern New Player

Yeah being Premium I'm totally not missing anything there.
    • Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

now you know nobody with any since uses escrow you might as well burn money. For what it cost for those you might as well sub.
    • Like x 3
  7. Tikkun Loyal Player

Crafting Next costs about the same and doesn't use marks.

Buying Next is between $7000-$8500 on the broker without a plan.

Premiums can still trade a legendary some exos for sodas so I'm not concerned there.

Overall I agree, the soda vendor should offer better perks for the cost.
    • Like x 4
  8. TrueOlympus New Player

Usually I don't wanna down vote your posts.... but that comment deserves one.
    • Like x 15
  9. Little Sister New Player

Those Soders are more for players who have the extra Marks to spend, not for players struggling to catch up to waste marks on.
    • Like x 3
  10. Little Sister New Player

You want to down vote facts ? lol Okay I was just trying to spread a little information o_O
    • Like x 3
  11. Poo New Player

I have only read a little about these soders. What is the point of them at all if they are less effective than Next?
    • Like x 3
  12. TrueOlympus New Player

Do you understand how escrow works? are you saying that those premium guys should spend REAL money on a $100 difference on a soda? They are paying REAL money to buy something only $100 game cash out of their reach?
    • Like x 10
  13. Little Sister New Player

Of course not. Not every player in the game needs to use every thing available in the game.

These new Soders are options, for players with extra marks. No one expects Premiums to want to buy them lol
    • Like x 1
  14. blklightning New Player

Does that not then defeat the purpose of even having them?

Dispensing a soder that is meant to help people get through content, but is priced as such that one would only purchase it after they no longer need it completely defeats the purpose of having it at all. And for that, they're a step down from the best soder in the game, yet cost more?

We're talking the cost is one monthly box from any t4 raid. Well, Prime excluded as the raid itself only rewards a max of 2750 MoT w/ monthly box. For the time involve to acquire the currency necessary, any Premium player can find a single stack of exos and trade them for 10+ stacks of Nexts. The cost/time benefit of that approach is much better than running a whole t4 raid just to buy a Turbo, or... waiting for t6 to drop. LOL
    • Like x 8
  15. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

LOL, thts what I'm saying. Why these sodas were even added is laughable...you can only obtain thru being legendary...any legendary person knows some1 who crafts them or can buy them for next to nothing...and any1 who is not legendary can just get free sodas all day long in HQ next to the PS (bits get you more lol). I mean why was any time spent on adding this feature? Who asked for this? Who is actually gona use it? Are we gona get a nerf to crafting sodas so we have to buy the new ones? I would think that numerous questions would have been addressed at the forefront of the initial brainstorming of this feature.
    • Like x 3
  16. Vinny Tireshine New Player

$2100 + 3100 mot is kinda like a middle finger to Legendary and premium players.
    • Like x 5
  17. Little Sister New Player

Players complain they have nothing to do with all of their Marks of Triumph, so the Devs introduce ways to spend them... and then players complain about it. LOL
    • Like x 4
  18. Tikkun Loyal Player

I am assuming it was created in anticipation for the next tier of gear and plans. They will probably add new sodas at that time.
  19. Radium Devoted Player

I agree, frankly by the time we can waste T6 marks on these our health will be so high that they'll probably have the effect of an Extreme or Max as now.

Having them this high is just a waste of resources.
    • Like x 5
  20. blklightning New Player

Can you not see the disparity between buying a cell phone for $100 or a 6-pk of soda for $100? Just because one has money to burn, doesn't mean they want to be gouged on it.
    • Like x 6