Test Discussion New Rewards Outside of Mark Relevancy

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

2. Destinywlf Active Player

is this just for on duty? I did a Central city quest got nothing! did the Raven challenge! got a exobit cluster and a gear drop:) no reward box, since I didn't unlock it!
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

It seems to work fine from the on duty content I tried. I just ran with Canadian Justice. Do open world repeatable dailies not get included in this change? We did Central City Bounties, open world dailies, etc. None of it gives a new reward option for out of relevancy. This would definitely be great incentive for players that are doing the grind CC bounties as well as maybe going for a style like exulted from the T5 duo bounties.
    • Like x 4
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

Yes. Because I still need the CC bounties and cringe when I think about them.
    • Like x 3
  5. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Tested everything at my current test server CR of 129.

All on duty menu content I tried worked fine.

Anything I tried outside of the on duty menu gave no reward.
    Classic Bounties: tested Bizarro
    Central City: tested Zoom, large rupture quest and speeding citizen quest
    Home Turf: tested Oolong Siege Bot and Stykers daily quest
    Gotham Wastelands: tested Raven and wrath daily quest

I know in the past this type of open world content has been overlooked (no prestige) and it would be a shame if it happens again.
    • Like x 3
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

Tested 1 alert (Trigon) twice and 1 raid (Nexus) on the first boss, mostly what I got where exobit clusters, in fact one alert run that's all I got, about 2 Tokens of Victory and 3 prestige, i'll keep testing but even if I don't get a mark, the other things are still pretty nice.
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

T1 Ace Chemicals
    Exobit Cluster
    Victory Token (Token of Merit)

T2 Batcave - Outer Caverns
    Exobit Cluster

T3 Arkham Asylum
    Token of Prestige
    Exobit Cluster
    Token of Prestige

T4 Gates of Tartarus
    Exobit Cluster
    Exobit Cluster

So far what I run quick this morning. Since I doubt we will get an exact number for how rare the rares dropping (as you see got none so far), it would be great to note down and try to get some close number from all the runs we can get done on test.
  8. Loche Developer

Thanks for testing folks. It looks like missions were missed. I am checking now to be sure that it can be done easily there. I will let everyone know.
    • Like x 3
  9. Loche Developer

Ok, I figured out how to do it. I am now working out some kinks, and then it will get pushed to PCTest.
    • Like x 5
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Thanks Loche! I know a lot of people that would appreciate this! :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Hemmy Committed Player

Lots of people will REALLY appreciate this!
    I know someone said it before, but it was sad to see so much great content made pointless by not receiving loot. Now that these missions are seeing some love again, I'm hoping they wont ever fall by the wayside again!
  12. Loche Developer

It just came down to the fact that Mission rewards are handled differently than Loot. I had to create a "treasure box" that will be the reward when you finish a mission that no longer grants Marks. When you open it, you get one of the items that would normally drop as loot on a boss for On Duty instances.
    • Like x 4
  13. Hemmy Committed Player

Just saw that in the update notes!
    Glad to hear you could find a way to do this. Will they have the same chance at dropping rare items from that list as well?
  14. Loche Developer

yep, same chance.
    • Like x 3
  15. Destinywlf Active Player

Okay on the hero side I ran through any missions I could think of, the only Missions I'm wondering about is the daily's around Ace Chemicals, and Strker's Island. currently I get a daily reward box, and a Soder cola, it contains a random item, or nothing. I believe at level Relevancy the daily reward box always has a mark, and sometimes a random item. So can these quests also have a alternate reward box? I would assume the missions in Arkham, and Steelworks on the villain side are the same way?
  16. Destinywlf Active Player

I made A cr !29 Villain. did the two daily missions at Arkham, and steelworks. like the hero side I received a daily reward box,
  17. Loche Developer

It appears that the Dailies from that DLC never had a relevancy check to it.
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I remember that they would always give a mark and a chance at something. (Base item, utility belt, element, etc) The mark used to be put into your inventory, but was changed to go straight to the currency tab. So often times you open the box and nothing comes out. lol
  19. Loche Developer

Ya I am digging deeper here. There is a box that is granted. That box grants a Mark of Victory, if you are with the CR range. Now I am trying to figure out why the pass that was done on the loot predicates didnt pick this one up.
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

While you are at it, double check the Hand of Fate Operations. They used to give a case of marks as well. Could end up with the same issue. Getting groups going on test is long task. Higher than 2 player, that is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.