New Renown System

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Dec 2, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Well my suggestion is simply upgrading gear you have. Basically think of it as the OP face but without break throughs or any of that nonsense. Know how each level the OP face gets better and better? That's my suggestion basically. But in my setup you could buy everything needed right off the gear vendor, and on top of it you get currency in all content rather its onduty or open world to go towards the upgrades.
  2. zNot Loyal Player

What about style feats?
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

this would cut into replays i imagine. unless you just lock the catalyts behind it. or as you said the currency to upgrade it. but then its just basically a long play to buy vendor gear. idk lol.
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

What about them? You can still get the new gear sets if you seek the feats. But if you seek higher stats you would upgrade gear via materials.
  5. zNot Loyal Player

I meant if ypu upgrade a gear would it grand a new style automatically with it?
    Or we have to spend marks just to buy a style without stats
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That's where the material comes in iif you choose the upgrade route. You would need to reset to get the currency just like you would reset COU to get solar credits.
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

No, so take the 285 vendor set, if you upgraded it, it would essentially just hold higher stats and IL. No change in style. Like it wouldnt become the enhanced version. It would still be the regular version, just better than the generic 285.
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

i see
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I mean anything is possible, it would of course be up to developers if they'd want to allow for you to get the enhanced set unlocked once fully leveled. But in my suggestion of course I wouldnt as there would only be 2 choices for gear the upgraded version and the bought version.

Now they could remove augments and put the perks of augments into the upgraded version of gear. That would be sweet. But I feel that would be too difficult to pull off.
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

still just want a renown system. dont need to necessarily reinvent the wheel here. i think we are starting to talk about two different things here.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

The only solo that economically was more viable to reset for marks was the Wonderverse solo and thus far that's an anomoly, in addition the only reason that also occured was because of the fact our augments gave us additional marks as a reward for leveling them up.

I believe that was justified and should even be repeated because that player has simply earned the right to obtain more marks, they also only obtain more marks from the solo because they're resetting it, otherwise it would be 3 v 10-15 running raids opposed to solos naturally. How a person spends their replays after the free run is probably entirely their business.

In terms of quarks dropping, not opposed, can't see devs doing it though cause it affects their time capsule system.

Also not opposed to seals.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I don't want restrictions in place that are simply arbitrary, placing a "can't buy gear until this CR" is such a restriction, at that point you could equally increase the entry CR into elite and force the same thing for example.

I prefer a system where the players are compelled to level through the content forcing them through challenge. You have to progress to beat something, not because they've placed a number there and the content isn't even difficult but because the content itself simply demands it.

and yes, the OP goggle structure is exactly what I would like for all gear, perfect.

As for inventory space, it wouldn't bloat your inventory any more than copious junk already does, notwithstanding that's easily fixed, raising the stacks on everything else to ensure existing inventory space is better optimized. In addition, the expectation is that you use all the R&D materials well before they become an issue through any attempt to stockpile them.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I think it's cause the gear is also associated with a "style" so they create gear for both gear and insertion of styles, it's easier to implement it when you make it all like the OP goggles, which was also a style and you buy it each DLC for marks, there could obviously also be a non upgradeble bunch of drop gear as already exists.
  14. Brit Loyal Player

There is one change I want to see with the Renown system.

If you reach the Max Renown for an Episode, I want the components for the OP item to be unlocked on the vendor so that they are purchasable with Episode Currency. I am so sick of running stuff 3 years after it was relevant while searching for one Collection piece or 5 more of some rare catalyst. If we've maxed the Renown and defeated all the challenges, let us just buy the stuff from the vendor with no more need for RNG.
    • Like x 2
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

To add to this, when a DLC goes for source mark even if we don't have a single point of renown allow us to buy the catalyst and components needed for said OP item.
    • Like x 2
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Nothing wrong with the current Renown system. Previously it took 20-25 runs of Elite for full renown like during the Olympus DLC and now it takes like 8 runs with a Renown Booster. If you are a member its simple enough to set aside 100 SC to pick up a some renown boosters for instances like this where you feel burned out running elite.

That with the fact that max renown is no longer a feat, they are going pretty easy on us not forcing players to run multiple long grinds of elite for a few extra SP
    • Like x 1
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

The problem is the game feeds off people using replay badges to gain renown. Players literally only run Elite content for a challenge as the gear becomes obselete in 3-4 months. In the past people would try much harder to obtain elite gear due to SM being around.

The Renown system is currently fine as is, simply due to the fact that elite gear isnt a requirement outside of a small amount of feat points.
  18. zNot Loyal Player

And what about the rewards for Elite raids once a boss is defeated? I think they are not there where they should be.
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Basically. I never care about elite anymore. I use to. Then I asked myself why am I doing it. It's for a 50 point feat for a style and minor stat bump now. So I fizzled out. I stopped caring. You get a stat bump for what. When SM was around more frequently it gave me a reason to get it. Now I'm meh. Theres always a shiny drop in there too but i've been playing so long that doesn't make the headache worth it to me.
    • Like x 1
  20. Brit Loyal Player

For me, it's less about a slightly more glittery version of the same suit. Instead, it's about the 4-5 skill points worth of stuff that you can only get from running the Elites anyways. Not just the style feat, but all those "In the Elite Raid, do the exact same thing you do in the Regular Raid, but get an extra feat for accomplishing it in Elite."