New PvPer questions

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by BomombRook, Feb 17, 2013.

1. BomombRook New Player

Well I wanted to start to pvp since well my character's name kinda involves the knight suit, the t3 armor. To start it off, my character has the power of fire.Questions 1: I do not know if I should tank in pvp or dps instead. I took a look at soulburn's fire guid and the power load outs are great but I do not know which role i should choose. Question 2: Do I get mark of tactics for each pvp match I am in? Question 3: If i have the complete t1 pvp gear and open the prize box from the match, do I get t2 pvp gear?. Question 4: Which legend's character should I use? DLC 1-6 except dlc 4 so kinda limited on the legends characters.
  2. BomombRook New Player

Nevermind, not gonna pvp. Seems all it is just block like hell. All I have seen people do is block for the whole match but only attack when i try to block break them or when i try to attack and fall down. Tired of it really. Holding R1 for the whole match is not skill....
  3. Battle Man Committed Player

You'll get used to it, don't give up.

I'm a fire player who solos 100% of the time, and I always play in Tank stance with a mix of DPS and Tank PvP gear.
    You'll hear different advice from different players, and it all comes down to a combination of your weapon, play style, gear mods and how you spec.

Just experiment and practice lots.

As for Legends toons, pick the one most like your main toon and get a feel for it.
    I play as a flight brawler, so I use Bizarro and love him. But they all have something to offer, again, play and practice while you experiment.

Take your beatings like a man, and get back up every time you fall.
    Soon, you will be on the other end of those beatings more and more frequently.

Good luck.
  4. BomombRook New Player

That's good except it sucks to try 2v2 legends since every time the opposite team both attack me at once. Might as well say screw 2v2 since it is almost impossible for me to win when I get tag teamed each time. Wish the virtous knight pvp gear didn't cost so much but need it for my char's storyline :/. As for legends and weapons, I am use to every type of weapon. Guess you are right. Cause on my old toon in legends, i use to win most of the times except 2v2.
  5. Yallander Loyal Player

To deal with 2 v 2 you need to learn to farm immunities by countering players. Your teammate should also be putting some pressure on a target as well. I'm not going to assume you don't know what immunity is; however if you are not clear I'll be glad to explain it.
  6. Battle Man Committed Player

2v2 is the hardest for me to win anymore as well.
    I pug all the time, and Task Force X has just killed my 2v2 experience almost entirely.

I hate it so much that I wish Amanda Waller was a bounty, because I would just farm her for pain and suffering.
    I don't need a reward besides watching her taste her own blood as she dies!
  7. BomombRook New Player

Yea I hate 2v2. And yallander, I usually end up with people that just stand by while I get attacked.
  8. OMG Well-Known Player

Do legends until you get full t3 gear then start running arenas unless you have friends that want to help you win even then it's a grinding process.

Doing legends 2v2 is not easy but will get you use to fighting with the weapon set the char you choose has. Bane is always a good start if you like Brawling if you like MA Catwoman, Huntress, DW Night Wing, & 1handed Joker. You could also buy Hal Jordan which would help you win a few matches. If your pungging legends batcave a lot & you get teamed up with a good player friend him & invite him for your next match.

Best of luck
  9. Yallander Loyal Player

Yeah this happens to everyone at one time or another. Just have to let it go and move on; use the experience to work on your countering and see how long you can survive against two opponents. It will only make you better (if that is your goal and not just the tier 3 gear.)
  10. Battle Man Committed Player

Yep, remember you at least get the one mark no matter what, so it's not really a loss of anything.
    So just take a deep breath and fight on knowing no matter what, you are at least one more step towards better gear.

It can be heartbreaking though. I couldn't catch a break all weekend in 2v2, I lost every single match for hours.
    Heck, half the time I'd get in game and realize I'm only there because someone else left due to getting smashed.
    At least those are over fast.
  11. BomombRook New Player

Nah just the t3 gear is all I want really.
  12. BomombRook New Player

The t3 suit is all i need because well the suit will be perfect for my char because I am gonna make a storyline for him based on the medieval times and one for the exobyte storyline as well.
  13. Battle Man Committed Player

That's a lot of work for a style.
    You'd have to really like PvP to get it.
  14. Talve Dedicated Player

Wow it funny how in a MMO RPG people are so distant from each other...

If you don't like teammates you get from pugging, do not queue randomly. Find yourself someone, team up with him and queue.
    If you don't have no one, then queue solo, until you find someone good enough. Then message him, team up with him.
    Or just go to watchtower / HOD and find someone. Its MMORPG, if you do not want to interact with people, then you are playing wrong type of game.

Now to the answers.

Tanks in general are not that effective in team based arenas.
    I guess safest bet for you would be just to go with full dps set. You are not effective in full tank gear as dps, but you can be tank in pvp with full dps gear (dedicated troll killer).

Yes. No matter if you win or lose, you get marks. I think it was 2 for a win, 1 for a loss. Not sure, been while since i have taken a look as i have been sitting on the cap for ages now.

Yes. You get t2 gear if you have full t1, t3 if you have full t2 and so on.
    Rings / neck / trinkets / weapons are not counted. You only need full tier armor style to unlock next tier from boxes.

Now when it comes to legends, it really comes down to your preference.

Top 4 choices from free characters IMO are Bane, Nightwing, Joker and Two-Face. Although every single character can be deadly in good hands.

Bane is always a safe choice
    Lot of AoE
    Higher base health
    Sc which heals

Nightwing
    Dual Wield does good damage, specially after MA / 1h nerf
    Has access to 2 flips which are amazing to clip with (dodge ftw)
    Amazing in 1v1, gets trickier with more people
    You probably will not like it, as i'dd say most effective playstyle is defensive, same thing you were complaining about.

I guess you can pick Legends Tournament link from my signature, go to info and check out Cordarones matches to see what i'm talking about. He is the "trickiest" Nightwing player i have had to deal with over the time.

Joker
    Good all around character
    Simple and strait forward

If your interested in Two-Face, i guess you can check the guide from my signature.
    Not the easiest character to play against better opponents though.
    If you have hard time getting killed:
    >badly played Two-Face is easiest character to focusfire
    >well played Two-Face is one of the hardest characters to focusfire
    But i guess you can try it out.
  15. BomombRook New Player

Talve, the starting part of your post was not necessary and was rude really. The only reason I pug is because any league I join, disbands quickly. I have no problem interacting with others so that part of your post is just a assumption. Only problem I have is with people not bother to even try in the 2v2 arenas. So please do think, because you obviously did not know the whole story.
  16. YodaDog New Player

Really? I didnt think he was rude in the least. I wouldnt have put it as kindly, to be honest. All your partners just do nothing? (No they dont). Every league you join instantly disbands and will continue to do so in the future? (That's not so and if it were, we would have much bigger concerns...) Its just hold block and thats it? No, its not that simple at all really though. I mean, its just not makin alot of sense here.
    Dont be a quitter. Dont go in there for two matches, get ur tail handed to you, and give up. I mean, by all means do that... But then dont bother with the T3 suit..

Bottom line: If you dont enjoy pvp at all, you will NEVER get the suit.. There are PvE medieval styles, dontcha know...