New PVP Gear....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Danielle_Tgurl, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Danielle_Tgurl Committed Player

Will the new gear act as it should concerning fighting against players with PVE gear? PVP and PVE are different elements of the game. If the PVP gear is not better than any PVE gear in PVP type content then why bother? Better if the new PVP gear was a style and added a fixed increase to stats as long as we have earned it through arenas. Like the Defense Skill Points...just add Toughness to our existing PVE gear. IMO
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It's just like the last set no real change I do wish it was just a set of cash gear I don't want to run hundreds of broken pvp matches to get the set.
    • Like x 1
  3. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Are you referring to Arenas or Open World?
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

PvE gear should have been disabled in any PvP environment (including open world). If people want to PvP, they can do it the right way. No more of this "we're all equal" nonsense. PvP is all about getting stronger and face rolling newbs. Sorry, but that's the deal for the majority of PvP players. Lol

Or, there shouldn't be separate gear. Not only does having separate gear make zero sense, it only adds to our ever growing issue with inventory space.

Its really simple to address this issue between the gear.
    • Like x 3
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Legends
  6. it_was_Friday Dedicated Player

I agree very much, but we know the division and extra gear sets are a way for them to profit. Although PVP.does not require RB, it does require game cash, so it pushes forward a need to PVE for loot, to buy up new PVP gear. (Plus it pushes Armory sales, etc.)

However, I want to harp on the idea you mentioned that open world is PVP. And I presume you mean in PVP Phase. I have always thought differently about open world, in that I think it is neither or both PVP and PVE. Only if someone truly doesn't like opposing faction "issues" would they then opt to use a PVE Phase, thereby taking away part of the game.

And I know it is difficult and odd to be farming or hunting cultists daily in PVE gear, and have to pay attention to incoming on radar, and switch an armory to a PVP loadout (*)... but I put that back on the fact there are 2 kinds of gear... and I think it shouldn't be.

Ok... end ramble.

(*) Actually, my open world loadout is not PVP. I have a PVP Arena loadout, a PVE DPS, and PVE troll. My open world loadout is mostly PVP arena gear, but consumables and trinkets are not, and the power loadout is different. This armory loadout is specifically open world, not really PVP or PVE.
    • Like x 1
  7. Danielle_Tgurl Committed Player

I meant for any activity involving PVP situations. If PVE'ers want to duel or scrim use whatever they want. But for those who PVP they should have added stats to the gear they wear. PVE gear was not meant to stand up to PVP gear in PVP situations. Adding the stats would free up inventory and not make it a "broken" choice of what gear to wear when dueling/scrimming or arenas...IMO. I apologize if I was not clear enough
    • Like x 1
  8. Danielle_Tgurl Committed Player

Also merging PVP and PVE phases to increase populations. Allow for a PVP or PVE stance that does not go away when killed as it is now on PVE servers. Just another idea. Seen it before but have no idea if it got any traction
    • Like x 1
  9. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

I'm a PVPer and I don't necessarily agree with disabling a certain set of gear in open world. It's called "open world" for a reason. It doesn't make sense to take that away when there are PVE elements within open world itself. The only real solution that's needed is staying consistent with the releases for PVP gear. The SOE/Daybreak staff hasn't done so in over a year, that's why we're dealing with this top-tier PVE takeover garbage. Once our new PVP gear drops, problem solved.
  10. Backseid Devoted Player

That's why I said, and always have, that the gear needs to be merged.

Have different currencies, but the exact same gear (different styles) as in PvE. Then both will grow together.

The way, people can "level up" playing either PvP or PvE. I've seen other games do it. I don't care that that will cause issues with the whole Replay Badge thing. That's not my problem and needs to be removed anyway.
    • Like x 3
  11. Danielle_Tgurl Committed Player

PVP gear being a style that when collected adds Toughness to our stats? Toughness remaining an important stat when dueling right?
  12. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

I've been open to the same idea as well, so I wouldn't put up a fuss if they made such a decision. I just don't agree on disabling a certain set of gear in open world when there's a more practical fix based on how this game has been. Regardless, we'll have our long overdue problem solver next month.
    • Like x 1
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

Yes, toughness is the "defense" against enemy players.

I'm saying there should be gear that has both Toughness and Defense on it. And they should go back and add toughness to all gear throughout the game.
  14. Danielle_Tgurl Committed Player

Oh no I think I misunderstood. I still think you should have to do PVP arenas to earn PVP stats. Too much is just given away in PVE instances with players being Carried. PVP we earn every set through many hours of fighting and finding people to work together with. PVP stats should not be just handed away like PVE stats. IMO
  15. Backseid Devoted Player

Lol. PvP gear is the ONLY stats given away! You lose, you get currency to buy the gear with.
  16. Danielle_Tgurl Committed Player

PVE gear is what's given away. See people bragging on hitting CR 100's in a week or two. Gear does not drop from our kills like PVE
  17. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

I totally agree with you on this as my friend and I say all the time there should really only be one set of gear and then there would be no more issues on it being broken. It seems, and mind you I just recently started into PVP that it is a flawed system. And even some of the style feats are tied into the pvp gear now, in fact just the other day someone was asking about a particular style and when I went to the Aquaman vendor in the watch tower low and behold it was this elusive style that someone was saying doesn't drop in PVE anymore. And as for toughness stats, well they are in the skill trees, so if you know that you are going to be mostly pvp, you should spec into that, if your a pve player, you should spec into that. And if you are a die hard want to do both and play a role to boot, buy and armory.

Not to mention it would then produce a form of actual income from people that want the best of both worlds
    • Like x 1
  18. gemii Dedicated Player

speaking of the new gear.. is it like just one new set of gear CR 101? or do we have to grind to the highest gear again like how it was from CR 97-100?
  19. Danielle_Tgurl Committed Player

That would suck. I remember I had the best PVP gear once and then when I signed back in it was trash cause it was role specific. As for making PVP gear obsolete because you could get them doing PVE...nah. Just seems like more excuses to be given what others have earned.
  20. gemii Dedicated Player

i never did understand how PVE gear can outshine PVP gear in fights.

pvp gear is useless everywhere except arenas. if i duel another player and he's in pve gear how is it that his pve gear can destroy my pvp gear in a PVP altercation lol. it's not like the player is facing a NPC we are fighting each other as players and he's beating my PVP gear it kind of defeats the purpose of PVP'ing . it shouldn't matter if your in open world or arenas if your fighting each other and the other person is NOT in pvp gear why should he be able to out damage me?

the simple fix is make all open world gear stats equal when in combat with other players. That way everyone can have a chance and once your out of combat your stats return to normal as they should be... its basically the same thing they did in pvp arenas ( you can go in their with pve gear and your stats boosted so you can compete. Make open world the same.. but instead of the boosted stats make everyones stats the same while in combat vs other players.. let who is the more skilled fighter decide the outcome of the fights.

yes even level 5 noobs can have a fighting chance lol, idk just an idea that i can see benefiting everyone.

(again this is for open world only)... leave arenas and Instances the way they are.