New PVP Gear: Stat Gains & Stat Caps

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Brother Allen, Jul 26, 2016.

1. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Oh yea duh lol. Thanks ;D
  2. OMG Well-Known Player

PvP is a waste at this point... Shame at one point it was kind of relevant, like 75/25 now it's like 99/1...
    • Like x 1
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

No, they won't. They keep looking at the lifetime census instead of checking current active playerbase. How else can you explain comments like "we've got more players than ever!" when the server is so dead that you can literally end up in Metropolis alone?
    • Like x 2
  4. Racchus New Player

Pretty sure toughness has no cap, did they ever post about it in patch notes?
  5. Racchus New Player

Pretty sure critical power magnitude is 125 percent for everyone because there is no way to increase it and my critical power over time is always 125 percent of base.

Also the critical power chance cap seems to be below 33 percent because I consistently get around 22.5 percent with 33 percent critical power chance from my skillpoints.
  6. Racchus New Player

When I enter arena with 33 percent crit power chance, I am not clamped though. Maybe 33 percent is cap?
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agree. To be fair, I never go to Metropolis. ;)
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agree. Trolling is hard in pvp.

The new crap I've seen trolls doing in pvp, Belle. Fliers that hide up in the ceiling. They use their brawlers to build power on the dummies in the corner. I'd like it if they would remove those or remove the ability to build your hit counter on them without being countered. This was from one of those TOP pvp leagues.

Trolling is not so hard that you would have to do crap like this though.
    • Like x 2
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

While I support caps in Arenas I completely agree about Vit.

That cap should have been quite a bit higher...especially with the introduction of 101 gear.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kriss Active Player

any news for PvP Gear 102 ?..pls don't ignore my question :/ ??
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sure. Either the next pvp season or the next DC movie. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Pretty damn expensive style sorry mepps just my opinion.
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Are the numbers in the chart still valid after SM?
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

No. The revamp changed everything. This data is invalid now.
  15. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Dare say Pvp is in its worst state ever, in the history of the game.

Arena Pvp is broken because of power regeneration spams, and Shield meta. It is even worse than Home Turf pets era, Ghosting/Dogging, AM era, 1-shot era, Lunge spam meta. Tank meta with Earth Jackhammer spamming. Actually, some people did Earth Upheaval spamming pre-Revamp but they would eventually run out of power.

Home Turf pets were fixed pretty soon.
    Ghosting/Dogging was also fixed in the end.
    AM era was bad, but at least some AMs had vulnerabilities you could anticipate.
    1-shot era was bad but at least it was kinda level playing, cos everyone could do it.
    Lunge spam meta was quite bad also.
    Now its healer + tank combo in 2v2, without the RPS system and added power regeneration. You have little chance unless you have at least one heal.

I am F2P now, former subscriber. Even queuing in Arenas with no gear was ok versus CR100/101. If I got hit for 1 counter, I would be near death. But if I could pull off at least 3 counters in a row, I would have a chance. Now very little chance, cos I just cannot burst through the shield(s). If I rotate 2 shields, its still a matter of time before my health is chipped away. I am forced to go healer when I don't really want to.

Proper CR100/101 used to do 2 to 2.5 times more damage. Now, its more like 4 times. And more power spamming than ever before. Combo powers cannot be blocked anymore. All the reward and no risk.

Legends Pvp is broken. Catwoman and Cheetah. Four tap melee hold combo can crit for 1.3k. Lunge crits for I think 800? Catwoman even has a shield and it lasts much longer now with the change in shield strength. Basically they hit for 2-2.5 damage.

Everyone else hits for peanuts for weapon attacks, except Batman (and I think Robin also). Batman Hold Range does double damage versus Hold Melee. Hold Range does even more damage than all the melee holds. I feel stupid doing counter burst damage by holding range twice. I can use Catwoman but I don't want to cheese.

Joker Clown Box no longer regens power.

Only thing they fixed (probably by accident) was backflip doing too much damage on helpless enemies, being able to crit for 700+ per target previously.
  16. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I specced into all the crit for damage and chance, and it was clamped inside, so i only put like 8 points in magnitude and 16 in chance...and back in the arena it gave me a boost of a few points.
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

Any suggestions on how to find the new stat caps?
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

That was just a "bending of truth".
    However: if you overbend the truth,
    It is called taking customers for fools.
  19. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Is anyone even wearing pvp gear? Every arena I run my opponents are 0cr. Am I missing something here? They're sure kickin my *** as though they're rockin raid gear lol.