New PVP Gear: Stat Gains & Stat Caps

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Brother Allen, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Nah, creating pointless arguments is your job.
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not to be a butt, going to anyway, most of this thread is between a few people fighting. Maybe if there were real moderator's, we wouldn't have page apon page of people trying to get the last word.

The new name for the PVP forums "THE LAST WORD"
    • Like x 1
  3. iClip Committed Player

Uh oh, don't say that or he'll tell Mepps lolz
  4. iClip Committed Player

Stars and planets have to align.
  5. FSJ New Player

Tbh I don't even play much at all because of all the crying about everything. Not just tanks, EVERYTHING. People want broken and one-shots and that's what this game gives these kids. Mepps and the rest of the devs won't listen to the slew of well-thought out fixes.

Instead they listen to the whiners and crybabies about what's too powerful. Then they go back and hold a meeting and say: "Hey guys! we got a lot of crying going, and since listening to crybabies keeps the money coming, and makes the game go round -- Let's just give these whine-babies everything they need to slaughter everything including all the people that did a lot of grinding to get the pvp gear that's "supposed" to excel for pvp content."

These Devs don't see the easy fix here....all they need to do is actually listen to ppl with "good" idea's....so here's an idea, and it might not be the best, but here it is: To the devs, why don't you guys sit down and rework pve gear so that pve gear excels in pve content..and pvp gear excels in pvp content. Not having pve gear slaughter pve and pvp content. It makes no sense.

Why even have pvp gear if pve is the ultimate gear for both pve and pvp? I don't wanna hear "oh it's for pvpers vs pvpers" because all the lil scrubs migrate from pve phase to pvp phase to troll with this ridiculous pve gear.

Here's another idea if you dev's think that's too much work. Lock out anyone trying to enter pvp phase without a full set of at least T1 pvp gear. That way these kids will NEED to get pvp gear if they want to pvp in pvp phase...and the same for pvp trying to enter pve phase. That should keep things level in both phases....besides most people have pvp and pve sets so whats the problem with these ideas devs?
  6. FSJ New Player

Tbh I don't even play much at all because of all the crying about everything. Not just tanks, EVERYTHING. People want broken and one-shots and that's what this game gives these kids. Mepps and the rest of the devs won't listen to the slew of well-thought out fixes.

Instead they listen to the whiners and crybabies about what's too powerful. Then they go back and hold a meeting and say: "Hey guys! we got a lot of crying going, and since listening to crybabies keeps the money coming, and makes the game go round -- Let's just give these whine-babies everything they need to slaughter everything including all the people that did a lot of grinding to get the pvp gear that's "supposed" to excel for pvp content."

These Devs don't see the easy fix here....all they need to do is actually listen to ppl with "good" idea's....so here's an idea, and it might not be the best, but here it is: To the devs, why don't you guys sit down and rework pve gear so that pve gear excels in pve content..and pvp gear excels in pvp content. Not having pve gear slaughter pve and pvp content. It makes no sense.

Why even have pvp gear if pve is the ultimate gear for both pve and pvp? I don't wanna hear "oh it's for pvpers vs pvpers" because all the lil scrubs migrate from pve phase to pvp phase to troll with this ridiculous pve gear.

Here's another idea if you dev's think that's too much work. Lock out anyone trying to enter pvp phase without a full set of at least T1 pvp gear. That way these kids will NEED to get pvp gear if they want to pvp in pvp phase...and the same for pvp trying to enter pve phase. That should keep things level in both phases....besides most people have pvp and pve sets so whats the problem with these ideas devs?
  7. FSJ New Player

8. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

OK, what exactly is ur definition of "pvp content" actually? ppl ganking around open world pvp phase which gives totally nothing other than bragging rights in the versus chat? or the ACTUAL PVP CONTENT which is arenas and legends which gives mark to get gears and actual feats? u do realize theres a big different about how mechanics work inside arena and the open world? AM doesnt work inside arena, pve gear give 0 stats inside arenas, and there are no one shots inside arenas, cascade spammer will just fail in actual arenas.

and just remember this thread is about new pvp gear stat gain and new stat caps INSIDE ARENAS. it has nothing to do with open world. and inside arenas fire and atomic tank's healing is OP. ur argument against this fact is irrelevant to the topic all of us were talking about before u bring out the issue about open world. I personally don't care at all about open world, but i dont blame ppl who want open world to be a real thing. but please stick with the issue. u attacked bryce for saying fire and atomic tank is OP inside arenas with the argument of ppl one shotting everyone with pve gear in open world? thats just irrelevant and illogical. if u really want to start a discussion about open world pvp just make another topic. im sure lots off ppl will put their opinion in it there.

again for the last time, open world is not arena. which is the "true pvp content" ill leave it to each individual opinions. and bryce started this topic to discuss about arenas. both open world and arenas have their own issue.
  9. Soul Dedicated Player

These ideas have been brought up in the past many times, in many forms.
    It's not that the Devs listen to certain people over other (more capable) people anymore. It's more of a continued cold silence treatment..

I understand your frustration but I'm not sure you know just how extensive this topic gets, It's not like there's one group of people to blame.. Unless you're blaming the Devs for simply prioritizing other aspects of the game, leaving PvP to rot over the years.

Don't bother, they like tossing the pot calling a kettle black metaphor, but little do they know, they fit it perfectly.

I'm sorry for your thread Brice, I'm sure you see who brought in the unwanted attitude. (Or at least I hope you do?)
  10. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

As someone who used to hang out at Star Labs nightly between pvp arena ques, I understand your frustration with the current open world imbalance between pvp and pve gear. Rather than sit here and provide you sardonic answers laced with contempt, I hope I can explain a few things.

The current issue isn't pve gear in a pvp phase. You can't exclude it from a pvp phase because there is still PVE stuff to do in open world. PvP phase is simply a phase where everybody's PvP flag is "forced" to the "on" position. That's truly the only difference between the two phases. The only thing that will actually fix it is a new season that will adjust all pvp gear up to current pvp stat levels. Then, our pvp gear with the extra health and toughness, should be plenty to stand up against the pve gear. Of course, there's hopes that many changes will come in the next season to fix a lot of bugs and exploits currently in the game regarding arenas and pvp.
  11. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Darn I missed the good stuff.
    • Like x 1
  12. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Why do people even bring up open world? The only thing that matters is performance in queued matches.

#ImTheBest #Trump2016
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

To you and a small number of people. It used to be fun to form large groups and have all out battles in Robinson Park. Those days can't come back until open world is fixed. Sorry, but not everyone wants to fight all the cheese we have in arenas. It's not like either are close to being balanced, lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I'd be surprised if the people who like open world didn't also want Arenas to also be fixed. What's that line?

[IMG]

Let's say the devs managed to preveng PvE geared players (or anything PvE related like soder/trinket buffs) from attacking PvP geared players in open world. You'd still have the same imbalances that plague arenas. At least now in both realms Shotgun isn't overpowered anymore.

All that said, suggestions calling for altering or not altering Arenas PvP because of the current state of Open World PvP are not something I'd subscribe to. They are similar, but ultimately different.
  15. Ringz Dedicated Player

Of course any pvper would like all aspects of pvp to be fixed, but some or most do enjoy like og said the large group battles or even organize events like FC. Especially for those who don't like the way that arenas is constructed now.

And yea your right, the same would be out there in open world. Truthfully, in my opinion open world wouldn't have that issue if the darn toughness was just increased better. That would give ALOT of people incentive to get the gear, and keep the toughness cap in arenas. Sounds logical if you ask me. Really the only thing we could do is next time the devs talk pvp, everyone(and I mean EVERYONE pvping or interested in pvp), should speak up. Of course power balancing will come itself, but Im sure you know majority or everyone did not like the way how pvp was pushed toward currently.

To your last comment, I just find it funny and a bit nostalgia. To the people who enjoyed pvp back then and their defending perspective, to the people who enjoy pvp now and their defending perspective. Kinda ironic.:rolleyes:
  16. FSJ New Player

I def Hope so. I am wondering about this fire and atomic "addressing" I just need them to hurry up. So I can get back into fire and still watch people cry about fire cause they been beaten. Is there anywhere online talking about the upcoming fire/atomic nerf I been hearing about? I'd like to see whats in testing.
  17. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

Gist of the PvP fix process:

18. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Yea I do miss that lol.
  19. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

This needs to be stickied I hate having to keep looking for this lol.
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Save the image in the first post onto your comp :).

Not to mention, when the stat revamp hits in 2+ months (me guesstimating) all this information will be useless as it will be changing again.
    • Like x 1