New PVP Gear: Stat Gains & Stat Caps

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Brother Allen, Jul 26, 2016.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

yeah i dont use pvp gear in open world because i get overpowered by pve gear. So im just asking this for specifically pvp arenas because ive always had the 100 pvp gear and skill point wise id always naturally grab every attack damage / chance crits no matter if i was DPS or playing support role. i just wanted to know if id be going over the cap by specing into all of them because if so i could redue my build and use the skill points elsewhere i never actually paid attention to the caps.
  2. Ringz Dedicated Player

With 200 + sp, i easily go over the might or precision cap if i spec mainly into those 2. Plus mods makes it quicker to reach that amount. I guess with the left over skill points you can spec into things like power, health, or the other damage stat your not using, so thats a use.... but idk. Those munitions shotgunners are pretty deadly. FeelsBadMan
  3. Dirt McGirty New Player

this pvp update didn't do anything but give us new gear that still don't equal out the difference between PvP gear and PvE gear witch really sucks grinding for gear with no real stats is dumb why grind for gear when i'm still going to get one-shot in open world and the stupid arena stat cap is still there, the new arena is ok but it looks like no real thought was put in it
  4. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

what happens if you go over a cap? nothing? im literally one mod or skill point spec away from going over my support role precision cap
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

If you go over the cap your stats stop at the cap.
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Gee you didn't include the additional thousands of MOV per suit for the Prefab mods to make the gear viable.
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

DCUO needs to make this gear unlock for alts. Who in their right mind would do this over for an alt?
    • Like x 1
  8. DuckedOffSavage New Player

Stat Caps are unfair to those who actually have the top gear. It basically makes it pointless to grind for the top gear if you're stats are going to get clamped down anyway. When I first started PvP'ing years ago instead of que'ing arenas I qued Legends PvP instead to get marks because I knew my gear wasn't high enough to compete in arenas.
    #RemoveStatClamping
  9. DuckedOffSavage New Player

People who actually like to PvP. My main is currently 101 PvP CR and all of my Alts are 100 PvP CR
    • Like x 1
  10. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

You make it sound like players with the lowest PvP stats are equal to a fully geared player's stats. They're not. This was debunked months ago.
    • Like x 1
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

It takes VI Expert Mods or higher + 200+ skill points + top gear to even hit the stat caps for some roles.

Stat Caps are just fine although if they were a wee bit higher I'd be okay with them.
  12. Unzero Well-Known Player

My 96 Fire Tank solo'd a lot of 100s last night, it's not like 100 means anything.
  13. Unzero Well-Known Player

HaHaHand Blasters
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

It is well known among the PVP community and the Developers that Fire Tanks healing is completely out of whack. They'll fix it one day but at this time if a Fire Tank has even the slightest clue how to play it is INCREDIBLY hard to kill one. While essentially useless in death matches of 4v4 and higher they are OP in 1v1's and a annoying in 2v2 and up node holding. The reason they are only annoying in 2v2 and up node holding is because you just kill their partner(s).
  15. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

*cough* points at my sig *cough*

and actually lots of people have multiple max pvp geared toon. 2 of my alts were only pvping since they reach 30. they reach 100 pvp cr with only like 32 pve cr, before the open content last month.

many people just do pvp for their feats, but also, many people do the opposite, me included. if u only want to pvp for the feats, or at least the style feats, then im agreeing with you, devs should make it easier. maybe put a style vendor for the latest pvp style, anything to get rid of pve bums in arenas/legends. but if u want ur alts to be as strong as ur main in arenas, earn it like you earn it with your main.
  16. DuckedOffSavage New Player

Lol do you even PvP? I can scrim you with a LvL 15 and beat you easily
  17. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

• Like x 3
  18. Mighty Committed Player

Lol this guy has no idea who he's talking to. Lolmg, thanks for this.
    • Like x 1
  19. Klownnuke Active Player

So all of my stats are below the caps listed above, but when I enter an instance, I'm told I'm being clamped. Why is this?
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

You probably are above the Critical Attack Magnitude cap. That cap is 175% for all roles. If you are a DPS you are automatically boosted to that cap so if your Power Point Trees or Skill Points grant you any Critical Attack Magnitude you will be shown as clamped.