New PVP Gear: Stat Gains & Stat Caps

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Brother Allen, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Hey guys,
    here is a break down of the new stat caps and the new PVP gear stat gains.

Stat Caps as of 7/26/16

[IMG]

Stat Increases from PVP CR 100 to PVP CR 101

Head -
    Toughness: +57
    Health: +40
    Power: +8
    Precision: +4
    Might: +27
    Restoration: +28
    Vitalization: +19
    Dominance: +4

Shoulder -
    Toughness: +57
    Health: +34
    Power: +7
    Precision: +3
    Might: +21
    Restoration: +22
    Vitalization: +16
    Dominance: +3

Chest -
    Toughness: +66
    Health: +44
    Power: +9
    Precision: +5
    Might: +30
    Restoration: +31
    Vitalization: +21

Back -
    Toughness: +44
    Health: +30
    Power: +6
    Might: +19
    Restoration: +20
    Vitalization: +14
    Dominance: +3

Hand -
    Toughness: +48
    Health: +26
    Power: +5
    Might: +17
    Restoration: +18
    Vitalization: +14
    Dominance: +2

Waist -
    Toughness: +44
    Vitalization: +12

Leg -
    Toughness: +61
    Health: +46
    Power: +9
    Precision: +5
    Might: +30
    Restoration: +31
    Vitalization: +21

Feet -
    Toughness: +52
    Vitalization: +12

Ring -
    Toughness: ---
    Health: +14
    Power: +3
    Precision: +1
    Might: +10
    Restoration: +10
    Vitalization: +7
    Dominance: +1

Weapon -
    DPS: +5.0
    Health: +42
    Power: +8
    Precision: +4
    Might: +28
    Restoration: +28
    Vitalization: +19

Mask -
    Toughness: +9
    Health: +11
    Power: +2
    Precision: +1
    Might: +7
    Restoration: +7
    Vitalization: +5
    Dominance: +1

Neck -
    Health: +18
    Power: +4
    Precision: +2
    Might: +12
    Restoration: +13
    Vitalization: +9

Trinket -
    Toughness:
    Health: +18
    Power: +3
    Precision: +2
    Might: +12
    Restoration: +13
    Vitalization: +9

• Like x 18
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I really wish this was just cash gear or the cost of marks a lot lower as bad as pvp is I don't think alot of people are going to take the time to get the set.
    • Like x 1
  3. Soul Dedicated Player

This new gear is so incredibly pointless..

At the very least they could've made it equal or better to recent PvE gear, and this gear would've acted like a bandaid fix to the open world madness.

What are they thinking?
    • Like x 7
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The issue I am having with the new gear that I "think" is an oversight, is that they did not reduce the cost of 100 PVP CR gear. It still cost the same as before which means 100 PVP CR gear cost the same as 101 gear which translates to A LOT of marks to go from 97-101.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is intended. It's not a new season.

Which leads to this. It's an incredible new style and a reason to PvP for a while (in the new map or not). Bumping up this set of gear's stats to PvE levels would render the other pvp sets useless in comparison and in competition.
    • Like x 7
  6. krytine Loyal Player

Look it's open world deal with it its for the arenas and or a new style sorry if you don't become God like with it
  7. Ringz Dedicated Player

Im sorry but I just wanted clarify some things I dont understand. So the new gear will have no future intentions of being change until the new pvp season? Or is this just for styles and pvpers something to do?
    • Like x 1
  8. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

#PCplayersStackDominance
    • Like x 2
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

So what exactly has to happen for it to be a new season?
  10. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Them to break pvp again.
    • Like x 3
  11. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

A miracle, apparently.
    • Like x 9
  12. Abel DCUO Well-Known Player

They'll listen when ppl stop playing
    • Like x 3
  13. Friendzone Level 30

4 sets was already too long of a gear grind for getting into PvP. Adding another high cost set on top of current grind...

My deepest condolences to anyone who is getting into PvP now.
    Lets see how many PvE only players who start grinding just for the Deadshot style will survive and how many will give up. Let the games begin! And may the odds be ever in your favor.
    • Like x 7
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Mepps,
    I want to break the actual grind and time it takes down for you and the Developers and all I ask is that you please read it and if possible relay this info to the people in charge of determining the cost of gear and what not.

First off,
    I do want to make sure it is clear that the majority of us who enjoy PVP don't actually enjoy grinding gear. We only do so out of necessity in DCUO to stay as competitive as possible.

Secondly,
    it currently cost 82,000 Marks of Valor to go from Tier 1 to Tier 4 PVP gear. I want to break this down even further. Let's pretend that you could que up for PVP and the que would pop immediately. Then lets say you get into the match and the opponent(s) don't fight you at all. They just allow you to win. You leave and then re-que over and over again and the opponent(s) continue to allow you to win. The fastest you are going to que into a match, win a match, and leave a match is roughly 4 minutes. This is obviously a fantasy because it isn't going to happen every...single...time. But lets continue with this scenario.

Que, Pop, Enter, Win, Leave: 4 minutes = 200 Marks of Valor

This means in an hour time frame you can achieve 3,000 Marks of Valor per hour.

This translates to it taking 27.3 hours of grinding to achieve PVP CR 100 from no PVP CR.

Once again though...this is fantasy land because ques don't pop instantly and total match time (queing in, winning, leaving) don't take a measly 4 minutes.

Now you guys are looking at adding an additional 38,500 Marks of Valor on top of that to achieve 101. In the fantasy land example this still equates to an additional 12.8 hours of grinding for a grand total of 40.1 hours of winning matches.

It is worth pointing out that I am factoring nothing but wins. The moment players start losing, the grind is even longer, as they only get 100 Marks of Valor per match.

In the real world, ques are going to take upwards of 3-5 minutes to pop depending on server and time and matches are going to take closer to 7-10 minutes to win or lose for most. So if we took a more realistic outlook on que, match, and win it would be 10 minutes per 200 Marks of Valor and even then that is stretching it a bit. That means every hour a player is earning 1,200 Marks of Valor meaning it would take them a staggering 68.3 hours of winning matches in order to obtain the highest gear currently, and after 101 is introduced, a total of 100.4 hours of winning matches in order to be at the highest tier available in PVP.

In the end Mepps, all of us here competitive and casual who enjoy PVP, want it to be more open to others. While we all don't agree on things when it comes to the actual combat and what not that makes up PVP we almost all agree on one thing.

The PVP gear grind is atrocious in DCUO and it needs to be reduced.

I understand it might seem as a way to keep people PVP'ing but honestly, I think it runs more away from PVP than it encourages to stay.

If possible, please either double the reward of Marks of Valor for a win and lost or cut down the cost of gear.
    • Like x 26
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

i dont understand what this cap means. does it mean that this is the highest possible stats u can get if fully modded with VIII plans of one of those, or does it mean that there is a highest amount that is usefull and modding over those amounts is becomming pointless? also: if u get statclamped in arenas, then what is the advantage of having gear and mods anyways? is it only for watchtower fights? and will the "stats-matter-again" change arenafights to "not--getting-stat-clamped-in-arenas-again"?
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Stat Caps keep Arena PVP in check per say. It is in place to help balance damage, healing, and power out. While I agree with Stat Caps I feel like with the new gear the caps should have been a wee bit higher than what they are but I'd rather have these Stat Caps than no Stat Caps.

The Stats I listed are the absolute highest stats you can obtain while in an Arena Map. If you exceed those stats you will be capped and your stats will not proceed past the max amount. You have to utilize VI Expert Mods or higher to hit most if not all these caps.
    • Like x 1
  17. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

But gear stats don't really matter in arenas with the stat caps
  18. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

Couldnt aggreemore :D
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

can some1 link me to the thread where the stat caps are displayed?

thx.
  20. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Or you could've just increased the toughness of all of the pvp sets accordingly by a set % and left every other stat the same but you guys always have the best solutions and foresight when it comes to important things ^_^
    • Like x 3