New Promethium Lockboxes! Plus, Bonus for a Limited Time!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

New Promethium Lockboxes Now Available!

New Promethium Lockboxes are now available in-game! We have improved and expanded the items found inside, and implemented the loot picker so you always have a choice of rewards. These rewards now range from the incredible new Compound Omega to Marketplace items to a broad selection of over 800 style items, including some cross-faction styles!

Plus, for a LIMITED TIME, Promethium Lockboxes will also drop twice as often and will include a guaranteed bundle of Tokens of Merit to help you on your way to that 30,000 Tokens of Merit feat.

Keep reading for a detailed breakdown of what options the new Promethium Lockboxes will include:
    • Style Item #1
    • Style Item #2
      • Players will see two style items from the same list of over 800 styles.
      • These items include styles that were previously available in Promethium Lockboxes AND a selection of styles from across the game, from low level drops to high level iconic suits.
      • This is our first implementation of cross-faction styles! #UniteTheStyles!
        • Styles from each faction will be obtainable by everyone, regardless of faction. Heroes may find Hero and Villain styles, and Villains may find Hero and Villain styles in Promethium Lockboxes.
        • Only the original faction can earn any feats associated with the styles.
      • Newly added style items will be account bound.
    • Marketplace Consumable Item
      • Proto Broker Bot, Proto Bank Bot, Proto Mail Bot, Proto Repair Bot, or Vault Ticket
      • Marketplace items will be account bound.
    • Base Item
      • These base items include what was previously available in Promethium Lockboxes.
      • Base items will remain tradeable.
    • NEW Compound Omega
      • This is a new consumable that buffs your whole group and stacks with other consumable buffs.
      • The buff benefits all roles with a 5% increase to stats, persists through death, and lasts 30 minutes.
      • Compounds will remain tradeable.
    Every Promethium Lockbox also includes a guaranteed Mark of Victory (not in the loot picker).

Promethium Lockboxes can be opened automatically by Members, or opened by non-Members with the purchase of a Promethium Key in the in-game Marketplace.
    • Like x 12
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Since they're getting tokens of merit via lockboxes, is there a way we can run old content and get those back? I know it's irrevalant to the topic but I wish we could have this back for pve.
  3. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Can you guys check EUPS Servers drop rate? 5hrs and not one box, even after farming adds in open world. Thats bad even for the regular drop rate (I think?)
  4. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Dropping twice as often for a limited time. That's so cool, thanks for the good news.
  5. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Ok so How do i collect these on my alts?
    it says Account Bound but not sure how to collect these styles on my alts
  6. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

If they are account bound, you should be able to transfer them via the shared storage. Not sure how you do it if you don't have shared Bank slots (I don't think non-members get shared bank slots). I guess you could try mailing them, but I don't think that is possible.
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

well once i collect the style it dissapears from my invnetory.
    I am Legendary
  8. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Ok nevermind I figured it out.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll confirm the increased drop rate is working.
    • Like x 1
  10. jr1nc Dedicated Player

Does the omega and regular soder stack? Example omega and flex?
  11. Scallinno Level 30

You might wanna check USPC also, I've been on for about 4 hours and no drop.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

And EUPC also.
  13. OVERBAT New Player

any good styles dropping
  14. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Cool thanks very much.
    By the look of some of the threads it doesnt look like the increased drop rate stuck on any server.
  15. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Good question.
  16. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

All I've gotten is stuff you can get in the vault or when you create your character not happy I'd rather they put the styles in the marketplace so people can get what they want .
  17. Miggly Committed Player

Question?

When you open the boxes and you see the styles do they show you if you have that style already? Have not seen myself yet since at work. Wish they would do that with the loot drop system you get in the last DLC.
  18. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yes it shows you if you have it or not.
    • Like x 3
  19. Buckley Loyal Player

OMG Daybreak, So i take it financially you are doing better than ever and soon everyone will retire from all the subs you get.

Dont you want to make more money? Put some of the more iconic styles in the market place. I want to give you more of my money, but you have to give me a better reason to do so, other than legendary.
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Why no R&D scanner? :(