new powers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BLAQistLight, Jun 21, 2020.

1. BLAQistLight New Player

With all due respect to the developers working extra-hard with the pandemic and working from home, I would love a new power or powers to spice up the game. A new power with unique mechanics compelling all players no matter their direction in the game to learn, study and master it and give them an even greater occupation once they finish all the episode has to offer. As for the new power(s), me and my league mates have brainstormed for ideas.

The list of powers, their mechanics, roles, and hero and villain representatives include:

Magnetism: Power interaction: Could be Magnetized, Attracted or Bleeding due to the metal being expended(can also be have push and pull powers such as mental and electricity), Tank but could be argued to be troll, The only person i could think of is Dr. Polaris butt most heroes have it as a side ability.

Black and White Lanterns: Dazed such as light, or withering in the case of black lanterns. (can also be a siphon base power; doing damage to heal yourself) Healer. Representatives self explanatory but could be Black Hand or White Lantern/any of the heroes affected by the white lantern in Blackest Night

Demonic: Burning or Marked By Trigon or any demonic entity I don't care. (Siphoning ability such as or black and white lanterns), Basically any role but healer or tank would make sense(if it were to be a tank or a troll, it would be the first magic based power that isn't a healing power). Etrigan and Felix Faust/Brother Blood and John Constatine.

Sound(one of my favorites ^_^): Dazed, Deafened, or Causing Ear Bleed, Troll, Black Canary and Silver Banshee/Music Meister/Pied Piper.

Cybernetics/Technological Enhancements(My absolute favorite ^-^): Dazed or Gadget's other PI's, Definite Tank, Cyborg and Metallo(Many other heroes and villains)

Wind( I know this could be argued to be flight but it has so much more possibility): Pressurize, Crushed or Daze, Heal but could be argued as troll, Red Tornado and Weather Wizard

Vampirism(might be the most argued): Bleeding, Terrified, or Dazed(Glamour could be a troll ability that would force enemies to fight each other of course this could be broken, but can be tweaked similarly to pet damage. It would also have a siphon ability) Troll could be heal though, Batman/Vampire Batman and Man Bat.

Witchcraft: Cursed, or Bad Karma(it would be a pet power), Troll but healing could be argued(If made before Demonic it would be the first magic based power that isn't a healing power and it would make it the first troll pet power not including gadgets) Black Alice/Arion and Tala/Klarion

Stretching(Very hard to be put in to animations because of the styles our characters and it wouldn't really fit with the unique motions stretching heroes and villains enact Daze(Can't really think of another PI they could inflict), Definite Tank, Plastic Man/Elongated Man and Madame Rouge(Look her up lol)

Illusions(kinda mixed with teleportation and you could just throw a bit of energy or magic blasts): Daze, Dazzle(lol) or Confusing(Would be able to create clones of themselves as pet damage(Double Parenthesis; That would be so cool!), Troll, Mirror Master, again a lot of heroes have illusions as an ability even with a google search every character is a villain. Its a very villain based power.

Movement Powers(Another Controversial Power) This power would connect to your movement mode, and gives you the option to have a full power set depending on what movement you use. This would make Flight/Skimming: Pressurize, Daze or Crush(very similar to wind) Healer, Superman and Lex Luthor. Among Flight and Skimming, Super-Speed: Daze, Electrify, Burning or Dizzying, Tank, Flash and Reverse Flash. Lastly Acrobatics would include: Bleed or Daze(It would be a certain ninja based power), Troll, Batman/Azreal and Ra's Al Ghul/Catwoman

Science/Alchemy: Poison and or Burning(By throwing harmful potions or concoctions and could include form change as well as venom due to the helpful potions/concoctions applied to their allies or themself), Honestly could be any role but Tank might be the best, Doctor ALCHEMY comes to mind but for heroes you, could put any of the generic scientists like Doc Magnus.

As for the Black and White Lantern thing, they would be faction based. It might disappoint some heroes but it is one of the easiest powers dc could make, an actual NEW idea for a power and generally, it is not impossible.

That concludes my list of possible power ideas. I spent a lot of time on this and I hope it is seen by someone. If you have any ideas or criticism, feel free to add. Thank You!
    • Like x 6
  2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

You and your League mates put a lot of thought into this, nice job but sorry to say all of these have been talked about many times before.

One note on your mentioning of the Black and White Lanterns. Years ago the devs said those would never even be considered for player powers as they are completely OP powers. Also on the subject of Lantern powers, that's just not going to happen. Do to Lore issues, DC Comic's being overly protective of their property and just not being able to fit it into the game mechanics.
    • Like x 3
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

They did announce they were working on Serums ages ago. But it was put aside due to time constraints.

Also, because on test servers the characters were randomly yelling, "I can quit anytime I want!" and it became annoying.
    • Like x 1
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

#PS4isholdingthegameback :-D

jk
    • Like x 1
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

"We were going to offer you another power but we felt it was best to concentrate on other things."

...Later...

"You can use TWO Auras at once!"
    • Like x 2
  6. Toshknight Loyal Player

i think these are pretty good ideas. and even though some have may been talked about before who cares. keep bringing this stuff up. and you will have support.
    • Like x 3
  7. Toshknight Loyal Player

:)
  8. Toshknight Loyal Player

i remember when they were talking about serums before rage came out. are they still talking or working on it?
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

Serums was being scrapped and Atomic took the tank spot for it as it was suppose to be the healer power at first.
    • Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Serums was never mentioned before Rage...your memory is a bit spotty. New powers were announced after Weapon Mastery and Advanced Mechanics were dropped. They had said Serum/Tank, Atomic/Healer, Munitions/Troll. Munitions came first...then came a poll asking if people wanted Water. The interest for water was pretty high, so they then converted Atomic to a Tank power and promised Water would be next as a healer power. Then came all of the fixes for Advanced mechanics, and during that time Serums was scrapped, Jack Emmert came on, and before the end of Summer 2016 the Stats Matter revamp was announced. The following year, 2017 around the end of Summer Stats Matter was initially finished and Water was dropped as the last powerset to be released (about 3-4 years after it was announced). Serums is dead in the water, and no new powers are in the horizon.
    • Like x 2
  11. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

i do wish we could get new powers the game gets stale when theres not really a new way to play, we may get new instances to play in but the way we play is the same, i hope there is something in the works an they are just keeping it under wraps as a surprise for some day

also im just gonna come out an say this, saying black and white lanters will never happen just because they are too op is just a way of sayin we just dont want to do it, lets be honest here, atomic has a nuclear explosion in its abilities, celestial is suppose to be like some kind of cosmic power, so dont say its too "op"
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Serums was scrapped for Water.
    • Like x 1
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's tough for me to look at the refusal to make Black and White Lantern powers that way. With powers in general, an answer to a particular power request has usually been along the lines of "we have no plans at this time" and they've been more or less open to new power ideas.

Black and White Lanterns are the exception to that rule. It's never been "we have no plans" with those particular powers. It's just been "no." Those are the only powers that have gotten a flat-out refusal from the dev team, and there's been no wavering on that. It could be the devs feeling they'd be overpowered (and they have a point, we ARE talking about Life and Death), it could be DC saying "nope" or it could be a combination of both.
    • Like x 2
  14. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Some say No we have enough and some say what we have isn't enough.Then some say they need to balance what we already have . From my past history On this subject I have always said we need more .

From a new player coming into the game there is plenty to pick from from OG player's who want more powers what we have isn't enough lol . So it will come a time but for a time now I'm not expecting any new powers just new content ,QOL updates, New tcs and new Artifacts, .
    • Like x 1
  15. Whodini Well-Known Player

I'm all in on Vampire powers. I think Troll makes the most sense. Hypnosis /Glamour to crowd control. Maybe work shapeshifting or familiars into it as well. The only problem is making it work for heroes.

Cybernetics is cool for a tank power. Sound is overdue in my opinion. Also, we need Wind if we ever want to successfully summon Captain Planet.
    • Like x 2
  16. BLAQistLight New Player

Thank you I'm glad you all responded ^_^
    • Like x 1
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We have read plenty of stories in comics about small scale dealings with Atomic/cosmic/celestial/god-like things. I have yet to read a small scale story about White/Black Lanterns. Everything dealing with them has been big time. It's too OP is the proper answer for the game. Also, they have no plans for new powers...so it doesn't even matter if Black/White or any other remaining spectrum color could work or not...it's not happening.
  18. BLAQistLight New Player

I somewhat disagree. The Black and White Lanterns are op in their own right but the big, broken gods are nekron and the life entity. They are the main gods in the story. The real power would be along the lines of what Black hand, the Black lantern minions and or what any other corps can do
  19. BLAQistLight New Player

Black Lantern abilities can be broken, I agree

I didn't go in to full detail into what most powers functions and styles could be, so here they are:

Magnetism would be able to use shards of metal apart of or carried by it's user as well as attract and repel enemies(mostly because more than half of they enemies we fight have something magnetic on them; whether it be armor, weapons or gadgets). The color of the power would be grey(Color of the background of the images in the power tray)

Black and White Lanterns would be able to reverse, slow and or speed up life and death on enemies or allies. Also constructs. There would also be an ability called Rise/Enliven or Raise(name faction based) that would allow them to reanimate the enemy and turn them into a pet that could do damage. This would stack up 3 times and would be a finisher doing extra damage to enemies under 35% similar to Felix Faust's "Necrobisis" in legends. This might be controversial but can be tweaked by the developers if they so please. The colors for backgrounds would be white and pure black(obviously) and for black, inverted colors.

Demonic could probably summon demons and or hellfire such as John Constantine. Color would be reddish orange.

Sound could have trolling abilities such as singing or any other vocal talents such as Music Meister. Color could be light blue or a darker white.

Cybernetics could have missiles, inbuilt technological implants and features, and metal armor able to empower them and allies such as density with atomic. The color will be grey or darker grey.

Wind will be able to also push or pull enemies away with different types of gusts; able to vitalize and galvanize their allies. Color would be white or certain shades of blue on account of Red Tornado's color patterns.

Vampirism could have the ability to summon bats, transform and maybe stealth. Color would be red.

Witchcraft would have curses, arcane magic and or summoning. Color would be purple or green.

Stretching could include form changes such as nature to account for tanking and damage. Color would be red , purple or yellow due to Plastic and Elongated Man.

Illusions would be able to summon clones that can be expendable or purposeful, allowing you to teleport and switch places with them in times of need. Colors would be light blue.

Movement has the most detail. The colors would be red or orange for speed, white grey or light blue for flight, and blue black or grey for acrobatics

Science also has a bit of detail. The color would be green.

There you go.
  20. BLAQistLight New Player

Also I had a very terrible, controversial idea called hybrid

hybrid would let you combine every single ability from existing powers, allowing you to fully customize your powerset

This would allow DCUO to get a lot of money with minimum effort if they were to put a price on it.