New Player Power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Tylion, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Tylion New Player

Hey, gonna make this short. New player here, and wondering what powers are good for new players getting a hang of the game. Also weapon suggestions (if those really matter that much). Thanks
  2. ShottiBloodangel New Player

Depends on what you like to do heal, tank, troll or dps
  3. Tylion New Player

Probably stick to dps to start with.
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Munitios as Might based Dps is a nice Power to start with and is also suitable for Endgame content, but you could Choose any Power that interests you, even as a Starter.
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

powerset is entirely up to you individually, as what works for someone else most likely won't work for you, for example i'm more of a tactical aoe user myself but my suggested powers would be far from optimal for you if say you prefer a brute force approach like earth or rage. however i can offer you some weapon choices per role which would optimally improve said role (healer, controller, tank, dps ) http://dcuo.mmorpg-life.com/716/guides/a-guide-to-weapon-role-synergy-in-dcuo/. might i ask how you prefer to support/fight? just for further context to answer the question with, it would greatly help in suggesting a powerset for you.
  6. Tylion New Player

I usually prefer ranged dps. Not really sure the extent to which powers support, but not looking to be a tank.
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

in that case i think i can offer a fairly decent handful of powers which may be to your liking: mental/gadgets are fairly nice on the ranged offensive albeit they have a fatal flaw of having no heals outside of a single supercharge heal (though with the right artifacts these supercharges become bearable and almost convenient enough), quantum is also a fairly nice controller/ranged DPS (and was a personal favorite of mine before most powers had their personal heals made inconvenient super charges), water and nature are decent enough even though nature's DOTS (Damage Over Time) can be costly in time and efficiency; it and water are one of the few powers left which doesn't have it's self heals all converted to super charges, hardlight is semi ranged with abilities like: light chompers, strafe, minigun, ram, grasping hand, ballistic assault, impact etc and a bonus of also being one of a select few non-healer powers to not get the "super charge heal" treatment and retain it's triage self heal. depending on whether you have a league or dependable support i would suggest any of the powers mentioned with ranged DPS and a good free use self heal and shield, some raid pugs will be murder.