New Player Forum

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Aug 11, 2019.

1. dresserball Dedicated Player

Where did that section go? Gave me a good chuckle.
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Dang it was removed? Many new players don't know about the forums or don't care to check until they know what the forums are mainly used for. I would have kept it up a bit longer. Player Safehouse lol
  3. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Where did the new players go is a better question... since there is no one to queue content with at lower levels and the solution is CR Skips and Source Marks in the marketplace, what's the point? Who would pay to skip to endgame if you had no idea what it was like to play with other players?

A switch section? Yeah, I could see that, but "new players"? Not alts, but true new players? I'd be pretty shocked if there are that many on PS/PC or Xbox servers given how you have essentially the same content to run everyday after hitting level 30.

Everytime the Devs find a way to encourage experienced players to queue into old content it's monetized out of this purpose within months or faster...
  4. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I was surprised when I saw it gone. It looked like it had some potential. To Creed's point, I have no idea how many truly new players (not new alts) are playing DCUO. I've been taking a break for a few weeks from gaming in general (I still like to read the Forums), but when I do logon to DCUO I always see people in either WT, HOD, Doomed Metro, and other places, no matter what the time of day. So to me, it appears that lots of people are playing. However, that could just be my perception. I have no idea what it was like back when the game first began.
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

It's kind of ghost-town-y compared to the early years, especially in the open-world PVP phases; fortunately the cash spammers provide the illusion of player traffic, but there's really only a couple places where there's still a continuous player conversation going on.
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think the problem is that this type of game is pretty foreign to the Switch player base. No one uses a mic because Nintendo is dumb and didn't make voice chat built into the system. I haven't really had a problem queuing. However I do think it is funny, no one goes into pvp phase. I went there thinking I could relive the glory days of getting a large group to raid hideout entrances but it is a ghost town there.
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

Voice chat is built into the program. My league has been using voice since launch. Just gotta plug in a headset in the port and voice is on by default in the settings which of course folks can turn off and adjust if need be
    • Like x 1
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Oh yea I know that but I'm talking about the average switch player. Voice chat isn't a norm so to the Switch player who only owns a switch, voice chat probably isn't even something that crosses their mind. I also rarely see anyone talking and the ones that do are the typical people arguing about who is better and then ends in who can insult each other better lol.

I will say, I've been making quite a bit of change in this non busted economy.
    • Like x 3
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Yeah I never enter Prox chat lol its the devil lol
    • Like x 2
  10. dresserball Dedicated Player

@Mepps Why was this removed?
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Probably didn’t have enough views/comments so it made the switch port look like a waste
    • Like x 1
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Because it wasn't being used properly, there wasn't a single actual new person posting in the forum just what everyone else could do for new players (not being a hypocrite as I posted there as well just to follow the flow)
    • Like x 2
  13. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Are the forums even mentioned in game? How would a new player know to come here? The only reason i found out ab this place is bc along time ago when i sent mail it could never be received and was lost in cyber space , that was years ago theres no game breaking glitches still around today to drive people to search for a platform like this
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The forums aren't advertised much in this game and the forum population represents 99% casual players and 1% elitist and you routinely see the same names appears on these forums. DCUO Reddit is dead, DCUO discord is dead as well, a new player will use the social media platform accessible to them and that is Youtube for most inquires they would have.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I mean i know my chat is bad, but.... :p
    • Like x 1
  16. AZPrime Active Player

If you're looking for an actual answer, it's one or a combination of the following:

A) There weren't enough new players or forum accounts being made, nor enough threads or posts in that section to justify its existence.

B) The mods realized that the search built into the forum is enough for new players to find what they're looking for. Also Google.

C) A couple of narcissists made threads and posts in there for the sole purpose of promoting themselves and their YouTube channels, which pretty much made that otherwise empty forum nothing but advertising for them.

Take your pick.

Honesty, with search engines and instant response services like official Discord servers, forums have been on the decline for the last few years. They still serve a purpose in terms of feedback and communication, but for seeking information they're edging closer and closer to being obsolete.

With the way people talk in online games, it's probably a good thing Nintendo doesn't offer built-in voice chat. Nintendo's playerbase tends to skew more to the younger crowd, and they are rather protective of that image, so obviously voice chat could be considered problematic to them. Though in any case, given the extreme popularity of chat programs these days, getting a headset and joining a Discord or TeamSpeak server to communicate with others for a raid or whatever isn't exactly hard to do.

As for PVP, that's a whole different problem the game has. That requires extensive rebalancing and quite possibly an overhaul from the ground up to even hold a candle to the rest of the game, but all of that is secondary to PVE content as has been stated several times in the past.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Removed because it was everything but helpful to new players. It turned to a "here's what I think is the best build and set up for a new person" "no your loadouts are trash...new people, don't listen to this person." Can't have nice things cause people need to flex their ego.
    • Like x 4
  18. dresserball Dedicated Player

That's the problem. You aren't new and don't really know if it was helpful. It was funny though.
    • Like x 1