New Perk Ideas for Members

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SekretVillain, Nov 13, 2019.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

- 1 stabilizer per day upon login
    - 1 redeemable item upto $10 off MP without using LP
    - The badges that's granted is increased to cover 6 raids, so 550
    - you can gift MP items
    - able to convert 100 old Mark's to SM per month
    - able to send alts gear in shared bank
    - unlocking feats and styles are cheaper, 2 stars are 1 badge, 3 star is 3 badges.
    - monthly grant of 10mil in game cash, it's not alot but its 10mil free.
    - New reg and enhanced style each month.

With these I'd resub and pay 25 for legendary. I'm sure you noticed I didn't mention cash cap, reason being is with better perks they could remove the cash cap for premiums who own DLC' and for those who sub for all the extra bonuses.
    • Like x 2
  2. Awsome Well-Known Player

I have always been in the camp that they should remove the cash cap for premium and just offer way more perks, but to be totally honest, what you are suggesting is way to much and in many cases unreasonable.

- 1 stabilizer per day upon login - This will significantly cut into a major cash stream. Which is bad. You may like the idea of them not making money, but in reality, once this game stops making money it goes away. I think that a legendary member can earn up to 1 stabilizer a day if they play all day and grind it out, but just giving them one would be costly to the game. Maybe more of a small possibility of a fragment dropping in game for legendary members, or maybe adding fragments to the prometheum lockboxes. but just handing them out would likely hurt the game revenue.
    - 1 redeemable item upto $10 off MP without using LP - This is why we get the LP, so we can buy stuff. If you think they should increase the amount of LP that is one thing, but giving one item away each month for free would not help their cause. Think about it. how many people would subscribe just for the one month to get the 10 dollar item, plus the free 500 (now you put in 15 dollars, the game gave you back 15 dollars, and you get a 10% discount on everything. now add in all the other benefits, and DBG is out more than 15 dollars for that 15 you gave. then the person cancels, keeps their stuff, and DBG just lost out on a significant amount of money). The only way this would work is if it is a one-time gift, and maybe you lose it if you are no longer legendary.
    - The badges that's granted is increased to cover 6 raids, so 550 - a 366% increase in the amount of badges is quite frankly absurd. Maybe an extra 50, and reduce the cost per instance by %10 percent for legendary members would be a much more reasonable ask.
    - you can gift MP items - This would completely make MP items worthless, especially if you are getting a whopping $15 a month (which is what you suggested). Only way I see this as feasible, is if the gifted item can not be purchased by LP or the free $10
    - able to convert 100 old Mark's to SM per month - I could get behind this one
    - able to send alts gear in shared bank - this would never happen. Its quite possibly game breaking
    - unlocking feats and styles are cheaper, 2 stars are 1 badge, 3 star is 3 badges. - This would just significantly reduce the amount of time needed to play the game, which is something that the Devs don't necissarily want.
    - monthly grant of 10mil in game cash, it's not alot but its 10mil free. - NO NO NO NO NO! No!... Absolutely not! no. Please god no. If you think that the market is already out of whack (it is) imagine how bad it will be when all legendary members start getting 10M for free EVERY MONTH! the game economy would be dead.
    - New reg and enhanced style each month. - This would be nice, but a lot harder to pull off. You are asking Devs to make something for free every month on top of what they need to do.

Honestly, I would love for there to be more given to legendary and then remove the money cap for premium (would help with in-game economy problems) but what you are asking for is wayyyyy too much and unreasonable IN MY OPINION
    • Like x 4
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

at present you earn 6 fragments a day as a subscriber, 15 fragments = 1 stabilizer, so basically every 2.5 days you have a stabilizer, or 3 days and then 2 days, since a .5 day cycle is functionally impossible to do.

1 stabilizer a day actually wouldn't cut into things *too* much, since you still have day one completionists, whales, and occasional events like Resurgence driving sales.

here nor there.
    • Like x 1
  4. Awsome Well-Known Player

Two things here.

First, OP said that legendary gets a free stabilizer automatically at log in, not up the stabilizer fragments you get to 15. That means you would still get the 6 fragments on top of the free stabilizer.

Second, it would absolutely cut into it significantly. A new capsule drops maybe every 3 months or so (give or take a month). That means under your system (just one a day) you would get approx. 90 stabilizers. Under OP's system you would get 126 stabalizers. Currently you would only get 36 stabilizers if you run every day. To say that an extra 54 stabilizers (or 90 stabilizers in OPs case) wouldn't affect the game revenue all that much is crazy!

Personally, I will buy a stack of 20 stabilizers once or twice a year. but no way would I buy a stack again if i can get that many stabilizers.
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Just a question regarding this... if I choose to purchase an item from the MP and then "gift" it to someone, how have they lost any money? One item was purchased... just because I am not the one to claim it makes no difference because in the end, somebody had to pay for the item in the first place.

Well, this would be no different than the idea of being able to share generator mod boxes as "account bound" items. It would require some modifications to make this viable... the modifications being that the gear will only open to a level consistent with your current CR or that it is unusable by the receiving character until it achieves a requisite minimum CR in order to open it. Generator mod boxes in this scenario would be just that... "Generic Generator Mod Box"... and when a character opened it, it would only provide the highest level mod a character of that CR can have... meaning if your CR is only 160 and you trade a Generator Mod Box you got by running False Idols on your main end-game capable character, the best you will get is an Amazon Fury III generator mod.

Would this be cool? Hell yeah!
    Is this going to happen? That's entirely up to the devs and whether or not they see it as a viable, non-game breaking option.
    Could it happen in the next game update? Don't hold your breath.

Aww, come on... you enjoyed that laugh for just a second or two before logic and realistic expectations hit you. :)

As if the devs don't have enough to do already... They're already basically doing that with time capsules, though the frequency is more like once every other month. Couple that with a new vendor style and elite/enhanced style every DLC, that's closing in on the average frequency of new styles. They just don't arrive each month. They arrive in clumps instead. Besides, when they create new styles there is likely some kind of legal and/or creative approval process they need to go through with DC Comics, and for all we know they may have rejected many styles along the way as it is.

I could see a little more of an increase in the cap for premium... but full-time access to 100% of your cash is a perk of membership. Beyond that, I'm with you... a lot of what the OP requested is going well into the realm of unreasonable.
    • Like x 2
  6. Awsome Well-Known Player

Because DBG loses that money. Under OPs suggestions, each member essentially gets 15 dollars worth of free stuff every month. Ability to gift that money means that a lot of that free money will start to get funnelled to free or premium members, which would be a big loss to the company. I re-read what I wrote, and I kinda didn't word it right. Essentially, there would just be a lot of premium and free players running around with free stuff from the marketplace because of the vast amount of free money given to legendary members.

I never said I wouldn't like this, but they differentiate stuff as account bound, tradeable, and not tradeable for a reason. They aren't going to change their game policy like that for legendary members.

The way I see it is that once I get my main up to all blue and purple max level, I can just sent the rest of the gear to other toons, thus relieving them from playing the game entirely. I can very easily get all my toons to close to max cr without trying. This would cost DBG money because the CR boost would be close to irrelevent. Also, it would reduce the number of people queuing into instances.

This is very different than mod boxes, because CR is how you actually level in this game. Mod boxes are a minor perk.

I just personally think that if you put money into the game at any time, you get access to your money. But to do this viably, the legendary members need to get much more to make it worth it, since no cap on money is a big perk.

But even if they don't do that, maybe make it so that you have unlimited access to your money for 30 days for every 10 dollars you spend (or something like that). Giving a large group of players access to the marketplace will go a long way in fixing the market, which is a benefit to legendary members as well.
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

OK, I saw two separate items... one was the one free item the other was the ability to gift items purchased in the MP. If you can gift the free item suggested by the first item, then yes, I agree with you. That free item would have to be account bound otherwise you do have things floating around that weren't paid for. If the two are separate transactions... that the only thing you can gift is something you purchased in the MP (or even the loyalty points vendor) to a person of your choosing, you do not have extra free items running around the game. As a member, I had to purchase the item. What I do with the item after purchase is my business. If I want to spend my money and give away what I've bought, DBG has the money for the items and I'm walking around with nothing because someone else has it. The "free $10 mil" idea was good for a laugh... and I hope that none of the green names had coffee (or other beverage) all over their computer screens when they read that suggestion. :)

As it is, time capsule gear is 100% tradeable. What is the difference if I acquire through opening time capsules, in-game cash, or trades any of that gear and trade it to an alt or if I take loot drops and trade them? OK, someone had to spend the stabilizer (which can be earned for free) just to get the one gear box. Well, I had to spend time running an instance or a mission to get the other. A compromise might be saying that you can trade the loot drop... but it will open as a style only, not as an actual piece of gear to level up your toon. Again, a lot of work for the devs... but maybe it's something they can consider.
  8. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Did they change how the system work and give free players the ability to receive items?

It has been a while since I have been on the game, just trying to figure out why people always bring in a group that essentially can't even trade unless through the broker.

Is this another cash cap thread, cause it sure does sound like one.
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

1- hows it unreasonable? I did say they could even raise the price a little to offset the better perks.

2- again I dont see how 1 stabilizer would hurt seeing as there have been numerous people on this very forums claiming to spend over $500 and never completing a single collection in a capsule.

3- like I said it's about pricing vs perks. Right now ppl only sub for access to all content and their in game cash, I'm sorry but imo those 2 alone arent worth spending 120.

4- you say its absurd to get to run raids 6 extra times a month? You can toss percentages around all you like, but the fact remains is people dont like running loot locked, devs should want people to stay on dcuo longer not shorter.

5- the free $10 would be account bound so no you wouldn't be able to use that to gift something to someone. Thus needing to spend more $ outside of sub. Theres been a few dozen times I had friends who couldn't sub or buy DLC, if only we were able to gift items.

7- hows that any different than capsule gear? Its not.

8- not really because you have to actually earn the feats once before your able to unlock it on a alt. Bringing alts up should be easier and devs should want ppl to be on the game vs another game.

9- seriously over 10mil? Hardly theres people running around with 6bil +. It would take a entire year logging in to even reach 120mil, most you could buy with that is 1 semi rare collection.

10- I'm just throwing out ideas, I'm not saying all of these need to be a perk but some of them should definitely make the cut imo
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

You obviously misunderstood or I didnt clearly write it out, I apologize for any misunderstanding. But the fragments would only be done for F2P and premiums still not legendary people.
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

F2P still cant trade and no it's not a cash cap thread. It's about how to make legendary actually worth paying for. I use to buy legendary but dont anymore because I simply dont need to. I bought colas to sale.

Like I said above legendary membership should be more about easing a person's play experience all around not just for repair purposes.
  12. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

time capsule gear is attunable to whatever CR the alt is. Could I send 235 Etrigan gear to to my 80 cr geared earth and electric toons for that huge CR boost to bring it inline to 270+ CR?
  13. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I still believe they should have put those styles and items in the lockboxes.

I don't care for the TC nor the event, but I would run it daily anyway.

My character is behind and will be behind until I feel like playing again.

There are way to many reasons why people would sub, changing how many fragments, there will be some who would sub, sure.

Would it be a larger number who would sub than those who would if they changed any of the benefits to more or less...I am not so convinced.

To me, this idea would probably have the same effect as if they brought back early access to DLC's and probably less.

The cash cap will always be the main reason they keep a core base for legendary access, they consistently focus on endgame content and the gameplay for endgame players.

Not much is still in the marketplace, if they gave away 1 item a month plus LP, people will be deleting items in no time, it would be a waste of resources and we will be right back here again.

I am not against your idea, it just doesn't seem practicable, given the lack of basically everything that can ward off boredom, despite the uniqueness of the game.
  14. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I think you are asking for too much as well for the most part. See above comments.
    • Like x 1
  15. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

I do not see it happening.
    If there was supposed to be any changes done about the membership perks, they would have come true yet, eventhough people had requested many times. There are already much enough perks for membership which prevent the game from prospering and improving such as powersets' issue. If it happens, then we'll be seeing the extinction of Time Capsules.
    • Like x 1
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

As a member i would instantly sign up :D hell i would even be pleased if the replay badges would cover 2 raids atleast :eek:
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

@ Myandria

1- I get that but when was the last time anything was added to the MP cosmetics or anything?

2- you claim there would be no reason to run raids? I call BS because once you ran raids and weekly's most ppl log out til next Thursday. With this it would at least keep ppl playing a little longer and potentially spending more $.

5- yea but that gear is only what 230?

7- free and premiums wouldn't get 10mil it's just those who sub

8- for a full year its 120.
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

@ Gassius

Yes or they can make reward boxes you get just for alts on your main that would allow you to attune it to your alts CR.
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

And some if yall arent understanding my thread apparently, I'm not saying legendary should get ALL of these. I'm saying what I'd like as a perk based on my 8 years here and what would get me to renew my sub again.
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I'm down with the idea with able to trade gear with alts, I'm fine with that. Stabilizer a day, I would be cool with.

I'm down with the idea of getting $10 mill in game cash. Bad enough the economy is broken, we don't need to throw more cash into it.