New Nightwing Model

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Penryn, Aug 30, 2019.

1. DamienWayneRobinnightwig New Player

Looks pretty good but I am the only one wondering what on earth that is behind him
  2. Dene Devoted Player

Its a toon - a player - and a brief/investigation looks like too
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

Think they just updated wonder woman a couple months ago
    • Like x 1
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Some of yall are straight up ridiculous. It looks good. The chest looks like they were making a suit that wasnt 100 percent slimline. Like it has some give so he can actually move in it. Looks sweet. Old model was very outdated.
    • Like x 4
  5. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I think it looks great and I REALLY want that hairstyle...
    • Like x 3
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Also don't forget all these new models have to be approved by DC itself. So if they're good for DC they're good for me.

I can think of a few more who need updates. Deathstroke. Black canary. Beast boy. Phantom stranger. Maybe green arrow. A few more.
    • Like x 3
  7. dresserball Dedicated Player

They did. She could use a remake.
    • Like x 3
  8. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

The new Nightwing model looks good! I hope the devs have plans to update the models of Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn too! The Gotham City Sirens also need update!
    • Like x 1
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Odd choice to make the face blue
  10. ICantLogIn New Player

Because that is his rebirth outfit, and the mask is blue. Which makes his mask stand out more. It also looks good in the comics
    • Like x 4
  11. RealTegan Dedicated Player

My only complaint with the costume is that the bird is facing the wrong direction.

As for the rest... well, they've completely struck out on all facial remakes. Not one of them looks as good as the original, this one included. Costumes - lovely. Faces - ug.
    • Like x 4
  12. Neph Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Same as the eagle on the WW chest piece, that might be a DC/WB decision.
    • Like x 1
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

That's highly subjective and opinion based. I think most of the new models look great costume and face wise. Some are just so used to the old ones. The original designs were based off of jim lees style. Every artist and each version draws these characters a bit differently through out the years. They remain similar in core but everyone who draws them puts their style on it. They are moving away from classic jim lee designs to more updated modern ones. Whether you like that or not is also subjective. I personally do.
    • Like x 1
  15. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I never said it wasn't. But when Wonder Woman looks like she just came off a three-week bender, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the art. In my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Well. I like the new wonder woman. So there's that i guess.
    • Like x 1
  17. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I think it is, literally, the worst version of Wonder Woman's face I have ever seen in any media. Her eyes are sunken and dark, she looks like she's either zombie-fied or hasn't slept in three weeks, the lines of the face seem all wrong for her, and it just generally presents a very negative picture of the character. When you add her tiara, she looks like a Neanderthal... which is fine, if you consider her to be one - not so fine if you don't.

Similarly, Superman was turned into a softened, doughy mess. And this Nightwing... I can't yet put my finger on it, but it really doesn't look a thing like Nightwing to me. The old version had its problems, but this just seems badly drawn and poorly thought out. I think the hair is better, but the facial structure is all off.

And yes, it's all my opinion. But I honestly see no beauty in the current DCUO version of Wonder Woman. I cringe every time I see it in game. Same with the Superman. It just doesn't look like Superman to me. I doubt they'll change this model of Nightwing, so I guess that's another character I'll be cringing at and avoiding looking at.
    • Like x 2
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

Exactly, yet some people are ridiculous for not liking what you like. :rolleyes: Opinions are a tricky thing, my guy.
    • Like x 1
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah. Was being a little hyperbolic. Was referring to some of the over the top assessments of the character. I never said anything about everyone having to like it.
    • Like x 1
  20. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Hey. Thats how you see it. Unfortunate. But not everyone will like everything.
    • Like x 1