New Movement Modes?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Harlequin_Nox, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

When Skimming came out we heard they were planning to add more options. We haven't heard anything since. I posted the following (below) to a similar thread, but it occurs to me I may have been posting in the wrong place. So, here goes:

Acrobatics: Long Jump (This is super jump, but with more focus on controlling the jump... so jumps are able to be longer rather than higher, unless you hit Fast Mode [hold R3] to go into bursts for traveling greater distances, in which case they are both)
    Super Speed: Astral Projection (aka Teleportation/Phasing. This could be fun if done in bursts where your character's "spirit" leaves his body and flies forward, then shifts the "body" which has been left in freeze-frame to his back to him. Done over short distances in quick succession this could be a very cool effect)
    Flight: Skimming

Unlikely alternatives:

Acrobatic: Shapeshifting (Take the shape of different animals for different movements, like Beast Boy. A fun variant of this might be to do something vampiric - turn into a swarm of bats for Rocket Glide, a wolf for running, or a large puddle of blood to slide up and across buildings)
    Super Speed: Surfing (some would argue that this would be flight, but I just don't see it)
    Flight: Atmokinesis (weather control; have a cyclone below you to achieve flight, ride a lightning bolt down when flying straight at the ground, etc.)

Acrobatics: Mounts (Beast Travel, with Style tab for different mount options)
    Super Speed: Vehicles (Ground Based, with Style tab for different vehicle options)
    Flight: Vehicles (Air-based, with Style tab for different vehicle options)

Thoughts?
    • Like x 2
  2. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

It took them over 4 years to introduce a new movement. Don't look for a new movement any time soon. That said, your ideas aren't bad and they're keeping with the movement mode theme(Skimming and Flight being the same type of movement).
    • Like x 1
  3. Ghostof91 New Player

Wouldn't Astral make more sense with Flight than anything?

I like that shapeshifting suggestion pretty unique as in I never heard it before.+1
  4. sirzap Well-Known Player

there was once a suggestion like bouncing but that would work with plasticman shaped as a ball. there was rely that that ball could roll also. another variation for stretching is that the strides would be longer as the legs would be longated.

as for that Astral Projection (aka Teleportation/Phasing) one thing that comes to my mind ... if you have played starcraft, just look at how the high templar unit moves, it floats/hovers while theres a blur of after images ... that animation is what I see . also on starcraft 2 there is a Protoss unit called Adept that when it uses its first skill , its "soul" travels leaving its body back and when you press the skill again the body would now be teleported to the place of the "soul".

anyway kudos to those ideas. keep them coming.
  5. Klownnuke Active Player

10/10 would buy.
  6. ThePastMaster Well-Known Player

Teleportaion, nuff said.
  7. BlakkLantern New Player

Vehicles would def be cool
  8. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Its not GTA u know :D
    Super Speed : Drunken Runner
    Acrobatics : Red Handed Lover jump or
    [IMG]
    Hahahahha
    • Like x 1
  9. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

10. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

LOL do you mean the way spider man moves? XD
  11. SasquaT Dedicated Player

spider man moves its pure acro and we already got it :)